Room Steward Gifts

princessD

We are going at Christmas time this year and thought about this and have come up with a little something special to do for a room stewards and whomever else we come across perhaps.

My husband does woodworking as a hobby so he is going to make a bunch of key chains to do with where we come from..ex. maple leaf, wolfs footprint, bear footprint and whatever we can come up with.

We thought would be a nice little extra for the wonderful ppl that work hard for us to have a superb vacation.

Here is an example of what I mean.

343411459_footprintkeyring.jpg.f8ecbfffb0d75287afa9ef4e4f67f943.jpg

I leave a phone card for my cabin steward toward the beginning of the cruise. I get one of the 500+minute (only comes out to 10 min or so of international calling) ones from Sam's club so they can call thier family back home. I heard on this thread many years ago that they like these because they call thier families back home while in ports.

We have always given $, but we are traveling on the Dream in December-close to Christmas. I am thinking that a gift basked for the steward and waiters would be fun...calling cards, bath products, candy and maybe a variety of small bottles of ???? I have always been pleased w/service and this would be a fun thing to do for them. Thanks for the suggestions.

Remember that these folks share a cabin (smaller than any passenger inside cabin) and have precious little room...give them money, and they can buy what suits them....they generally send the money home to family (that's why they're working, after all).

Archived