HAL App for Alaska Cruises and Land & Sea Journeys

Alberta Quilter

SEATTLE, April 20, 2015 /CNW/ -- Holland America Line has made it easier and more convenient for travelers to tap and swipe their way through the line's Alaska cruises and Land+Sea Journeys with the launch of a new application for tablets. Those using an Apple, Android or Windows tablet can search key words such as "Holland America Alaska" in their respective app store and download the application for free.

SF88951LOGO

"Today's consumer wants to have a thorough understanding of the travel experience before they book, and technology is essential in helping vacationers choose the right fit," said Orlando Ashford, president of Holland America Line. "Our new app makes it easy for anyone to get an inside look into Holland America Line's Alaska options anytime, anywhere."

The app is optimized for tablets and offers the best of Holland America Line's Alaska brochure, web site and other collateral in an easy-to-navigate mobile tool. Users can explore both cruises and Land+Sea Journeys with a new level of detail, including an interactive map with destination details and excursion options, as well as a sampling of the line's Glacier Bay podcasts.

Users can post, share or print information. For those without a tablet, there is also a "desktop viewer" that offers the same rich content with mouse-click navigation.

Through the app, Holland America Line Alaska cruises and Land+Sea Journeys itineraries are available "on the go." The app can be used to electronically view different itinerary options and route maps and to personalize travel plans. Once a day-by-day itinerary is finalized, a pdf flyer to email can be created with the swipe of a finger.

I'm hoping for some more feedback on this app. Does it offer anything beyond what is already available online? Is it just a sampler as it says about the Glacier Bay podcasts......

... the HAL App will not work on my Kindle Fire, so I am unable to provide feedback at this time ...

R

I'm hoping for some more feedback on this app. Does it offer anything beyond what is already available online? Is it just a sampler as it says about the Glacier Bay podcasts......

I downloaded it yesterday and while it is quite slick with some great pictures, I don't think it offers anything new. Looks to me like their usual on-line brochure. I'm probably going to delete it.

I downloaded it yesterday and while it is quite slick with some great pictures, I don't think it offers anything new. Looks to me like their usual on-line brochure. I'm probably going to delete it.

Me too.

:(

Will it work with an iPhone? I do not see it in the App store

I think it was only intended for tablets. It didn't download to my iPhone after downloading it to my iPad.

Maybe, if you're looking only at iPhone apps, that's why it won't show in the App store. I did look for it last night and I did find it, in the App store, for the iPad.