New latitudes perk list on NCL Site

big green

"... Cruises taken while traveling on a travel agent, interline or family & friends as well as cruises taken while using a cruise credit certificate do not count towards your Latitudes membership level. On-board latitudes benefits are provided on cruises 5-days or more...."

Does this mean that if say my mother-in-law pays for a family cruise, only she gets the credit?

What about if my DH and I go together, but I pay with "my credit card", does he still get a credit?

Also, no more benefits on anything less than 5 days but do those count for your overall total?

Bronze:

1-4 completed cruises:

• Access to Latitudes customer service desk

• Latitudes pricing on all sailings

• Special Latitudes check-in

• Latitudes ship pin

• Latitudes on-board liaison to answer your questions at sea

• Members-only cocktail parties hosted by the captain

Silver:

5-8 completed cruises:

Bronze benefits plus…

• Exclusive gathering

• Tasty treat delivered to your stateroom two times during your cruise

Gold:

9-13 completed cruises:

Silver benefits plus…

VIP service, which includes:

• Welcome basket

• Priority restaurant reservations

• Priority tender tickets

• Priority check-in

• Priority disembarkation*

• Invitation to the captain’s cocktail party

Platinum:

14 or more completed cruises:

Gold benefits plus…

• Complimentary dinner in Le Bistro

Big Green

• Administrators
"... Cruises taken while traveling on a travel agent, interline or family & friends as well as cruises taken while using a cruise credit certificate do not count towards your Latitudes membership level. On-board latitudes benefits are provided on cruises 5-days or more...."

Does this mean that if say my mother-in-law pays for a family cruise, only she gets the credit?

What about if my DH and I go together, but I pay with "my credit card", does he still get a credit?

Also, no more benefits on anything less than 5 days but do those count for your overall total?

No, the reference to "family and friends" is to special rates -- like employee rates cruiseline employees can share with their family and friends. Cruise credit isn't a reference to a credit card. Your last question I don't know -- I agree with the poster above -- that little detail is probably in the white space with the big X. Go figure, a new page at ncl.com with technical errors! :rolleyes: Does their web department have ANY quality control at all?

also gone maybe is the welcome basket and food delivery each night....(or some of the nights)

that's the biggy for me. sometimes the fruit is a little under-ripe, but the wine was always welcomed and it was nice to have a little fruit to nibble on through-out the cruise as well as the little special goodies some nights.

Nita

No, the reference to "family and friends" is to special rates -- like employee rates cruiseline employees can share with their family and friends. Cruise credit isn't a reference to a credit card. Your last question I don't know -- I agree with the poster above -- that little detail is probably in the white space with the big X. Go figure, a new page at ncl.com with technical errors! :rolleyes: Does their web department have ANY quality control at all?

I'm a bit foggy - no coffee yet - how do I find the info you are discussing? What does the reference to travel agent mean? I trust it doesn't mean we have to book directly? :confused:

Is this correct:

For Platinum they have eliminated the Exclusive Captain's cocktail hour?

The Cagney's lunch and breakfast?

Restaurant reservations are allowed 72 hours prior not when you board?

I get free laundry on Carnival it is a very nice perk to add.

This is not clear:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=MembershipBenefits

This link is better:

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/Home/YourLatitudesBenefits/tabid/78/Default.aspx

Platinum

(14 or more completed cruises*)

• Exclusive Latitudes offers and announcements

• Priority check-in

• Complimentary online Latitudes magazine

• Members-only cocktail party

• On-board Latitudes representative

• Exclusive on-board gathering

• Exclusive on-board discounts

• Priority restaurant reservations

• Priority tender tickets

• Priority disembarkation

* Complimentary dinner in Le Bistro

* Complimentary “Behind the Scenes” ship tour

* Complimentary laundry services

In all my questionaires from NCL I have stated that all I care about is that they do not reduce our perks. These are the reasons why I travel with NCL. I enjoy the perks.

Cagney's Breatfast and lunch was never on any Latitudes perk list.

No change in earning levels.

http://ncllatitudesmagazine.com/Home/YourLatitudesBenefits/tabid/78/Default.aspx

One change in the small print for you SKY and CTN passengers

* To become a Latitudes member, you must have taken at least one full tariff cruise with NCL since 1995 when the Latitudes program began. Cruises taken while sailing on a travel agent, interline or family and friends rate as well as cruises taken using a cruise credit certificate do not count toward your Latitudes membership level. On-board Latitudes benefits are provided on cruises of five days or more. Early disembarkation is only available to U.S. citizens due to immigration restrictions, and benefits vary for international guests.

Archived