souvenir cups?

are they selling the tiki cups and does anyone have photo's of the souvenir cups they are selling, thanks:)

We were on Carnival Valor this past May and I didn't see any of the tiki cups but I think those are sold in the bars (Red Frog Pub and Blue Iguana???) on the ships that have had the 2.0 upgrades. On our Valor Cruise, they had different cups most of the week, in addition to the cordial shot glasses served with dinner (right before desert is served in main dining rooms). We were on a 7 day, Southern Caribbean cruise and Valor has not had the 2.0 upgrade yet. For the first five days they had a different cup but there were plenty left over that you could get the rest of the week. We got ours at the bars on the Lido deck near the pools and they also walk around selling them on serving trays all over the Lido deck/pools. I don't know if they have them at the bars inside the ship or not, but I didn't see any.

I'll attach pictures of what I got:

First Drink of the Day souvenir glass that the "Funship Special" comes in (day 1)

IMG_5244.jpg

The Coconut Monkey cups that were served on day 2 of our cruise

100_6409.jpg

The "Blowfish" cups - served day 3

IMG_5242.jpg

The "Disco Ball" cup - served day 4

IMG_5241.jpg

The "funnel" cup - served day 5

IMG_5243.jpg

Attaching pictures of the cordial shot glasses. Again, there was a different one served each night. If you miss a night you could still get them. For the first four nights they had a different color each night (clear/white, green, blue, and yellow). On the 5th night of our cruise, they had the clear, plastic shot glass with the Carnival logo that lights up (on/off button on the bottom). The last two nights all were available. Also, if you miss a night, we were told that by Wednesday they'd have all colors available at the bar in the atrium. Here are the pics:

Cordial glass shot glasses served with dinner just before desert

IMG_5247.jpg

The plastic, "flashing" shot glass. It's pretty cool and the colors are blue/red/yellow and do light up a room. There is an on/off switch on the bottom so it can be turned off.

IMG_5237.jpg

They might be served in different order, this was just the order they were served in when we were on Valor this past May.

I bought one of them last December on the Glory.

The mugs were a purple tiki god, orange tiki cyclops, and green bamboo. They also had red, yellow, and green parrot mugs.

I don't remember how much they cost, but do know they weren't "Carnival "brand" if that makes a difference. They were for sale at the lido bars (Blue Iguana and Red Frog) when I went, but nowhere else.

I have found almost the exact same mugs on ebay. The god, cyclops, and bamboo. Theres very similar parrots as well.

I didn't realize the cordial glasses said Carnival on them, or I would have bought one each night! A waiter came by with a tray full of a different drink every evening in the MDR and I just thought they were shots. Bummer!

I didn't see any souvenir DOD glasses this cruise :( I melted my last one in the dishwasher (the one in my profile picture :cool:)

My bf is like killing for one of the tiki cups, he was so disappointed they didn't have any on the sensation. Does anyone know if they will have them or have had them on the sensation or is it only the larger ships also where can I get a disco ball cup??

all of our whaletail cups broke on the way home :(

(sorry to kinda cute in with questions)

My bf is like killing for one of the tiki cups, he was so disappointed they didn't have any on the sensation. Does anyone know if they will have them or have had them on the sensation or is it only the larger ships also where can I get a disco ball cup??

all of our whaletail cups broke on the way home :(

(sorry to kinda cute in with questions)

I'm pretty sure the tiki cups are only on the ships that have had the 2.0 upgrades. Valor hasn't had their upgrade yet, so they didn't have them when we were on our cruise this past May. I've seen pictures of them and I really want them and also the parrot cups they have. I think those are served in the new bars, Red Frog and Blue Iguana, which are added with the 2.0 upgrades. I've seen pictures posted (usually in reviews) of those two bars. I think they are actually ceramic, but I'm not sure.

They did have the disco ball cup on Valor and I think all other ships have them too. We got ours on the Lido deck. You can get them at the bars by the pools and they also have servers coming around with trays selling them. They come with a cup and straw, but underneath the cup there is a string with a small plug attached on the end in case you want to hang it up when you get home. Sorry about your whale tail cups - they still have those if you're thinking about replacing them.

I didn't realize the cordial glasses said Carnival on them, or I would have bought one each night! A waiter came by with a tray full of a different drink every evening in the MDR and I just thought they were shots. Bummer!

I didn't see any souvenir DOD glasses this cruise :( I melted my last one in the dishwasher (the one in my profile picture :cool:)

Oh no...I'd be bumming. Thanks for the heads up about the melting. I'll be sure to hand wash them and the others that are plastic. They did have the original souvenir glass the first day and we were told that they would always be available on the first day of a cruise with the "Funship Special" drink. The bartenders also told us that each day they had a different souvenir cup: coconut monkey, blowfish, disco ball and the whale tail.

I'm pretty sure the tiki cups are only on the ships that have had the 2.0 upgrades. Valor hasn't had their upgrade yet, so they didn't have them when we were on our cruise this past May. I've seen pictures of them and I really want them and also the parrot cups they have. I think those are served in the new bars, Red Frog and Blue Iguana, which are added with the 2.0 upgrades. I've seen pictures posted (usually in reviews) of those two bars. I think they are actually ceramic, but I'm not sure.

They did have the disco ball cup on Valor and I think all other ships have them too. We got ours on the Lido deck. You can get them at the bars by the pools and they also have servers coming around with trays selling them. They come with a cup and straw, but underneath the cup there is a string with a small plug attached on the end in case you want to hang it up when you get home. Sorry about your whale tail cups - they still have those if you're thinking about replacing them.

Thank you :)

so what drink is in the cups? and price if you know it....

are they on the Ecstasy? Thanks

The first one was the "Funship Special" (red hurricane glasses) and those were $7.75.

The coconut monkey came with the "Blue Margarita" and those were $14.95.

The blowfish cup had (I think???) a Coral Crush, it's listed as "Coral Crush Blowfish" (very, very good, a rum drink but don't know what all was in it) and that was $12.95.

The disco ball was listed as the "Rum Punch Fever Disco Ball" and that was $12.95. That drink was also very good. It tasted like a rum punch type drink (kind of like Funship Special, but with Pina Colada mix, again not sure).

The funnel cup is listed as "Funnel Cup w/Cocktail" and that was $10.95. It was a rum punch type drink also.

You can ask for anything you want to drink with the cups and I also saw them selling just the cup for cheaper to a couple with little kids who wanted the cups.

I would imagine that they would be served on the Ecstasy but hopefully someone who was just on can answer for sure.

I want that blowfish cup in the worst way. Hope it's on the Dream in February. :cool:

I'm sure it will be, it seems pretty popular! I ended up throwing ours away because they're so bulky, but they are fun to drink out of. I saved the plastic Carnival cups that were inside the blowfish, though. They're very nice cups! I've got 4 now and use them all the time!:)

HI all!

So glad I saw this thread I had no idea Carnival has such great glasses!

I was on my 1st Carnival cruise in April & only got the flashing shot glass & the other gold glass one.

Now when I go on Breeze in Nov you can be sure I'll be hunting down the blowfish, whale's tale, monkey & disco ball.

I came back from my 1st RCi cruise with 7 glasses & I don't usually drink!:o

Thanks so much!!

~ Jo ~ :)

The blowfish was the one I really wanted too, also the disco ball since I didn't have either from my previous cruises. I actually asked one of the bartenders on the Lido deck when we got on the ship if they still had them (yes) and when they'd be served and he told me "Tuesday" and it was on Tuesday.

Now it's my turn for a question. :) The red hurricane glasses and the coconut monkeys were both served with the "Drink of the Day", but the blowfish, disco ball and funnel cup weren't. On those days the DOD was served in regular glasses and the souvenir cups had other drinks. I really loved the drinks that came in the blowfish and the disco ball and was wondering if anyone would know what the recipes for those two drinks are. The drinks were (the blowfish) "Coral Crush Blowfish" and (the disco ball) "Rum Punch Fever Disco Ball".

Thanks!

IMG_5247.jpg

I really wish they would make one of these glasses with a red bottom. Would certainly make the Carnival Rainbow complete. I only got the blue and white ones, didn't like the other ones.

They come with a cup and straw, but underneath the cup there is a string with a small plug attached on the end in case you want to hang it up when you get home.

Thanks for the heads up on that! I've had one since Dec. and only found the string after I read your post. My son washed out the cup and never mentioned the string.

Attaching pictures of the cordial shot glasses. Again, there was a different one served each night. If you miss a night you could still get them. For the first four nights they had a different color each night (clear/white, green, blue, and yellow). On the 5th night of our cruise, they had the clear, plastic shot glass with the Carnival logo that lights up (on/off button on the bottom). The last two nights all were available. Also, if you miss a night, we were told that by Wednesday they'd have all colors available at the bar in the atrium. Here are the pics:

IMG_5247.jpg

The plastic, "flashing" shot glass. It's pretty cool and the colors are blue/red/yellow and do light up a room. There is an on/off switch on the bottom so it can be turned off.

IMG_5237.jpg

They might be served in different order, this was just the order they were served in when we were on Valor this past May.

I love all of these shot glasses! Will make great souvenirs! Hope that they are available on the Dream come October - anybody who's been on the Dream lately, can you tell me if you noticed whether or not they still had them

This may sound like a dumb question but what's a cordial? Is that like liquer? I'm not really into those - can anyone recommend something tasty? Or can I just buy these glasses as well?

We were on Carnival Valor this past

First Drink of the Day souvenir glass that the "Funship Special" comes in (day 1)

IMG_5244.jpg

All ships may not have these hurricane glasses. I was on two ships recently that did not. I believe they were Freedom and Liberty. Still get the Funship Special, or whatever drink of the day it is, only in a glass that will look like this:

574960_10151467579198958_891343658_n.jpg

No matter what type of glass they come in, all drinks are very tasty ;)

I love all of these shot glasses! Will make great souvenirs! Hope that they are available on the Dream come October - anybody who's been on the Dream lately, can you tell me if you noticed whether or not they still had them

This may sound like a dumb question but what's a cordial? Is that like liquer? I'm not really into those - can anyone recommend something tasty? Or can I just buy these glasses as well?

Not a dumb question, but yes, the cordial's are liquor. I remember the first night the cordial was a B52 (Kahlua, Bailey's Irish Cream and either Amaretto or Grand Marnier) and those are VERY good. If you don't want the liquor that comes with it, you can just buy the glass.

They come with a cup and straw, but underneath the cup there is a string with a small plug attached on the end in case you want to hang it up when you get home.

Thanks for the heads up on that! I've had one since Dec. and only found the string after I read your post. My son washed out the cup and never mentioned the string.

LOL!!! I didn't find mine until I got home and was washing the cups out. I was wondering what the heck that string was doing in there but then saw the little plug and realized what it is.

Archived