Ultimate Balcony Dining

Doncin

Just a clarification: You can have this dinner on port days (we did leaving St. Maarten).

How much do you guys usually tip for this amazing experience?? I've heard it's well worth it! DH and I will also be celebrating our anniversary so I think we'll have to book this! Will they do it on a formal night?? I can't stand dressing up so this will be GREAT! We can have lobster right?

How much do you guys usually tip for this amazing experience?? I've heard it's well worth it! DH and I will also be celebrating our anniversary so I think we'll have to book this! Will they do it on a formal night?? I can't stand dressing up so this will be GREAT! We can have lobster right?

$10-$20 each, there are usually 2 servers. :)

Yes they will do it on formal night.

Yes they have surf/turf.

We are sailing Emerald on 2/24 and also planned to celebrate with the balcony dining. But I'm allergic to shellfish. Do you know if they provide an alternative? Maybe more "turf"? Who would I talk to about arranging it?

I'm SURE they'd give you pretty much anything you'd like. If you have regular dining if you tell your server on the first night that you're allergic they'll watch out for it I'm sure!

Was just looking at our menu from the UBD and you can get lobster, fillet or both. The fillet was the biggest one I have seen in a long time and excellant. But even better was that salad - Mesculun greens with pear, walnuts (semi candied) and aged balsamic vinaigrette. It was the best salad I have EVER had. Well worth the price. The breakfast is also great - we don't like smoked salmon so DH ordered an omlet and I had eggs benedict. Then they brought everything else.

Was just looking at our menu from the UBD and you can get lobster, fillet or both. The fillet was the biggest one I have seen in a long time and excellant. But even better was that salad - Mesculun greens with pear, walnuts (semi candied) and aged balsamic vinaigrette. It was the best salad I have EVER had. Well worth the price. The breakfast is also great - we don't like smoked salmon so DH ordered an omlet and I had eggs benedict. Then they brought everything else.

Can you order eggs benedict for breakfast regularly? Or is that a special breakfast thing you did??

We are fairly new to princess also (well, haven't sailed on this line since '02, but can answer anything you might want to know re: rccl ; )

Am I right in understanding you can only book this once during a cruise (that would seem fair). If your balcony can accomimdate this...can you book this for 4 and....What is the charge? We are on CB. Thanks! I feel like a newbee again

Can you order eggs benedict for breakfast regularly? Or is that a special breakfast thing you did??

This was the ultimate balcony breakfast - but they usually had eggs benedict at the buffet and in the dining room to order. Someone also said they ordered a hot breakfast regularily on Diamond after our cruise - we just never tried that.

I don't think there was a limit on how many times you can do this. Our waiter said they had not had many requests for the dinner on our cruise. The dinner was $50.00 per person and the breakfast was $28.00 for 2. Well worth it IMO.

Re, Tip: We tipped $20pp, becauase our server was fantastic and very accomidating.

Re, formal night: They do have them on formal nights, yes.

Re, food off menu: When we called, I specified my wife did not eat red meat and did not much like lobster, but adores crab. They were very accomidating and gave her entirely too many crab legs to eat! So, yes, you can substitute food but you must let them know when you make your reservation.

The only complaint I had was it was entirely too much food. Between the free drinks, bottle of champaigne, app's, salad, bread, etc. there is no way either of us could eat it all. We actually were tired of eating halfway through the main course! But, pace yourself and all will be well.

This is a great experience and we will do this on our next cruise in a month or so.

We are fairly new to princess also (well, haven't sailed on this line since '02, but can answer anything you might want to know re: rccl ; )

Am I right in understanding you can only book this once during a cruise (that would seem fair). If your balcony can accomimdate this...can you book this for 4 and....What is the charge? We are on CB. Thanks! I feel like a newbee again

You can do this as often as you can schedule it/afford it and for as many persons as you want.

We have hosted the UBD for 8 on the balcony of an aft suite. The charge is $50pp.

Enjoy!

Mike:)

To answer the question of port or sea days, we had the Ultimate Breakfast while in port in Honolulu. We got there at 6a.m. and by 7a.m. we had the breakfast.

In alaska if it is too cold to sit outside there is a coffee table in the room and they will place it there. Now that was in a mini-suite but I assume you could also have it in a balcony or ther kind of room. Hey if you have to just sit on the bed and enjoy the food. it is fabulous.

Marilyn

You can book as many times as your heart and wallet desire.

Archived