New KIDS SAIL FREE Promotion

As of yesterday, Royal Caribbean is offering another Kids Sail Free promotion. Below are the details. I know I have saved several thousand dollars on a few cruises with these types of sales, including one we are going on in a month, with our three kids, on Liberty.

As a helpful tip, the best way to save money with this if you have four kids or less is to book a Family stateroom. They are much bigger than ordinary staterooms and can sleep up to six usually (they usually have a bunk bed, pull out couch, etc.) Good luck and make sure to take advantage of this if you have kids!

Royal Caribbean cruises booked between August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 12:00 AM EST on sailings departing on or after September 1, 2017 are valid for this promotion (excluding China departures).

The deal includes

• 50% off cruise fare of second guest who must be booked in the same stateroom as a first guest who books at full fare,
  • 25% cruise fare savings for 3rd guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests
  • Kids Sail Free offer
    • Free cruise fare of third and higher guests who are 12 years or younger as of cruise departure date, booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualifying guests in a triple or quad occupancy stateroom
    • Kids Sail Free offer is valid on 4–night or longer Europe, Bahamas, and Caribbean Sailings departing September 1, 2017 – May 15, 2018 excluding holiday sailings departing November 17, 2017-November 27, 2017, December 17, 2017–January 8, 2018, February 15, 2018-February 20, 2018 and March 10, 2018 - April 1, 2018.

[*]Deck the Holidays offer

• Valid on sailings departing from December 19, 2017 through December 31, 2017 and December 18, 2018 through December 31, 2018
    • Instant savings determined by category booked and sailing length
      • $25 off per stateroom for interior and oceanview on sailings 5 nights or less
      • $50 off per stateroom for balconies and suites on sailings 5 nights and less
      • $50 off per stateroom for interior and oceanview on sailings 6 nights and longer
      • $75 off per stateroom for balconies and $100 off for suites on sailings 6 nights or longer

BOGO does not apply to third and higher occupancy guests. BOGO and Kids Sail Free Offers are combinable with NRDB OBC, promotional OBCs and instant savings, NextCruise offers, restricted discounts (for example, Senior, Resident, Military), Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Deck the Holidays sale is combinable with NextCruise offers, NRDB OBC, and restricted discounts (for example, Senior, Resident, Military) but is not combinable with Shareholder benefits and Crown and Anchor discounts. All offers are not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, Net Rates.

Offer available to residents of United States and Canada.

I'm not sure RCL is the right cruise line for you............

I hear there are actually lines out there that do not allow kids. Maybe try one of them?

Yep, Some of the kids I have seen are better behaved than many of the adults! I actually won't sail on Carnival though because of too many screaming kids on my one carnival cruise 18+ years ago. Holland America may be good for the poster, or perhaps even certain Princess cruises. I once had an Alaska reservation cancelled on me as there were supposedly too many 9 years old booked . Ironically, every summer date I inquired about for a princess Alaskan cruise was filled to capacity with the desired number of kids. Seems a bit weird... my money will stay with rccl and celebrity

"Royal Caribbean cruises booked between August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 12:00 AM EST on sailings departing on or after September 1, 2017 are valid for this promotion (excluding China departures)."

The details on the Kids Free offer says August 4 - August 7 (12:00AM) which I interpret as midnight tonight. Are you sure about Aug 1 - 31?

UPDATE: I called RCI: Benjamin from RCI said August 31.

Edited by ZambiniGold
More info

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for posting. I missed out on this sale because it ended Aug 31st and I didn't realize that. I was pricing out the cruise for 2 adults and 1 child. However, I was on the fence because I have been sailing with Royal for years but I don't quite understand rules around the refundable and non refundable deposit. I was looking at cruises that were 8 months out and just could not swallow the non refundable deposit of $750. So I am thinking about waiting until I see a better deal or I closer to the sailing date.

So my question is do you know when Royal will do the kids sail free again? Do they typically do the kids sail free at certain times of the year?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for posting. I missed out on this sale because it ended Aug 31st and I didn't realize that. I was pricing out the cruise for 2 adults and 1 child. However, I was on the fence because I have been sailing with Royal for years but I don't quite understand rules around the refundable and non refundable deposit. I was looking at cruises that were 8 months out and just could not swallow the non refundable deposit of $750. So I am thinking about waiting until I see a better deal or I closer to the sailing date.

So my question is do you know when Royal will do the kids sail free again? Do they typically do the kids sail free at certain times of the year?

Thank you!

See above:

crystal_ball.jpg

It stinks it is only for cruise through May 2018. This would have really helped me with our alaska cruise in July 2018 since we have our son with us. I am trying how to upgrade without breaking the bank.

Kids Sail Free will likely never be applicable for a July sailing. It generally is offered for off-peak sailings.

It also was not offered on Alaskan sailings.