Share your VERY FAVORITE Celebrity food item?

llmoyer123

Eggs Benedict, Celebrity dressing, soups, bread and butter at dinner, french fries, shrimp cocktail, cucumber sandwiches at tea time, salads, and the beef. I really lean towards the beef, with the exception of lobster night. The lamb is very good. The sauces....Wow! I could go on forever.

...but, we both have a fondness for the M-Class ships' Goat Cheese Souffle, the fresh, hot bread sticks in the same specialty restaurant (YUM!!), and agree that the 'Celebrity Dressing' is wonderful. Oh, and I had a smoked salmon omelette on "Mercury" one time that was marvelous.

CM

The bread sticks in the regular dining room - different flavor every night - are to die for. And they do have them on the lunch buffet on embarkation day - they look like a decoration - but they are real and you can take one. I know - I asked.

Darn, now I revealed my secret of getting an early jump on them.

The almond croissant horns mornings in the Cova Cafe are melt in your mouth good.

And the Creme Brulee at dinner!

And the mushroom in puff pastry appetizer the first night.

And the fruit and cheese plate from room service as a little snack while getting ready for the evening.

And - well I could keep going on but I'm getting hungry.

I agree with AJPack the cold fruit soups are delicious.I really like the finger sandwiches they serve at tea time 4 pm.Ilove escargot as well.Most of the deserts are fabulous.The only food we have had a problem with are the grits on the breakfast buffet,they are runny.To make up for them the waffles are to die for.

Have sailed Celebrity, Princess, RCC and NCL and have to say prime rib and beef Wellington served to us on Celebrity Century was the best I've ever dreamed of eating. Can't remember being served anything that I didn't enjoy fully - and the midnight grand buffet was like stepping into Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory with every gourmet food item you can think of prepared and served to perfection. Made me wish I had the stomaches of a cow so I could have gorged even more on the laden tables set before me.

How about the sticky buns at the breakfast buffet? They are so good and I love the homemade ice cream at lunch everyday. The tomato basil soup is really delicious and the beef is wonderful.

Vicki

We had beef I think on the second night that was exceptional-I wish I knew the name of it-it was not filet; was it Tournados of beef-maybe. It was great! I also am a sucker for deserts-especially creme brulee. DO NOT MISS THE WAFFLES-get them at least one morning b/c they are fabulous. Seriously, there might be a wait,but get them, love them, devour them. Wow. I wish I had a waffle right now!

I don't know if the Summit has one, but on a recent Mercury cruise one of my favorite things was the Waffle Bar for breakfast.

Hi Eagle !

Yes, Summit definately has the waffle station !

Regards,

Andy

I like the doughnuts they make fresh on the Mercury. They have really good ice cream they make too. Of course the breadsticks. The wild mushroom soup.

The meat is usually very good and tender.

I like the a Augratin potatoes and stuffing they have at the Welcome Aboard lunch.

Chocolate Cream Martini and the Ice Creamery drinks. Heh they can be considered a food item , can't they? :)

Archived