Chartered Ship

If it's been "chartered", then you'll have to book thru the TA who chartered it, and you'd better like the group....it will be FULL of specific activities/ shows/seminars....whatever that group does...specific to the interests of the charter group!

Why would you want to do that, if you aren't part of that group?

Anyone else ever sail a ship that has been fully chartered by a travel agency? The cruise must be booked only thru the agency. It is not even on the RCCL website. Boston to Bermuda.

Sailed on the Nickelodeon Cruise which is a charter.

Cruised the Boston to Bermuda charter last October. It was my 5th RCCL cruise and it was no different than any other cruise. Still received all the perks from C&A, stock holder OBC, used Visa points, same entertainment, really would never have known it was a charter. Had a great time.

If it's been "chartered", then you'll have to book thru the TA who chartered it, and you'd better like the group....it will be FULL of specific activities/ shows/seminars....whatever that group does...specific to the interests of the charter group!

Why would you want to do that, if you aren't part of that group?

I've sailed the past two years on a charter cruise called the Buckeye Cancer Cruise which benefits the Ohio State University Cancer Hospital. It is extremely well run and is everything Ohio State Football that one can imagine. It has been successful and I've booked my third cruise for this coming February. The main difference is that the cruise is non-refundable once you make your reservation.

It is my understanding that it has just been chartered by a travel agency--not that is is a group charter. The agency is in charge of ALL bookings. When I called RCCL thy told me that this agency does this once or twice per year. I think the concept is to try to sell out to the east coast crowd. If anyone else has been on this once a year chartered Boston to Bermuda run--please chime in.

Archived