ATM's at Barcelona Cruise Terminal?

spangnash

I am going on my first cruise next week and we are trying to plan out when to get cash, and where. Would there happen to be ATM's at the cruise terminal in Barcelona? (We were thinking it would be great to get it there, right before we get on the ship, so we can lock it up in our room and take out the appropriate amount each time we need some at port - I am quite paranoid about getting pickpocketed, and was thinking the less times we need to have people seeing us getting cash out of an ATM, the better...)

As for Pickpockets, be vigilant and do not think that being in a group is a safe thing. Pickpockets love tour groups because they are generally distracted.

the more vigilant you are the harder a target you become and pickpockets love soft targets, it is an easy money game that they are after.

On Las Ramblas especially look out for times when you might start watching the three card monte/shell game people, it is tempting to watch but as you watch them the pickpockets are watching you.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to Europe several times, and have had no trouble finding or using ATMs. We only get enough cash to last a few days; we also use a credit card wenever possible. I agree with moyaroo - vigilance is important. Be aware of your surroundings and you should be okay. Have a great trip!

Would there happen to be ATM's at the cruise terminal in Barcelona? (We were thinking it would be great to get it there, right before we get on the ship, so we can lock it up in our room and take out the appropriate amount each time we need some at port - I am quite paranoid about getting pickpocketed, and was thinking the less times we need to have people seeing us getting cash out of an ATM, the better...)

There is no ATM at the cruise terminals A and B at Mol Adossat - or better I have not seen one.

If your ship berthes at World Trade Center I remember that there are two banks in the commercial buildings North and East and I am sure that they will have ATMs as well.

We are working with several wallets for the different currencies.

One with little money which can be stolen...

and others seperated to different places in bags and at the body to lower the risk.

Regards,

HeinBloed

There is no ATM at the cruise terminals A and B at Mol Adossat - or better I have not seen one.

If your ship berthes at World Trade Center I remember that there are two banks in the commercial buildings North and East and I am sure that they will have ATMs as well.

We are working with several wallets for the different currencies.

One with little money which can be stolen...

and others seperated to different places in bags and at the body to lower the risk.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I think i will work with different wallets also, let's say I put my unused rubles and zlotys from our recent cruise (not worth much at all) and just make it a bit more obvious like in my back pocket so the thieves will concentrate on that:D

I think i will work with different wallets also, let's say I put my unused rubles and zlotys from our recent cruise (not worth much at all) and just make it a bit more obvious like in my back pocket so the thieves will concentrate on that:D

I just do not want to show more time my wallet in the public than necessary.

Guess you want to pay something and have to search between the coins which are correct now because they are all mixed in one compartment.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I just do not want to show more time my wallet in the public than necessary.
My suggestions would be to forget about carrying a wallet.

I carry a hidden zippered pouch that has a belt loop on it so that I can tuck it in my pants and still have easy access to it. I carry only enough in a front pocket for small purchases; everything else goes into the pouch.

The pickpockets in Europe are very good; some are well dressed. If you're not defensive, they'll pick your pockets and be gone before you are aware you're missing anything.

Lew

Archived