Which 'Duck' Ride in Boston???

spinsbabe

We will be on the Crown Princess departing NYC on 9/23 - one of the ports is Boston and many CC folk recommend the 'Duck' tour........but to my chagrin I find there are TWO Duck tours -

Duck and Super Duck...!!

Does anyone know the difference (if any) between the two and are there any specific recommendations between the two?!?!?

Thanks ;) to any who reply - trying to tie up the last of the 'loose ends' so we can just enjoy our trip!!

Not sure what Duck and Super Duck are. www.bostonducktours.com are the originals and what I would usually recommend. I have not done the new one or even seen them around the streets, sorry I can not comment on them. The site above has two locations to be picked up at. The Museum of Science or the Prudential Center. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hard to say which is closer mileage wise - probably close to the same distance away just in different directions. Are you looking to go by taxi or public transportation? My first choice would be to take a taxi to the Pru and get on there. Time wise you are probably less than 10 mins away. Same with MOS.

I did the Duck Tour from the Pru years ago. that is the orginal one to take. maybe the new one is longer but he first takes yuo by al lhe boston highlights. when you are done you can go have lunch and walk back to visit some of these highlights.

I'd literally never heard of Super Duck tours until I saw their booth in Quincy Market yesterday. Anything good or informative you've heard about Duck Tours in Boston, was with the other group. Super Duck may be a great service, I don't know, but they're new.

I know I've said this before, but by the time you take cabs to and from the duck tour starting points and pay for the duck tour, you are spending a lot of extra money to take a tour that makes no stops, that has as it's gimmick a splash in the Charles, and that leaves from locations that are not convenient to the cruise terminal. I've been on the duck tour and I can understand its appeal on a certain level, but I think it's important to know what you're getting.

Archived