My report on Motion Eaze for seasickness

Grits53

I am one of the unfortunate few who is very susceptible to motion sickness of any type. Even worse is the fact that I can no longer use the prescription scop patch due to side effects. Thanks to seeing a few posts here about Motion Eaze, I ordered a bottle of it for my cruise, which was last week. I was a little concerned (no, a LOT concerned!) when I saw the seas getting higher and higher the first day. I truly doubted that this all natural oil was going to prevent my getting sick. Believe me, when I get seasick, I get VERY sick! :o We ended up having very rough seas for the entire 7 day cruise! :eek:

The wonderful news is that the Motion Eaze worked surprisingly well for me!! During the roughest seas, in which the water was sloshing out of the pool over the approximately 10' wall into the hot tub, I was only slightly seasick. One piece of ginger gum (found at the drug store) took care of that, and I felt fine. Therefore, I would like to recommend Motion Eaze for your next cruise! NO side effects, easy to use (dab a drop behind each ear), inexpensive, and it WORKS!! It does have a scent that some might not care for, but I thought it was very tolerable. You only notice the scent for a few minutes after application. I did apply new oil about 3 times a day during rough seas (which was every day!). My friend also used it and never felt the least bit queazy.

I had read here on CC that you can purchase Motion Eaze at WalMart, but I did not find any there or at the drug store. I ordered mine online from motioneaze dot com, and it arrived promptly. If you're prone to being seasick, you owe it to yourself to order a bottle! It's good stuff! ;)

This is why I love Cruise Critic..good stuff I can use. Do to a medical condition I cannot take most seasick meds. so this is something I can use. I only get

a little seasick on about every 6th or 7th cruise but will take some Motion Eaze along on my next cruise.

Cheers!

well, I did it! I ordered some and I hope that it works for me! We leave April 13th so I hope it gets here quickly! I did pay for the priority so I am sure it will!

Anyway - I was going to take Bonine, not sure if that even works for me since I have only been on one cruise and it was 13 years ago! I did get seasick and took Dramimine. It made me sleep. On my Honeymoon, nice, huh? Anyway - I am really worrying myself sick on if any of this is going to work!!

I was told to start taking the Bonine 2 - 3 days before the cruise, but, like I said, not sure if it will work and hopefully will not make me tired!

So, at this point, I am not sure if I should even take the Bonine since I ordered the Motioneaze. And, now worried that if I just take the Motioneaze, it will not work!

I am going to make myself sick with worry and then I guess I could figure out if any of these things work! LOL!

Maybe I will take it and go ride the Carousel at the mall! :)

I have been using Motionease for my last few cruises along with ginger. The good thing about it, is it works after you start to feel ill instead of using it beforehand. My best story about this stuff is on one cruise our asst room steward was on his first cruise. As I passed him in the hall he was a beautiful shade of green. I gave him some to rub behind his ears and when I saw him a few hours later, he was all but skipping down the hall to thank me.I do believe he was more excited when I left the bottle with him at the end of the cruise, than he was about what was in his envelope.

this thread is an advertisement probably from the owner of the website.

If my post helps just 1 person not have a ruined cruise then I am happy and I did not get mine thru the website. Walmart caries it. You might want to keep a bottle handy, someday you might just need it.

Thanks for the review. Is it something that you need to do regardless, or can you use it only if you are starting to feel queasy?

You can use it after you start feeling queasy, but the seas were so rough that I used it 3 times a day as a preventative. I knew I'd get sick without it, because I know how much rockin and rollin my stomach can take! LOL! I don't know if it's factual, but I believe the more times I had applied the oil, the better it worked. In other words, maybe it worked even better after I had been using it for a day or two? (But still worked the first time I used it.) I would also recommend buying a pack of ginger gum at the drug store, because I believe it gave me that little extra that I needed during the roughest seas.

well, I did it! I ordered some and I hope that it works for me! We leave April 13th so I hope it gets here quickly! I did pay for the priority so I am sure it will!

Anyway - I was going to take Bonine, not sure if that even works for me since I have only been on one cruise and it was 13 years ago! I did get seasick and took Dramimine. It made me sleep. On my Honeymoon, nice, huh? Anyway - I am really worrying myself sick on if any of this is going to work!!

I was told to start taking the Bonine 2 - 3 days before the cruise, but, like I said, not sure if it will work and hopefully will not make me tired!

So, at this point, I am not sure if I should even take the Bonine since I ordered the Motioneaze. And, now worried that if I just take the Motioneaze, it will not work!

I am going to make myself sick with worry and then I guess I could figure out if any of these things work! LOL!

Maybe I will take it and go ride the Carousel at the mall! :)

Don't stress about this. I was also worried about my first cruise without the patch last week. The worry was needless, because I was just fine with Motion Eaze. However, as I said in previous posts, go to the drug store and buy a pack of ginger gum. It seemed to give me that little edge that I needed during the roughest seas. I only chewed two pieces, but at those times, I was feeling a bit queasy....not really nauseated, but not 100%, if you know what I mean. The gum made me feel 100% quickly. However, I don't think the gum alone would have helped enough.

Actually, it is a good idea for you to do something that would normally cause you to have motion sickness as a test run for the Motion Eaze. Then you will know it works!

Rest assured that I have no connection whatsoever with the owners of the Motion Eaze web site or any sale of this product. I did check our WalMart and drug store, and it was not available at either. I had no choice but to order it online. I made this post because I have had two cruises ruined due to severe seasickness. I was only trying to help someone else avoid that misery.

Like anything else, Motion Eaze works well for some and not so well for others. My mom is prone to seasickness -- even in what I'd call very calm Alaska waters (I've been on some rough water, and I felt nothing either time in Alaska). My cousin's husband uses Motion Eaze for deep-sea fishing (the only time he gets sick) and swears by it. However, it didn't work for my mom.

For those who are really worried, please note: You can get a shot from Medical. Do not wait until you are really sick like my mom was. They actually put her under quarantine (initially) because they thought it might be noro! It took a LOT of convincing from me that she was definitely just seasick and to please just give her the shot. It did make her sleepy for a brief time, and once she woke up from her nap she felt wonderful! She regretted suffering and wished she'd gone for the shot right away. The Medical staff gave her a really hard time, as you are supposed to notify them ASAP of any illness (in case it could be noro). She could have saved everyone a lot of aggravation, and herself from being so ill, had she just agreed to get the shot when I first told her to do so. It costs (I think) $25, but was a lot more for her (over $100) because she ended up being seen during off-hours when she just couldn't take it any more.

Motion Eaze consists of oils from birch, frankincense, lavender, chamomile, myrrh peppermint and ylang-ylang.

Interestingly, the placebo response rate is 40% for motion sickness--meaning a lot of it IS in your head so one just has to find the particular remedy that works best for you.

This site is informative: http://www.nomoremotionsickness.com/Articles.html

Motion Eaze consists of oils from birch, frankincense, lavender, chamomile, myrrh peppermint and ylang-ylang.

Interestingly, the placebo response rate is 40% for motion sickness--meaning a lot of it IS in your head so one just has to find the particular remedy that works best for you.

This site is informative: http://www.nomoremotionsickness.com/Articles.html

Yes, I have heard that, and that is why I mentioned that I was skeptical that this product would work for me. It was truly a pleasant and welcome surprise when it actually worked as claimed.

I had read here on CC that you can purchase Motion Eaze at WalMart, but I did not find any there or at the drug store.

I found it at Walmart. It was not in a very obvious place, and the staff did not know they had it either. I did not take their word for it and kept looking around. I found it on the end of an aisle, hanging on one of those very small corner displays. It is a very small bottle, so hard to see it as well. Good luck.

-A:)

Well, I just received my order of Motion Eaze and ginger gum...I too get very seasick. We'll see how I do on my upcoming 10 day to the Panama Canal. I also have Bonine, wristbands, and ginger capsules...if I get seasick this time, it's not because I wasn't prepared for it!

My concerns re:taking Motion Eaze are side effects and/or reactions with my prescription medications. I don't have any idea of where to find this information.

Fran

Anyone know....Can you take Motion Eaze and Bonine at the same time?

I would suggest you pose these questions to your doctor and/or pharmacist. They may need you to bring the Motion Eaze packaging so they can see exactly what it contains.

Apparently, it's a topical oil---not something that you ingest! Should be fine with other medications.

And how do you think topical treatments work? They are absorbed into the bloodstream! Other examples would be patch-type medications and steroidal ointments, which can have adverse reactions with other medications. Even "herbal" (topical or ingested forms) products can have adverse reactions with other medications, which is why it is always recommended to discuss these over-the-counter treatments with your doctor and/or pharmacist.

• 3 weeks later...
I would suggest you pose these questions to your doctor and/or pharmacist

I did just that. I phoned my son, an MD in the states to check it out for me. I e-mailed the ingredients and he has a list of my meds. Yesterday I received his reply.

He said that it was no problem for me. Now I have about 5 months to find it. I love cruising and tend to take long cruises. Seasickness hits on almost every cruise and I was quite ill on my Hawaiian cruise. Bonine did not work this time for me. It usually did so I really want to try Motion Eaze.

Fran

Anyone know....Can you take Motion Eaze and Bonine at the same time?

Yes, I always take Bonine (meclizine) before traveling. If I start feeling queasy, I put the Motion Ease behind my ears and keep reapplying as needed. No problems.

Debbie

Archived