AARP Gift Cards

momofbcd

Okay, I’ve been debating on buying Carnival gift cards from the AARP website. I just do not want to be scammed and loose my hard earned vacation money. Has anyone had any problems/issues when buying the cards from their website. If I choose to do so I will most likely make sure I can get an e-gift card so I don’t have to wait on the snail mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bought Carnival egift cards from AARP & used them though my TA. Everything went very smoothly & quickly. I also bought extra ecards & bought cruise cash for expenses like gratuities & VISA's (for Cuba) through Carnival. I was very satisfied & saved quite a bit on money. I wish RCC was as easy. I would do it again in a heartbeat with Carnival.

I’ve bought thousands worth without issue ( both physical and e-card types).

Your risk of losing your hard earned vacation money is extremely low. There have been reports of burps but few (if any) reports of total loss through AARP.

I have been buying them for well over a year from the AARP Rewards for Good program. I have bought both physical cards and e-cards.

Never had a problem buying, receiving, or using them to pay for cruises, excursions, Fun Shop purchases, or applying them to my S&S account.

100's of thousands of people buy the gift cards through AARP. I've bought dozens of cards from them and never an issue. Only issue i've ever heard is when you select standard mail delivery they can sometimes take a couple weeks or more to get delivered. I only buy email delivery anymore and you get them instantly.

I've purchased quite a few of the gift cards, in both denominations, both snail mail and e-cards without any problems. I also have purchased a number of them through Verizon's old rewards program which was run by the same third party company that runs AARP's reward program - no problems then either. I will say the delivery time on the snail mail cards is kind of disappointing (usually around 10 calendar days) but I've never not received them or found them to be invalid.

I've been having trouble with the AARP rewards site this week and was finally able to pay the pre-paid gratuities (let's not go there) and the kids' Bubbles package. Not sure what it was but I could do everything but select the complete order button. I had all the fields filled out correctly and tried every browser. Just wouldn't let me complete an order until today.

Also worth noting - you don’t have to be a senior to join AARP! You can be any age and still get access to the discounts for dining, travel, etc.

This. I'm saving $50 at our pre-cruise hotel through the $12 a year AARP membership I started when I was 40. I easily pay the fee with hotel savings each year. Usually its at least $200 or more savings on hotels.

The only potential problem is if you have to cancel your cruise and you get your money back, you get it back in carnival gift cards. We have a suite on an upcoming panama canal cruise that is pretty expensive. I didn't want to pay for the entire cruise in gift cards because it is the equivalent of at least 2 normal cruises for us. That is way too long for my money to be tied up in gift cards (and there is a decent chance I have to cancel or the cruise cancels because it is in hurricane season). Also, make sure as you are using them, your balance is going down. I noticed that my cruise wasn't as paid off as I thought it was and it was because a batch of 4 100 dollar cards didn't go through on the carnival site. It might have been user error on my end because the cards worked just fine when I re-entered them.

This. I'm saving $50 at our pre-cruise hotel through the $12 a year AARP membership I started when I was 40. I easily pay the fee with hotel savings each year. Usually its at least $200 or more savings on hotels.

I just joined. I wish I had known sooner! I’m only 36 but I feel like I’ve been missing out for years assuming I had to be over 55 or 65!

Okay, I’ve been debating on buying Carnival gift cards from the AARP website. I just do not want to be scammed and loose my hard earned vacation money. Has anyone had any problems/issues when buying the cards from their website. If I choose to do so I will most likely make sure I can get an e-gift card so I don’t have to wait on the snail mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! My mom and I just purchased a total of $2,400 in CC e-gift cards from AARP Rewards for Good (on Friday). I received them immediately and applied them to my cruise booking. It’s the second time I’ve used the program; the first time we used snail mail and had no issues.

I've paid off all my cruises and excursions with AARP gift cards. No problem. Now I get the email cards, and use them right away. I never had a problem with the snail mail cards either.

I've been having trouble with the AARP rewards site this week and was finally able to pay the pre-paid gratuities (let's not go there) and the kids' Bubbles package. Not sure what it was but I could do everything but select the complete order button. I had all the fields filled out correctly and tried every browser. Just wouldn't let me complete an order until today.

I have been having the same issue today also,