Pedicure question

Luckysll

I'm trying to decide whether to have a pedicure done while onboard. I'm not concerned with the price (ship vs. land); what I'm wondering about is what is the sales push like?

I don't do massages or facials onboard any more because of the hard sell they give you. Just takes away from the experience.

Just wondering if it's the same for a pedicure? Anyone have a pedicure done recently and can tell me what it's like?

In my opinion, they also try and sell you products w/ the pedicure, but it's not the same pitch as when you get a massage or facial. I have gotten a couple of pedicures on board. I don't mind paying $65, but I have high expectations for a $65 pedicure and they don't live up to it. However, if my feet need TLC, I'm going to do it regardless.

It really depends on your technician, but this is what I've learned. When you first meet tell them you really appreciate the fact that they have some fantastic products, but the only thing you're budgeted for is the service and tip. They have always respected my request and I was able to relax and enjoy the service. A preemptive but polite strike, so-to-say. By the way, the pedi's I've had were great.

Hope this helps.

Patty

I had one pedicure on the ship.:eek: Not so much the sales pitch as the scraping of my legs with that hard stone. I thought I would lose all my skin. Never again. I get one the day before I leave and it works just fine.

I know on the Miracle and Valor this past March they were using something called a "body brush" to exfoliate the skin, not a pumice stone. It worked pretty well and I was going to buy one but the cost was $40+, so I passed on that. I just noticed that you are sailing on the Miracle. This is our favorite Carnival ship and all of the technicians in the salon there are excellent, however, their contracts expire at different times. If you have the group of folks that we sailed with then I can confidently recommend the pedi as excellent! Sorry, I forgot her name but my feet have never looked that good.

In my opinion, they also try and sell you products w/ the pedicure, but it's not the same pitch as when you get a massage or facial. I have gotten a couple of pedicures on board. I don't mind paying $65, but I have high expectations for a $65 pedicure and they don't live up to it. However, if my feet need TLC, I'm going to do it regardless.

Agreed. The pedicure is no better than the one I get at home for half the price. I have never gotten a facial there, but didn't think the lady was too pushy trying to sell products.

Archived