Who else sailed 12/18 Ecstasy-Galveston and has a tale to tell !

charleecrat

I was so looking forward to this, our first cruise that I splurged and bought the Penthouse Suite and after having paid over 2K for this I would at the very least expect Carnival to act like they know how to handle a delay. I walked into a fiasco at the terminal after having called Carnival 20 times asking what we should do. I thought the reason I paid for VIP was to avoid lines and hassles . Had I known in advance the long lines, heat, hassles and pushing and shoving were free of charge I would have saved my money for a double Johnny Walker as soon as I boarded :D. It was a nightmare that scared the socks off my 12 year old son and reminded me of the New Orleans Superdome chapter 2 :mad:. The nice lady that checked us in told me to write a letter about this mess. I found that puzzling as I had just arrived but later on I saw exactly what she was talking about. I kept to the back of what I guess was suppose to be the VIP area of the terminal, there were a set of doors that sounded an alarm and I checked them to see if they opened and they did. That was to be our escape hatch should the crowd finally reach their boiling point and crack. At times I think that was about to happen. We did not suffer as long as some of the passengers who told me they had been there for 12 hours, some longer than that. Upon arrival all the porters were gone and we had no idea where the baggage check-in was so we toted all luggage, another nightmare. I dont fault Carnival at all for the fog. What I do fault them for is :

1. Not finding out till after I reach my lovely room @ midnight that I was not going to need my scuba equipment I lugged all the way up the gangway, nor anything else for that matter. Progresso is not what I would consider a vacation destination and very unappealing to the eye. I did my homework and avoided that destination for this very reason.

2. Not being advised that had I wanted a refund I could do so and re-schedule for the destination I paid for.

3. Not being told officially that full refunds were available and jacked around everytime I called the purser's office. Later I heard the people that left and there were many were told they had to stay in Galveston till morning to get the money as the person who wrote the refund checks had gone home for the day. Hummmm that sounds kinda fishy.

And lastly, A little note about what the options are in this case would have been appropriate in this matter so people would have not been wondering around aimlessly confused as to what would happen next.

I opted to stay on the ship as I already knew what Progresso had to offer and didnt need to spend additional funds to find that out. I have a video of some kind of concrete pit and watched carefully as the workers loaded tractor trailers and scooted off into the distance. Honestly I am clueless as to why this was ever a destination as you can access the Ruins from Cancun in just about the same time plus enjoy all the other options the area has to offer. My guess is the port fee Carnival pays is less than Cozumel and that savings coupled with the fuel savings help make up for the refunds Carnival may have paid.

The ship is truly something to behold. I would have never known it is not a new ship. They seem to take very good care of it. Not impressed with the food at the buffets and the dinner was okay but as Murphy's law would apply we had a new waiter who forgot we were there and the dinner took 2 hours to complete. After that we just ordered room service which was very nice for the most part. I like 92 octane coffee and ask if they could perk it strong and they did. Was buzzing for hours which I like.

After my son recovered from the boarding ordeal he finally warmed up to the kids club and enjoyed a day of that before the rough seas set in. He loved the rocking and rolling. I was suprized none of us got sick. I was still going somewhere while sitting on my sofa 6 hours after we got home LOL. That was interesting.

Now had I paid for a bargain cruise it would sting a lot less. 3 G's for what I got just dosent set well with me and I am having trouble finding the VP's snail mail address or any other corporate address for that matter. Got a feeling they dont want me to know it. I filled out a customer service report. The purser's office never returned my calls.

They have a trip quarantee that says they will refund the remainder of your purchase price and pay for your airfare to fly you home. Had I asked for that just after boarding what would I have gotten? I was afraid they would give me a 3 man raft and a bus ticket from downtown Tijuana. :-)

The other passengers were great. I met a lot of fun loving people. I was jealous of the more frugal passengers whom im my opinion made a better choice than I did since the delay took most of the wind out of this vacation sail.

All I ask for is to get what we paid for or the option to try again when the weather is more agreeable. My dream to swim with dolphins has come and gone and unless I hit the lotto, I cant see it happening anytime in the near future. I could have taken 3 trips for what I paid for this one. There are no words to express my dissapointment.

Charlee

I think the port substitution was because cozumel would have taken longer for the ship to reach and as you said, it didnt leave until after midnight. We were watching her on the Galveston cam and wondering when you would get off.

I guess you got the $50 OBC same as the 1A least expensive cabins?? I agree I think Carnival isnt doing the best job lately at offering options, they obviously are afraid you WILL cancel. lol. Write, but dont expect a lot. Carnival's new moto is "we dont care". Service just isnt there.

I think the port substitution was because cozumel would have taken longer for the ship to reach and as you said, it didnt leave until after midnight. We were watching her on the Galveston cam and wondering when you would get off.

I guess you got the $50 OBC same as the 1A least expensive cabins?? I agree I think Carnival isnt doing the best job lately at offering options, they obviously are afraid you WILL cancel. lol. Write, but dont expect a lot. Carnival's new moto is "we dont care". Service just isnt there.

we got 40 each which came to 120.00 they said to cover dinner bill which I said What dinner? I was in line and couldnt get out LOL. Noticed they still charged me the mandatory 10 per day for tips, so subtract 30 from their gift of 120 as I thought they would ,do but no deal LOL I learned a lesson

how many days was your cruise? i would have been sorely disappointed... it seems that everyone should be credited one day of their cruise since you all missed a day. so... divide total amount for cabin + fuel surcharge + taxes and fees by the # of days and minus the $120 they gave you and send Carnival multiple copies of this invoice plus a letter to every VP! Sure, this WASN'T Carnival's fault... but it isn't the passenger's fault EITHER. You should get what you pay for, its only fair, its the RIGHT way to do business and keep your customers faithful!

how many days was your cruise? i would have been sorely disappointed... it seems that everyone should be credited one day of their cruise since you all missed a day. so... divide total amount for cabin + fuel surcharge + taxes and fees by the # of days and minus the $120 they gave you and send Carnival multiple copies of this invoice plus a letter to every VP! Sure, this WASN'T Carnival's fault... but it isn't the passenger's fault EITHER. You should get what you pay for, its only fair, its the RIGHT way to do business and keep your customers faithful!

thank you, Wished you worked there. O ,I got the President's address but im sure he will never open it. It was 4 day cruise spending 1 day in Cozumel, so instead I watched a concrete company haul sand at Progresso! What fun huh? I just cried all night after we got home. It was also frightening at the terminal, people were so mad and some got their money back. I wished they had offered us that and we didnt even know we were not going to Cozumel until we got to our cabin at midnight!!!

thank you, Wished you worked there. O ,I got the President's address but im sure he will never open it. It was 4 day cruise spending 1 day in Cozumel, so instead I watched a concrete company haul sand at Progresso! What fun huh? I just cried all night after we got home. It was also frightening at the terminal, people were so mad and some got their money back. I wished they had offered us that and we didnt even know we were not going to Cozumel until we got to our cabin at midnight!!!

I was on the cruise just prior to yours... and your cheeseburger sure was yummy at lunch.:eek:

Seriously, I felt horrible for you all, knowing you were stuck at the terminal with no ship in sight, and we were stuck on the ship with no terminal in sight. :( DH and I missed our flight out of Houston that afternoon.

Carnival pulled a doozy with us once on a very expensive Alaskan cruise (totally unrelated to weather)... precisely why I now only sail bargain cruises with Carnival. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Ain't happenin'!;)

I was on the cruise just prior to yours... and your cheeseburger sure was yummy at lunch.:eek:

Seriously, I felt horrible for you all, knowing you were stuck at the terminal with no ship in sight, and we were stuck on the ship with no terminal in sight. :( DH and I missed our flight out of Houston that afternoon.

Carnival pulled a doozy with us once on a very expensive Alaskan cruise (totally unrelated to weather)... precisely why I now only sail bargain cruises with Carnival. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Ain't happenin'!;)

Like I said I learned a lesson ! If not for the hotel Galvez who let us stay there all day, we would have been stuck in that terminal mess for longer than 4 hours. When we dis-embarked, my son got nervous that the same thing was about to happen again and fortunately it was fast and easy. We carried all 8 bags ourselves. I thought I got them on I can get them off.

I was so looking forward to this, our first cruise that I splurged and bought the Penthouse Suite and after having paid over 2K for this I would at the very least expect Carnival to act like they know how to handle a delay. I walked into a fiasco at the terminal after having called Carnival 20 times asking what we should do. I thought the reason I paid for VIP was to avoid lines and hassles . Had I known in advance the long lines, heat, hassles and pushing and shoving were free of charge I would have saved my money for a double Johnny Walker as soon as I boarded :D. It was a nightmare that scared the socks off my 12 year old son and reminded me of the New Orleans Superdome chapter 2 :mad:. The nice lady that checked us in told me to write a letter about this mess. I found that puzzling as I had just arrived but later on I saw exactly what she was talking about. I kept to the back of what I guess was suppose to be the VIP area of the terminal, there were a set of doors that sounded an alarm and I checked them to see if they opened and they did. That was to be our escape hatch should the crowd finally reach their boiling point and crack. At times I think that was about to happen. We did not suffer as long as some of the passengers who told me they had been there for 12 hours, some longer than that. Upon arrival all the porters were gone and we had no idea where the baggage check-in was so we toted all luggage, another nightmare. I dont fault Carnival at all for the fog. What I do fault them for is :

1. Not finding out till after I reach my lovely room @ midnight that I was not going to need my scuba equipment I lugged all the way up the gangway, nor anything else for that matter. Progresso is not what I would consider a vacation destination and very unappealing to the eye. I did my homework and avoided that destination for this very reason.

2. Not being advised that had I wanted a refund I could do so and re-schedule for the destination I paid for.

3. Not being told officially that full refunds were available and jacked around everytime I called the purser's office. Later I heard the people that left and there were many were told they had to stay in Galveston till morning to get the money as the person who wrote the refund checks had gone home for the day. Hummmm that sounds kinda fishy.

And lastly, A little note about what the options are in this case would have been appropriate in this matter so people would have not been wondering around aimlessly confused as to what would happen next.

I opted to stay on the ship as I already knew what Progresso had to offer and didnt need to spend additional funds to find that out. I have a video of some kind of concrete pit and watched carefully as the workers loaded tractor trailers and scooted off into the distance. Honestly I am clueless as to why this was ever a destination as you can access the Ruins from Cancun in just about the same time plus enjoy all the other options the area has to offer. My guess is the port fee Carnival pays is less than Cozumel and that savings coupled with the fuel savings help make up for the refunds Carnival may have paid.

The ship is truly something to behold. I would have never known it is not a new ship. They seem to take very good care of it. Not impressed with the food at the buffets and the dinner was okay but as Murphy's law would apply we had a new waiter who forgot we were there and the dinner took 2 hours to complete. After that we just ordered room service which was very nice for the most part. I like 92 octane coffee and ask if they could perk it strong and they did. Was buzzing for hours which I like.

After my son recovered from the boarding ordeal he finally warmed up to the kids club and enjoyed a day of that before the rough seas set in. He loved the rocking and rolling. I was suprized none of us got sick. I was still going somewhere while sitting on my sofa 6 hours after we got home LOL. That was interesting.

Now had I paid for a bargain cruise it would sting a lot less. 3 G's for what I got just dosent set well with me and I am having trouble finding the VP's snail mail address or any other corporate address for that matter. Got a feeling they dont want me to know it. I filled out a customer service report. The purser's office never returned my calls.

They have a trip quarantee that says they will refund the remainder of your purchase price and pay for your airfare to fly you home. Had I asked for that just after boarding what would I have gotten? I was afraid they would give me a 3 man raft and a bus ticket from downtown Tijuana. :-)

The other passengers were great. I met a lot of fun loving people. I was jealous of the more frugal passengers whom im my opinion made a better choice than I did since the delay took most of the wind out of this vacation sail.

All I ask for is to get what we paid for or the option to try again when the weather is more agreeable. My dream to swim with dolphins has come and gone and unless I hit the lotto, I cant see it happening anytime in the near future. I could have taken 3 trips for what I paid for this one. There are no words to express my dissapointment.

Charlee

If you ever go to Progreso again, I suggest that you visit Merida, a short trip up Mex. Hwy 261 from Progreso. There are numerous tours to Merida and, being a large city, lots of options to explore Yucatecan life.

That way, your trip will be worthwhile.

James

I'm confused. You start out saying you paid 2K then you say 3Gs. :confused:

The trip was 2,200.00

dog kennels 250.00

gas 50.00

hotel galvez 150.00

tips 120.00

xtra tips 100.00

lunch & dinner prior to and after trip

2,870.00 I took 3K from the bank and it is gone. So even though the cruise was 2,200 it carries considerable incidentials as stated above. I forgot the insurance that was usless at 174.00

If you ever go to Progreso again, I suggest that you visit Merida, a short trip up Mex. Hwy 261 from Progreso. There are numerous tours to Merida and, being a large city, lots of options to explore Yucatecan life.

That way, your trip will be worthwhile.

James

Ive heard about that town. A friend of mine stayed with some of their friends that live near there and she said they had great deals on leather goods.

When choosing to pay for a penthouse suite vs less expensive cabin category you were paying for a larger cabin/balcony. So how was the cabin? And yes, VIP boarding is a perk of a suite and it's unfortunate that you didn't get to enjoy that perk.

Nice that the Hotel Galvez allowed you spend the day there so your time at the terminal was limited. Even nicer that you were aware that the ship was not returning to port until later in the day and could enjoy that option. I'm not sure there would ever be a great plan for accommodating all passengers waiting to board a ship that is so late returning to port and I'm afraid that will always result in a mess and unhappy cruisers.

I am truly sorry for your disappointment but weather is a very unpredictable but important part of cruising. Port changes are the most common result of bad weather and unfortuantely but understandably are usually a major disappointment but have been and will always remain a very real reality of cruising and if one is going to be as upset as many are when ports get changed than crusing is not a good option for those people. One can never guarentee when the weather is going to be more agreeable.

When choosing to pay for a penthouse suite vs less expensive cabin category you were paying for a larger cabin/balcony. So how was the cabin? And yes, VIP boarding is a perk of a suite and it's unfortunate that you didn't get to enjoy that perk.

Nice that the Hotel Galvez allowed you spend the day there so your time at the terminal was limited. Even nicer that you were aware that the ship was not returning to port until later in the day and could enjoy that option. I'm not sure there would ever be a great plan for accommodating all passengers waiting to board a ship that is so late returning to port and I'm afraid that will always result in a mess and unhappy cruisers.

I am truly sorry for your disappointment but weather is a very unpredictable but important part of cruising. Port changes are the most common result of bad weather and unfortuantely but understandably are usually a major disappointment but have been and will always remain a very real reality of cruising and if one is going to be as upset as many are when ports get changed than crusing is not a good option for those people. One can never guarentee when the weather is going to be more agreeable.

The cabin was beautiful. large roomy and nice. the veranda had a wonderful view of the mexican port of Progresso's concrete company.

Carnival cannot control the weather and I dont expect them to, I do expect them to notify me if the destination has changed and give me some options. They are not very good at crowd control. That situation Carnival placed my son in was dangerous. We are lucky nothing happened.

One of the problems with 3-5 day cruises is that if a problem like yours occurs its hard to recover as it shortens the time so significantly. At least you didn't have expensive airfare to get to the port. I've been to Progresso and Merida and it was ok but doesn't compare to Cozumel for me anyway. Sorry the weather messed up your trip.

One of the problems with 3-5 day cruises is that if a problem like yours occurs its hard to recover as it shortens the time so significantly. At least you didn't have expensive airfare to get to the port. I've been to Progresso and Merida and it was ok but doesn't compare to Cozumel for me anyway. Sorry the weather messed up your trip.

Thank you I sure hope they make me some kinda offer.

did they credit you for the fuel surcharges?

Bill

yes we got 92 dollars or something like that, but I think the charge was 146.00. Im looking for the original bill now. They also gave us 120.00 they said to eat on but we were in the line and they told us we could not leave so how could we have ate? They refused to take the bill off for the 10 a day tips for that first day. So I guess you can subtract for that from their gift.

When bad weather happens, it causes problems. All cruiselines and airlines end up with unhappy customers when there are delays and changes.

Your logic that because you decided to book the penthouse you were damaged more than if you booked a budget cruise is faulty. You decided how to spend your money, not Carnival. I do think that if they do a cruise type refund it will be on a percentage basis and you will end up with a bigger check but the same percentage comp as the budget cruiser.

If you read your cruise contract, you will see what they are required to do for bad weather. Keep you safe. They do not guarantee any particular ports. That's all cruise lines not just Carnival.

Your point about Progresso and the ruins is not accurate. You can see many more sites from Progressa. Two major ones in 20 minutes from Progresso. Cozumel has one very small site on the island and the others you have to ferry to mainland to see. Not comparable at all as far as ruin excursions go.

So my advice is

1) get over the anger at Carnival. They are a travel business that is acting very much like the other cruiselines and airlines do. I've had ports cancelled too. And delays because of weather.

2) Accept that you just paid more for a nicer cabin. The rest of the experience was just the same as every other passengers. Your choice.

3) When you contact Carnival keep your requests very specific and short. Write a very brief precise letter. State what you did not get - I.E. your first day of a cruise and a subsituted port. Ask for specific compensation, I would try for a cruise credit going forward equal to one day of your cruise. Cash refunds are very rare. Cruise credits are easier to get.

4) Issues with a travel company tend to take a long time to resolve. It could be up to 6 months before you get your final resolution. Be patient and document all discussions.

Any time a change happens there are many dissapointed people. But a travel business faces this almost weekly on one ship or another. They have pretty tight policies on how they handle them.

Good Luck.

When bad weather happens, it causes problems. All cruiselines and airlines end up with unhappy customers when there are delays and changes.

Your logic that because you decided to book the penthouse you were damaged more than if you booked a budget cruise is faulty. You decided how to spend your money, not Carnival. I do think that if they do a cruise type refund it will be on a percentage basis and you will end up with a bigger check but the same percentage comp as the budget cruiser.

If you read your cruise contract, you will see what they are required to do for bad weather. Keep you safe. They do not guarantee any particular ports. That's all cruise lines not just Carnival.

Your point about Progresso and the ruins is not accurate. You can see many more sites from Progressa. Two major ones in 20 minutes from Progresso. Cozumel has one very small site on the island and the others you have to ferry to mainland to see. Not comparable at all as far as ruin excursions go.

So my advice is

1) get over the anger at Carnival. They are a travel business that is acting very much like the other cruiselines and airlines do. I've had ports cancelled too. And delays because of weather.

2) Accept that you just paid more for a nicer cabin. The rest of the experience was just the same as every other passengers. Your choice.

3) When you contact Carnival keep your requests very specific and short. Write a very brief precise letter. State what you did not get - I.E. your first day of a cruise and a subsituted port. Ask for specific compensation, I would try for a cruise credit going forward equal to one day of your cruise. Cash refunds are very rare. Cruise credits are easier to get.

4) Issues with a travel company tend to take a long time to resolve. It could be up to 6 months before you get your final resolution. Be patient and document all discussions.

Any time a change happens there are many dissapointed people. But a travel business faces this almost weekly on one ship or another. They have pretty tight policies on how they handle them.

Good Luck.

wow thanks for this advice. What I must have not expressed to you was the danger that carnival put us under in that terminal. I wanted so bad to turn on my video camera to film the chaos so I could show it to carnival and the police! I saw signs everywhere no pics or film. I told my hubby well I know why, they dont want me to prove what we are experiencing. They say its homeland security. I say what security I watched this guy run all 8 of my bags through the scanner and they had told me not to bring anything more than 24X16 any length. I would have to measure them but I think they just crammed them in there and it dosent matter anyway the guy was also stressed and talked to his other worker the entire time my bags were going through and never even looked at them. later I went over there to see if that is really what I saw and another person was at the desk and they were looking at the monitor. We just hit it at a busy and confusing time.

Like I said, had this been a bargain cruise hit would have hurt a lot less. I didnt get the VIP boarding which not only was less hassle, it was necessary due to my hubby having neuropathy in his legs and feet so this really hurt him and made his trip uncomfortable. That is one reason I paid the big bucks. We asked about a wheelchair and no one could help us. They acted like they had never had this happen to them.

Interesting as I research Carnival I see they seem to have a habit of canceling Cozumel and replacing it with Progresso frequently even in fair weather. Ive heard several excuses and wonder if there is a financial reason they do this. Since the CD came on the TV and said we were getting to Progresso a hour or so early and what a bonus ( I wanted to puke), is the distance really the reason? Someone said they lost their port slip time so it was sold to another ship.

I will keep your suggestions in mind and hope they do the right thing for us. I could get hooked on this cruising stuff too, very easily!!!

Sorry to hear this happened on your first cruise.

We seasoned cruisers sometimes forget that the newbies of the world don't "know the robes" yet....so please understand some of the responses you will get may not seem very sympathetic.....it is not that they don't mean to try to understand your situation...it has simply been a long time since we have been newbies.

My recommendation to you is the following:

Yes, write a letter. Not an email...not a phone call to Guest Relations....

The name and address are:

Mr. Ruben Rodriguez

Executive VP of Marketing and Guest Experiences

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Fl 33178-2428

While Mr. Gerry Cahill is the CEO, I think perhaps Ruben will be a better contact since this is his area of responsibility.

May I also recommend that when you write the letter...to keep it short and to the point.....listing only the important issues and facts.

I would start off with the fact that this was your first cruise. This is important.

Then I would list a few things that you LOVED about the cruise.....followed by "however, the reason for my letter is....."

1. The terminal situation. Don't exaggerate or generalize....but write it in such a manner so that Ruben can put himself in your shoes.

2. The lack of information. There is no reason why you should not have known before you got to the terminal that the ports had changed and that cancelling was an option. At the very least, if you had known the ports had changed....you could have left the gear in the car.

The change of ports, itself, is the risk you take when you cruise. I know this was a disappointment .... but that is not Carnival's fault and will dilute the issues that you do need addressed.

Lastly, be realistic. It may take as long as 6 weeks to get a response simply due to the volume of mail they receive....especially after an "event" like this.

Good Luck...

Sorry to hear this happened on your first cruise.

We seasoned cruisers sometimes forget that the newbies of the world don't "know the robes" yet....so please understand some of the responses you will get may not seem very sympathetic.....it is not that they don't mean to try to understand your situation...it has simply been a long time since we have been newbies.

My recommendation to you is the following:

Yes, write a letter. Not an email...not a phone call to Guest Relations....

The name and address are:

Mr. Ruben Rodriguez

Executive VP of Marketing and Guest Experiences

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Fl 33178-2428

While Mr. Gerry Cahill is the CEO, I think perhaps Ruben will be a better contact since this is his area of responsibility.

May I also recommend that when you write the letter...to keep it short and to the point.....listing only the important issues and facts.

I would start off with the fact that this was your first cruise. This is important.

Then I would list a few things that you LOVED about the cruise.....followed by "however, the reason for my letter is....."

1. The terminal situation. Don't exaggerate or generalize....but write it in such a manner so that Ruben can put himself in your shoes.

2. The lack of information. There is no reason why you should not have known before you got to the terminal that the ports had changed and that cancelling was an option. At the very least, if you had known the ports had changed....you could have left the gear in the car.

The change of ports, itself, is the risk you take when you cruise. I know this was a disappointment .... but that is not Carnival's fault and will dilute the issues that you do need addressed.

Lastly, be realistic. It may take as long as 6 weeks to get a response simply due to the volume of mail they receive....especially after an "event" like this.

Good Luck...

O thank you so very much. I will print this note you wrote and follow it. Guess I can trash my letter to Cahill and the other guy. Name begins with an A, he is a realitive of the founder. This is a publicly traded company and I was intending to do as much research as I could in hopes of finding out what my best recourse is.

One of the reasons I took this cruise is my 12 year old son is timid and afraid of flying. After what he witnessed in that terminal thoughts were going through my head like " Im going to need to hire him a shrink, this has set him back instead of forward". he was terrified. When we got to our cabin, I watched him gulp down a big bottle water and his hands were shaking, then my husband said " look it cost 3.95" LOL You would have just needed to be there with us to see this fiasco. I felt like a complete idiot that I had spent that much money, hiped my family up and then was exposed to a Superdome like experience. At least the people in the superdome didnt have to pay for their torture LOL

O thank you so very much. I will print this note you wrote and follow it. Guess I can trash my letter to Cahill and the other guy. Name begins with an A, he is a realitive of the founder. This is a publicly traded company and I was intending to do as much research as I could in hopes of finding out what my best recourse is.

One of the reasons I took this cruise is my 12 year old son is timid and afraid of flying. After what he witnessed in that terminal thoughts were going through my head like " Im going to need to hire him a shrink, this has set him back instead of forward". he was terrified. When we got to our cabin, I watched him gulp down a big bottle water and his hands were shaking, then my husband said " look it cost 3.95" LOL You would have just needed to be there with us to see this fiasco. I felt like a complete idiot that I had spent that much money, hiped my family up and then was exposed to a Superdome like experience. At least the people in the superdome didnt have to pay for their torture LOL

We have a son with Autism, so I completely understand how "situations" can affect a person. We have to be very careful with him.

Mickey Arison is probably the person you were talking about. He is the founder's son. However, he is the head of Carnival Corp.... (which owns ALL the cruise lines ~ Cunard, Holland America, Carnival, Princess) where Ruben and Mr. Cahill are Carnival Cruise Lines specific..... but I think you will get better results in dealing with Carnival Cruise Lines people....instead of Carnival Corp.

Archived