Liberty coming to Galveston November 2015!!

Hard to know who or what to believe these days....as we on the Galveston thread suspected, the Liberty is coming...so I guess the powers that be in Galveston weren't blowin smoke......:cool:

I was thinking the same thing. :D

Hard to know who or what to believe these days....as we on the Galveston thread suspected, the Liberty is coming...so I guess the powers that be in Galveston weren't blowin smoke......:cool:

It's official:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1095/royal-caribbean-announces-2015-16-deployment-for-new-york-and-galveston/

Since the dates and prices are not up yet on the RC web site, I called to check them. Right now they are HIGH for early December 2015. ($4,247.46 for 3 adults in a JS). The lady said the prices should come down when the new dates are added on the web site. She had no idea when that would happen though so I'll be checking every day. :D

BTW.....The itineraries are the same.

Edited by Ladysilver

:confused:Jealous or concerned about your waistline on a cruise ship:rolleyes:

We are thrilled that RCI knows the importance of Galveston as a port city and will be in position for the opening of the widened Panama Canal:D

Let me be the first to congratulate for an OUTSTANDING retort! :D

Now if we can just persuade Dave to bring down the horns one more time! :D :D

VR,

T Lex

Since the dates and prices are not up yet on the RC web site, I called to check them. Right now they are HIGH for early December 2015. ($4,247.46 for 3 adults in a JS). The lady said the prices should come down when the new dates are added on the web site. She had no idea when that would happen though so I'll be checking every day. :D

BTW.....The itineraries are the same.

I called and got a seriously high quote too! $4612 for 2 in a D2!) I'm hoping that they do come down! I'll be checking daily (hourly :p) as well!

What a waist for a great ship.

I didn't of course know what ship that RCCL would assign to Galveston, but it was recently announced that the Port of Galveston & RCCL had reached a 5 year agreement that included adding another terminal for their larger ships. So I expected a larger class ship to eventually reach Galveston.

Galveston stays busy w/ RCCL these days and this is a great way to keep the rates propped up by bringing in a larger class ship. I just hope the prices stay at the Mariner/Navigator rates.

Here's the whole announcement:

RCCL today announces a number of deployment updates with a number of ships being moved to new home ports.

As I had sent out a few days ago, the Navigator of the Seas will remain in Galveston for the summer of 2015 up to November 1st, 2015. Today we announced that the Liberty of the Seas, a Freedom Class vessel and larger will make her way to Galveston. On Novermber 1st, 2015, their will be a 12 night Bayone, NJ sailing to the Southern Caribbean and arriving into Galveston. That sail date is not yet open for sail but would be an excellent idea to look at your groups that want something different. Ports of call on the sailing are being finalized and should be open for sale in a few days. The Liberty will then do a 9 night sailing before returing to her popular 7 Night Western Caribbean sailngs.

We also announced today that the Quantum will venture to China as the Asia market is supporting now more ships than ever.

Please review grid on deployment and share with all staff and selling agents.

Summer 2015:

Quantum of the Seas departs Cape Liberty, NJ and sets sail to China

Liberty of the Seas will replace Quantum of the Seas in Cape Liberty, NJ

Anthem of the Seas will debut in the UK sailing a variety of European itineraries

Navigator of the Seas will continue to sail Western Caribbean itineraries from Galveston, Texas

Winter 2015/2016

Anthem of the Seas will make her US debut in Cape Liberty, NJ, replacing Liberty of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas will reposition from Cape Liberty, NJ to Galveston, TX (taking the place of Navigator of the Seas)

Navigator of the Seas will begin home porting from Fort Lauderdale, FL sailing 6/8-Night Caribbean itineraries

Quantum of the Seas will continue its China offerings

Edited by CGBCruiser

We will be on the NOS next week. I wonder if we can do a Next Cruise (or whatever it is called now) on the LOS in 2015 if the dates aren't set.

And I'm going to pretend I didn't see the JS for $500 pp mentioned above! It hurts!! :)

And I'm going to pretend I didn't see the JS for $500 pp mentioned above! It hurts!! :)

Doesn't it?!?!?!? I can't wait until I can cruise in May and October. My son is in the 8th grade.

4 more years...4 more years...:p

We will be on the NOS next week. I wonder if we can do a Next Cruise (or whatever it is called now) on the LOS in 2015 if the dates aren't set.

You should be able to book while on your cruise next week. When I was on the phone today asking about dates and prices for Dec 2015, the lady asked if I was ready to book. You just can't see anything on the web site yet. :)

Sign up early! With Open Bookings being worth so little now, I thought the LA was busier than ever. I think there were quite a few people who would have liked to book a cruise, but all the slots were full.

Perhaps they are trying to make up for the lost revenue on the incredibly low rates for the 5/25/14 cruise:p

We snagged a JS for less than $500 pp:D

So did we!!!! Wasn't that just an amazing sale????? For my sister and I, it was cheaper than 4 to 5 days in Las Vegas!!!

Barb