New Passport Thread

Merion_Mom

The title is a deliberate double entendre.

This is going to be a new thread about passports, and it's going to be a thread about new passports. :)

I invite everyone to post RECENT experiences in getting a brand new passport, or a renewed passport.

On Thursday, January 31, I placed my renewal application in the mail.

On Saturday, February 16, I received my new passport.

Including transit time in both directions, that is just SIXTEEN DAYS.

did all of you expedite them or just the regular? i've never gotten one and need one for JUNE 1st. my best friend told me that i should expedite it and say i need it by mid may....then someone else told me similar to what i'm reading here that it only took 3 weeks!

did all of you expedite them or just the regular? i've never gotten one and need one for JUNE 1st. my best friend told me that i should expedite it and say i need it by mid may....then someone else told me similar to what i'm reading here that it only took 3 weeks!

based on what they're saying, i wouldn't bother expediting. I'm getting mine on Monday morning, I hope it's as quick as all these :D

We did not expedite.

Our family of 3 applied for our new passports in January. DH and DS had their passports and birth certificates back in exactly 1 week. Mine birth certificate came the next day and two days later my passport came. None of these were expedited. I had called when I didn't receive my passport and was told that some were being sent to a third party processing company for printing, which is what happened with mine. I originally thought it had something to do with the fact that I work for the federal government and have a special clearance, but they assured me that had nothing to do with it.

This is going to be a new thread about passports, and it's going to be a thread about new passports. :)

I invite everyone to post RECENT experiences in getting a brand new passport, or a renewed passport.

You got mail on a Saturday?:D

Took daughter's passport app in to post office Friday after Thanksgiving - website indicated it was back in mail to us 5 business days later. Did the pictures ourselves at home, no problems whatsoever.

Howard

Oh, and I had to know the cities of birth of my parents and their exact birthdates! Judging from the questions, if your parents were born outside the US, it may take a little longer as they will have somethings to verify. Luckily, my mom was born in the US, because my Dad was actually born in Canada when my Grandfather was up there working during The Depression.

Does anyone have a copy of the application to post? It might help some gather the information before going.

WOW!!! It took mine a month and a half to arrive... and that was with an expedited mailing price!!!!

Oh, and I had to know the cities of birth of my parents and their exact birthdates! Judging from the questions, if your parents were born outside the US, it may take a little longer as they will have somethings to verify. Luckily, my mom was born in the US, because my Dad was actually born in Canada when my Grandfather was up there working during The Depression.

Does anyone have a copy of the application to post? It might help some gather the information before going.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

first passport: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

renewal: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html

That will absolutely save time. They have a Passport Wizard that helps you feel out the correct form.

I am still hung up on the Wizard and feeling out a form. :D

We are going to get photos in the next couple of weeks. But we aren't doing the renewal until May.....I hope their speedy return continues. :)

Our family of four applied at our courthouse on December 31st. Three of the passports arrived (along with birth certificates) on January 17th. The fourth arrived on January 25th. We did not pay to expedite.

Archived