Land & Sea (Universal Studios and RCI)

I was not aware that is available. That being said, I would still schedule things on my own. We did that for two days pre-cruise next week.

Visiting Universal then getting on the ship! :D

I arranged it my self last year my self was easier as I could choose my motel I took the Rosen inn at point Orlando same price as the new cabana hotel at universal but I was able to do 3 days in Disney and 3 in universal I did it post cruise as I had 2 sea days before I got back to port canaveral so it was chill and rest time

Thanks for the feedback! Curious why you wouldn't book through RCI? I mean, I booked everything through RCI for my upcoming cruise (airfare, transfers, excursions), and I understand that I could have saved money and would have a more personalized experience if I planned things on my own. I like the ease of just showing up at the airport and not worrying about anything after that. I suppose even if I booked this package through RCI, I would still need to plan the days at Universal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ONE review I've read of someone who did the package (cannot remember if it was here on on disney-related boards with a thriving and informative Universal forum (description is to explain why someone would write the review on a Disney-based forum!)) said the transportation was AWFUL. No one knew what they were talking about or doing, they missed shuttles, etc.

Before choosing to go this route, look at booking it a la carte. I book for Universal through the Loews hotel website, because we stay ONsite at Universal. The perks are terrific for staying onsite, especially at the deluxe hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portofino Bay). Those hotels include Early Entrance to Wizarding World AND unlimited Express Pass (which covers almost all the rides at the parks. [does not include Pteranodon Flyers, but that ride requires a child both tall and short enough to ride it, Kang&Kong's Twirl&Hurl, Ollivander's shows, Gringott's, or (for now) Forbidden Journey]

If you stay at a non deluxe, Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls, those include Early Entrance.

We have Annual Passes now that we keep, but when we bought tickets for the first two trips we bought through authorized vendors that sell for cheaper than directly through Universal.

When we cruised Royal after a Uni stay we used a towncar service. We have since discovered the ease of a car rental to get to Canaveral, so we tend to go that route instead. You could get yourself to the airport and catch the Royal shuttle from there (MCO); it's about $35 per person each way.

I would price it all out, just what you want, including the cruise. We like to use a big box store TA, personally. But go through Royal directly if you wish.

And THEN call the land/sea RCI group, and compare!

Aww man stay away from cabana Bay, me and my husband work for the same company with valet. He works at royal pacific which is beautiful and I work out by disney. But with all the construction going on at cabana Bay that place is a nightmare. If you did it on your own it would be so much cheaper. I mean shoot why not uber to the port from the hotel? You could walk to Universal it's so close when you go there

I have done this package twice, back in October and 4 years prior.

First time stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at DoubleTree near Universal Orlando main entrance (easy walking distance) and the last time stayed 4 nights pre-cruise at Universal's Cabana Bay Resort.

There was a small cost savings both times when pricing everything on my own for comparison, think I looked at it like getting a free transfer. I see they now offer a 2 Night package (before it was 3 or 4 Nights only)

In your cruise eDocs will be vouchers that need to be printed. The vouchers are for your Hotel, Universal Orlando Park to Park Ticket (redeem voucher at box office for Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure, Transfer from airport to hotel (you will need to contact Quick Transportation with your flight info and give voucher to driver when you arrive), *Transfer from Hotel to Pier, and Transfer from Pier to Airport following cruise.

*Transfer from Hotel to Pier is THE main reason why I book this package, and yes I have had some minor issues with the directions provided to get this transportation. The eDocs will tell you to ask for the "Welcome Letter" for Royal Caribbean when you arrive at the hotel regarding transfer from hotel to pier. First time was a generic letter with multiple hotels and bus arrival time windows. Bus was late, and arrived while I was on hold with Day of Air Travel to make sure bus was coming to pick me up. Letter said to go the Convention Center Lobby to wait for bus when bus driver told me he stops at the Main Lobby entrance as there is more space around bus. He only stopped because he saw me waiting outside. We then picked up a family of 4 at the Hard Rock, then went to the airport to fill the rest of the bus before going to the pier.

Last time I was told they hadn't received the "welcome letter" yet and that the bus would pick me up at the Bus Stop at Cabana Bay (arrive driveway, other side of lobby). Day before cruise I checked again and they received an email with the "welcome letter" which had my specific ship and sailing date, and mentioned Motor Coach. What they failed to mention was that I would be picked up by a Town Car at the Lobby Entrance. Although the driver saw me (only one) waiting with luggage at the Bus Stop, he didn't stop to ask me if I was his fare. Found this out later when I contacted Day of Travel phone number 45 minutes after scheduled pickup window ended. This is something new Royal Caribbean was trying instead of sending Motor Coaches to hotels to pick up smaller parties. The owner of the transportation company came and took me to the pier in his town car.

I would still recommend this package. Have the Day of Travel phone number handy. Perhaps give them a call to confirm the meeting spot.

Aww man stay away from cabana Bay, me and my husband work for the same company with valet. He works at royal pacific which is beautiful and I work out by disney. But with all the construction going on at cabana Bay that place is a nightmare. If you did it on your own it would be so much cheaper. I mean shoot why not uber to the port from the hotel? You could walk to Universal it's so close when you go there

There was jack hammering early morning a couple days while I stayed at Cabana Bay from the construction site adjoining the hotel for the new Volcano Bay water park. The Sapphire Falls Resort under construction across the street seemed to be coming along nicely and scheduled to open this summer.

Royal Pacific costs more, but is a nice hotel. I've stayed there several times, booked separately. Last time was post cruise about 5 years ago. I took the Royal Caribbean booked transfer bus from the pier to the airport, walked inside and got my voucher for Mears Transportation, then walked right back outside past the bus to the Mears waiting area. Saved money.