A Great Attitude in a BAD Situation

nps001

It's Christmas Eve, and here I am browsing the CC boards.

I have posted several times suggesting future cruisers enjoy their cruise, and don't board the ship looking for "frayed sofas, surly staff, bad food, etc". I thought I did an admirable job of remaining positive and looking at the glass as being half full, even in not the best of situations. Reading this humbled me. If I had this same experience, there is NO way that I would have been as upbeat.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=679082

Happy Holidays to all of you.

Thanks for the heads up. I also would never have come across this review.

If you are reading this and have not read the Original Poster's mentioned review, you should. It is full of one-liners that will have you laughing and shaking your head in disbelief! Look for the glass bottomed boat reference...:D

I'm going to be taking the Infinity in March and so had been following the happenings of the Dream since the Infinity was the ship that had been blocked in. Obviously people on the Dream were NOT happy. But reading a review like this...wow...I laughed and couldn't help but feel that we can choose to be miserable or we can make the best of a bad situation.

This passenger found humor and brought it to all of us to read. I wouldn't have found this review on my own since I'm not sailing NCL, so thank you for linking it to us. But it really is good reading and Sailor Jack is the type we all would love to be sailing with.

Cathy

O M G!!! I laughed so hard, I was gasping for breath as I made an emergency run to the potty. Thanks so much for this Christmas gift of laughter. My endorphins are sky high!

Spearmint is right--I cruise RCCL and X and would never seen this without the link. I posted on the NCL thread that the writer should try out to replace the writers on strike for the late night talk shows.

Merry Christmas everyone! Laughter IS the best medicine. :D

What a wonderful 'gift of gab' - this is a fine story teller with a wonderful attitude and a delightful sense of humor. We, too, laughed til we cried. Wouldn't you like to cruise with a ship full of folks with attitudes like his. I recommend it for required reading by all who cruise! Thanks, SailorJack and to the OP for posting.

It's Christmas Eve, and here I am browsing the CC boards.

I have posted several times suggesting future cruisers enjoy their cruise, and don't board the ship looking for "frayed sofas, surly staff, bad food, etc". I thought I did an admirable job of remaining positive and looking at the glass as being half full, even in not the best of situations. Reading this humbled me. If I had this same experience, there is NO way that I would have been as upbeat.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=679082

Happy Holidays to all of you.

Thanks for linking to this! I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Hi, another THANK YOU for posting the link. And a BIG

THANK YOU Sailor Jack for posting the review and sharing it

with all of us.:)

I wish all of us could see things through those eyes.....sure makes

things alot more pleasurable,.....and what a writing style.

I think this review should win something....FIRST PRIZE:D

Oh, I want to be at their dinner table too!!!:)

Hello all you good people on this thread. I've never been this way before. I usually read on NCL and RCCL.

Wasn't SailorJack wonderful? Some of you who are positive people might enjoy our "Sunshine Cruisers" thread. Come join us. Cathi has a wonderful website that accompanies it. We want to show the whiners that we're in the majority. Cruisers from all lines are welcome.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=676326

Happy New Year!

Ah, Lois, I'm surprised you're missing the other big point here -- even ships that DON'T have a "known problem" can face disastrous cruises. Cruising really is a crap shoot. Isn't it? :p

Drew, I never made a comment about problems:eek: :confused:

I complimented the writer.....not sure what is going on......

Archived