Ultimate Balcony Dining

Doncin

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get reservations on Crown sailings. We will not get on the ship until late in the day on embarkation day and I want to make sure that I can get either breakfast or dinner for our cruise.

Thanks,

Vicki

Does anyone know how difficult it will be to get reservations on Crown sailings. We will not get on the ship until late in the day on embarkation day and I want to make sure that I can get either breakfast or dinner for our cruise.

Thanks,

Vicki

You will be fine just call the D.I.N.E line ASAP after boarding form your cabin phone. :)

My wife and I just got off the Crown last week. A balcony dinner is well worth the extra cash. You receive wonderful service right on your stateroom balcony- the whole experience is just awesome

We had Halil- the Room Service Manager prepare our dinner- he did just a fabulous job- we wound up tipping him an additional 20.00

For the cost of the dinner you receive

A half bottle of Moet Chandon

A Cocktail

Flowers

A picture

and the meal

Which is the surf and turf, a salad, appetizers (including caviar) a crab cake and dessert.

It is just awesome

I highly recomend it

This is our first Princess cruise and the Ultimate Balcony Dining sounds wonderful. I have a few questions that I hope someone will be able to answer. We will be sailing in February on Coral to the Panama Canal. Is the Mini-Suite Balcony large enough to accomodate 4 people for dinner.? Also, do you actually eat on the balcony? The ship will be moving when we will be having dinner so my concern is the wind. Isn't it too windy when the ship sails to have dinner on the balcony.

Thank you in advance for the information.:)

You will be fine just call the D.I.N.E line ASAP after boarding form your cabin phone. :)

Is there a reservations table set up when you board or do they only take the reservations via phone? This is the one "must do" thing my wife and I want to do on the cruise.

I can't answer your question about wind, but I know when my husband and I had a minisuite on the Tahitian Princess, the two of us on the balcony was a very tight fit (and we are both small)-- a table for 2 took up the majority of our balcony. Does anybody know if Coral mini-suite balconies are significantly larger?

I think Alaska in September would be so cold outside your meal would be nearly frozen by the time you ate it.

[COLOR=blue]I have heard of people ordering the UBD and they don't have a balcony. I even heard some who had the table set up in an out of the way place somewhere on the ship for larger groups. For the dinner they bring in a bigger table and chairs and use the little table on the balcony to set the apps and the champagne. I don't see why 4 could not fit - we had the mini with the larger aft balcony. Our dinner began at 6:30 just as the sun was setting on our way back from Hawaii and it was perfect. The wind was not a problem (and it was windy). The waiter said they usually put the table next to the railing but we just moved it in a little and were fine. IMHO this is so worth the cost - both the breakfast (can order omlets and eggs benedict too) and the dinner. You can order the breakfast on the Princess website - under the "gifts" section. Then the card will be waiting in your room and you call and schedule when and what you want.[/COLOR]

For non-drinkers, what do you suppose they will bring or do in lieu of the wine? We are planning to do the UBD for our anniversary in April, but Im not sure what to even suggest for them to bring instead or wine...maybe chocolate covered strawberries or an extra photo??? Any suggestions? Thanks!

[quote name='M&MCruisin']For non-drinkers, what do you suppose they will bring or do in lieu of the wine? We are planning to do the UBD for our anniversary in April, but Im not sure what to even suggest for them to bring instead or wine...maybe chocolate covered strawberries or an extra photo??? Any suggestions? Thanks![/quote]

They are pretty accomodating, we traded the champagne for Asti so just tell them what you want when they call to confirm your food choices. :)

A little more detail on this UBD? Some of us readers have not heard of it ... hmmmm :rolleyes: ... maybe that's what we had on our Alaska cruise while cruising the glaciers on morning (but I think it was called something else).

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']They are pretty accomodating, we traded the champagne for Asti so just tell them what you want when they call to confirm your food choices. :)[/QUOTE]

OOOHHH! Good thinking! I LOVE Asti!

Archived