Does anybody take their own pillows?

On my Mariner cruise in October, my daughter is driving to the port (I fly in from CA) and she has the same type of latex foam pillow in her guest room that I have at home. I've already asked her to bring one for me on the cruise. I've never had any problems with the pillows on the ship but I sleep better on this type.

I'm taking my own on my Sept trip cause I get to drive to the port here.

I alway take my little travel pillow with me when I travel. It is about half the size of a standard pillow and scrunches real small so easy to pack. I know some folks have asked their cabin stewards for different pillows and they always accommodate their requests. One line we cruised on actually asked us in a pre cruise questionaire what type of pillows we wanted and bed duvet or standard spread.

When I travel by car I take my pillows but traveling by air makes that so much harder these days.

However, having said that, I will be hitting the local store in San Juan this weekend before I board to get a pillow. I've had too many pillows with lumps and bumps in them before and then there's the allergies too.

I've traveled all over the world and I don't leave home without my pillow. I always find a way to make room for it.

I've been told though that on our cruise in three weeks that there is a pillow menu to select from. We are staying in a GS. I still think I will take my own :D

I always take my own pillow. I don't have any problem with the ship's pillows, I just like my own.

I have a standard size pillow and either make room for it in my checked luggage, or if there is no room there I have simply tied it to my carry-on and go through airport security. I have never been asked to find room inside the carry-on and have never had anyone even say anything about it.

It is amazing if you look around airports and see how many people carry their own pillow.

Archived