Marina Vista suites deck 9 or 12

cruising diva

We are thinking of Vista suites on the Marina deck 9 or deck 12. For those of you who have stayed in these suites, which do you think will have less motion? Thank you in advance.

I haven't stayed in Vista suite but was in an Oceania suite on the Riviera two weeks ago and our Butler worked in both suites, plus I spoke with someone in the Vista suite on our deck (12).

From the Butler - he loved our suite. Not so much the Vista Suite.

From the "occupants" - they liked their suite. BUT could not use the balcony, at all, when the ship was underway. All was, to use their term, "fastened down". AND they had nolighting on their balcony when we were moving since there might have been a problem for the Bridge.

We were offered an upgrade to a Vista suite... and declined. And were glad we did.

We are thinking of Vista suites on the Marina deck 9 or deck 12. For those of you who have stayed in these suites, which do you think will have less motion? Thank you in advance.

We've been in Vista suites on the Marina on 10 and 12 and haven't noticed any difference in motion.

As to the poster's comments above, yes, everything is tied down when the ship is at sail so you won't be able to sit outside when the ship is moving....HOWEVER...when the ship is approaching a port, the views and feeling of being in the front of the ship make it all worthwhile....

yes, everything is tied down when the ship is at sail so you won't be able to sit outside when the ship is moving.

We've only been in Vista Suites on the R ships, mostly because we are so crazy about the Oceania Suites on the O class, but I'm thinking that these descriptions must be for Transatlantic voyages, or some other type of positioning cruises.

We've just about circumnavigated Europe in a Vista Suite, and although the veranda definitely gets windy when the ship is at sea, even more so when speed is increased, that never stopped us from enjoying and even entertaining on it.

True, outside illumination after dark is a no no, but as traveler916 says the views when entering or leaving a port will take your breath away.

105740.jpg231442.jpg074153.jpg062306.jpg

Jim and Stan. Thank you. what deck were you on when you took these pics?

Photographs 1 and two are from Deck 6 (just above the blue line) on the Regatta.

OCEANIA-REGATTA-at-sea.jpg

Photographs 3 and 4 are from the bridge of the Marina (as I say, we have never sailed in a Vista on the O Class), but as the Vista's that you were inquiring about are immediately above and below the bridge, the view would be the same.

094702.jpg

221114.jpg In this photograph, Deck 12 is immediately above the bridge (the row of windows that runs completely across the ship). The sliding glass doors that you see, facing forward are in the living rooms of the various Visa Suites.

220605.jpg

173424.jpgthe wide rectangular window is in the bedroom

160209.jpg This is the Veranda of Vista Suite 12000 (which is on the Port Side).

• 1 month later...

We noticed that you are sailing on the Marina on 26 May2013 NY/Southampton and wondered if you know of any tours being offered for the Canadian ports of call and also is there a Meet & Greet.

We have only just booked this cruise so very last minute.

Thanks

Keith & Barbara

Sydney Australia

Stayed in the Vista Suite on Deck 9 on Riviera which we were told is the largest, not sure that is true for Marina.

This was for a Mediterranean cruise and the wind was still very strong to point of being unpleasant to enjoy the veranda while the ship was moving. It was however fabulous while we we were docked and we enjoyed it tremendously and would do it again. The motion did not bother us.

Stayed in the Vista Suite on Deck 9 on Riviera which we were told is the largest, not sure that is true for Marina.

This was for a Mediterranean cruise and the wind was still very strong to point of being unpleasant to enjoy the veranda while the ship was moving. It was however fabulous while we we were docked and we enjoyed it tremendously and would do it again. The motion did not bother us.

Marina and Riviera are exactly the same with the exception of a few cosmetic changes..

Jancruz1

The exact sizes for Vista Suites on each of the 4 decks is as follows (all in metres I'm afraid)....

Deck 8

Suite excl bathroom: 74.3 m2

Bathroom: 15.4 m2

Balcony: 51.4 m2

Deck 9

Suite excl bathroom: 68.5 m2

Bathroom: 15.1 m2

Balcony: 85.4 m2

Deck 10

Suite excl bathroom: 62 m2

Bathroom: 13.1 m2

Balcony: 48.6 m2

Deck 12

Suite excl bathroom: 79.5 m2

Bathroom: 13.8 m2

Balcony: 60.6 m2

We noticed that you are sailing on the Marina on 26 May2013 NY/Southampton and wondered if you know of any tours being offered for the Canadian ports of call and also is there a Meet & Greet.

We have only just booked this cruise so very last minute.

Thanks

Keith & Barbara

Sydney Australia

You may want to join the roll call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1558015

It may be too late to join tours but you could see if you can arrange similar tours

The exact sizes for Vista Suites on each of the 4 decks is as follows (all in metres I'm afraid)....

Deck 8

Suite excl bathroom: 74.3 m2

Bathroom: 15.4 m2

Balcony: 51.4 m2

Deck 9

Suite excl bathroom: 68.5 m2

Bathroom: 15.1 m2

Balcony: 85.4 m2

Deck 10

Suite excl bathroom: 62 m2

Bathroom: 13.1 m2

Balcony: 48.6 m2

Deck 12

Suite excl bathroom: 79.5 m2

Bathroom: 13.8 m2

Balcony: 60.6 m2

Not that I have any reason to doubt these measurements' date=' but since each Vista Suite is made up of multiple rooms, my [i']first[/i] question would be:

o-staterooms-3d-vs.jpg Did you include or exclude the footprint of the walls in your calculation?

The roll call for the May 26th NY-Southampton cruise is very active and just this morning announced some vacancies on a Dublin tour. Even at this late date inquiries are posted about tours.

Mura

Not that I have any reason to doubt these measurements, but since each Vista Suite is made up of multiple rooms, my first question would be:

o-staterooms-3d-vs.jpg Did you include or exclude the footprint of the walls in your calculation?

The dimensions given to me were for the whole of the suite interior excluding the bathroom, the bathroom itself, and for the balcony.

For Deck 8 VS suites for example that gives..

Interior excl Bathroom 800 sqft

Bathroom 166 sqft

Verandah 553 sqft

Which gives a total of 1519 sqft....just above the 1200-1500 sq ft that O advertise.

The deck 9 vista suites mesurements for the balcony seem to be off OR the oceania literature is wrong since when you add up the square footage given above, the deck 9 vista suites come out to 1808 square feet in total (interior of 893 square feet and balcony of 915 square feet).

The deck 9 vista suites mesurements for the balcony seem to be off OR the oceania literature is wrong since when you add up the square footage given above, the deck 9 vista suites come out to 1808 square feet in total (interior of 893 square feet and balcony of 915 square feet).

The balcony is larger than the interior space on deck 9....it's quite clear to see in the pic Jim & Stan posted in reply #6 :)

I have been looking at the comments about the Vista Suites. Just wondering, since we are B-1, but a guarantee, has anyone been upgraded to a Vista Suite from this? Also, do A-4 staterooms have a private room members can go into for drinks, breakfast, etc, like on RCCL Diamond status members can? Never been on Oceania and dreaming about all the possibilities. thanks so much,

I doubt anyone has been upgraded that far, but an upsell might be possible. It depends on the availability and price (for the upsell).

We've gotten upsells from a PH to a Vista or the Owner's Suite several times. But it might be more feasible to hope for an upsell TO a PH rather than all the way up to a VS.

Best thing is to let your TA (or Oceania) know you'd be open to an upsell and see what happens.

Mura

Archived