medallion.net for entire cruise?

luckyinpa

personalizer says once on board its 10 per day unlimited internet. it doesnt say if you can buy daily or must buy the entire cruise. and there's no fine print to even read.

so whats the scoop?

Recently on the Regal. My "status" did not qualify for unlimited. "Buy the day'" came with a $9.99 fee. The clock started at the time of purchase, not tied to calendar days. So when purchased noon Monday, had access until noon Tuesday. No requirement to purchase every day.

Also, simply staying signed in to Medallion Net (and airplane mode) offered numerous useful features, no Internet purchase required. Hope this helps. Happy sailing!

Recently on the Regal. My "status" did not qualify for unlimited. "Buy the day'" came with a $9.99 fee. The clock started at the time of purchase, not tied to calendar days. So when purchased noon Monday, had access until noon Tuesday. No requirement to purchase every day.

Also, simply staying signed in to Medallion Net (and airplane mode) offered numerous useful features, no Internet purchase required. Hope this helps. Happy sailing!

the 24 hour period vs the 'calendar' charge is exactly what i was looking for. thanks! also great to know you dont have to buy all the cruise.

i was just on regal with no internet 2 months ago and did find the free app pretty well organized.

You'll also get free messaging through FB, Whatsapp, and iMessage even if you don't buy the Medallion Net through Ocean Concierge. We got everything free because we are Elite, but I thought it was cool that everyone could at least be able to message others.

You'll also get free messaging through FB, Whatsapp, and iMessage even if you don't buy the Medallion Net through Ocean Concierge. We got everything free because we are Elite, but I thought it was cool that everyone could at least be able to message others.

Was the internet fast?

Was the internet fast?

It was pretty much like our Wifi at home. Very fast. The only place where the strength was lower was when I was on the balcony but cracking the door open helped that. It definitely is different cruising being able to leave the wifi on and always able to check the web, email, Cruise Critic, FB, etc.

Uhhhhh......no. It is a certain package of minutes, depending on the length of the cruise.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

Several threads mention that they are offering free unlimited internet to platinum and elite passengers on the Regal due to the failure of Ocean Medallion.

Uhhhhh......no. It is a certain package of minutes, depending on the length of the cruise.

It's free unlimited Wifi for Platinum and Elite and this perk is only offered on the Regal for now. We heard conflicting information as to how long it would be free but hopefully this experiment that will stick. I also hope Medallion Net will be rolled out on the other ships soon. It's fantastic.

Here's the full text from the email that Princess sent prior to our December 10th cruise on the Regal - I had forgotten that to use the free messaging without Wifi you had to do it through the Social Ocean app which you really don't need if you purchase or get Wifi for free:

Message those on board and beyond for free

During your upcoming Ocean Preview cruise, you'll be able to enjoy free text messaging using the apps you, your family and your friends already enjoy. Before you depart, make sure your entire group has WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or WeChat. Or if you and your circle all have iPhones, simply use iMessage. As an option, you can also download the SocialOcean™ app to even better enable your experience, and you're all set to connect with friends and family while at sea!

Because of your loyalty status, experience the best Wi-Fi at sea for free* on your upcoming cruise.

*one device at a time perguest.

DOWNLOAD BEFORE YOU SAIL!

STEP 1

spacer.gif

Download your group's

preferred messaging app,

if you don't already have itspacer.gif

spacer.gif

WhatsApp (preferred)

WeChat

Facebook Messenger

STEP 2

Download the

SocialOcean app

Enjoy MedallionNet Wi-Fi. Fast. Reliable. Affordable.

It was pretty much like our Wifi at home. Very fast. The only place where the strength was lower was when I was on the balcony but cracking the door open helped that. It definitely is different cruising being able to leave the wifi on and always able to check the web, email, Cruise Critic, FB, etc.

Thank goodness! Our internet on the Coral earlier this month caused us to use about 700 minutes OVER our 250 minutes each which was allowed because of Elite benefits. ($$$) We are trying to use our minutes to help us run a sometime business while cruising is why we use so many minutes. However, it was so slow that we could log on to a website, then use the restroom, then come back and hope the website was up or log on to a website, watch a long something on TV and hope we would be on the desired website, or run up to get a piece of pizza and still not be on the website we wanted. Hubby spoke to the internet manager and he said our speed was average and adequate for the Coral. Our opinion, internet has NEVER been that slow in 17 cruises. Going on Regal in a couple of weeks and hope it to bee better. Thank you for the encouragement.

We were on the Regal 12/3-10. We were Platinum at the time (now Elite - Yay!). We had free internet the entire cruise. I think it's because the Ocean Medallion is not fully up and running yet. We were supposed to have it on our cruise and didn't. We were disappointed, but compensated - which is always nice.

We're on the Regal again in March and hoping for free internet again. We hardly use our 500 minutes (250/each) but if it's free we found ourselves using it more. And, it was pretty fast.

Diann and George

i should note that i'm a lowly peon with no status on princess and there are literally no packages of internet/ to buy on my personalizer.

just says buy 9.99 internet on board. thats it