International Cafe

Immisspriss

In my opinion the food on Princess International Cafe' (I can only speak for the Emerald Princess) is far superior to the the foods at the cafe' on the Mariner of the Seas (the only one I can speak to). The pastries on Princess are better and fresh-baked, and at lunch the sandwiches, light salads and quiches are excellent. I seem to remember RCI had pizza at that cafe' but the fresh-baked pizza at the pizzaria on Princess I felt was again far superior.

Hi there, First time Princess cruiser here. I've been on 4 RC cruises however. Is the International Cafe comparable to the Promenade Cafe on RC? What kind of food is offered? Thanks!

DW & I have been on 4 RCI and 9 Princess. Were on the Liberty of the Seas last Spring, and both feel like the food on both is comparable, with the exception being the "build your own" meals that RCI offers in the evenings @ the buffet.:) Wish Princess would do that.:cool:

I have only tried the international cafe on the Emerald and loved it. The sandwiches, salads, pastries, cookies were fresh and delicious. the only complaint was that there was only one server for everything (after all this is free food) and the lines got pretty long. Also, they offered tapas - four for $3 or $4 dollars, I forget, but they were worth it - especially the little lamb chops! I made a meal out of them one night. And if you like to try different wines or sushi, "VINES" is directly across the piazza, and is wonderful for sampling.

Edited by BayCalif-Ariz R Us

Most of the ships offer the same items but during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays they make some specialty items.

Do you have any examples of this? I was on a Christmas sailing last year and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Do you have any examples of this? I was on a Christmas sailing last year and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Last early Dec on the Emerald they had this type of bread (I think they call it Christmas bread) and my wife expected to find it in Jan on the Crown but they told her it was only a seasonal item. The guy at the international cafe inquired from his boss if he could make hear a special batch but they said no. (we didn't ask).

I guess we'll have to wait till Nov & maybe they have it again.

Maybe they do something special for Easter?

Last early Dec on the Emerald they had this type of bread (I think they call it Christmas bread) and my wife expected to find it in Jan on the Crown but they told her it was only a seasonal item. The guy at the international cafe inquired from his boss if he could make hear a special batch but they said no. (we didn't ask).

I guess we'll have to wait till Nov & maybe they have it again.

Maybe they do something special for Easter?

If the Christmas bread you're talking about is stollen, Publix has it the whole Christmas

season. It's my favorite treat, I grew up eating homemade stollen, and used to make it

myself. Now I just pick it up at Publix bakery.

If the Christmas bread you're talking about is stollen, Publix has it the whole Christmas

season. It's my favorite treat, I grew up eating homemade stollen, and used to make it

I just by pass it since I don't like the chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit & nuts. I just wish they would learn how to make a simple apple pie in place of all the creamy sweet desserts they serve in the DR each evening.

I just by pass it since I don't like the chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit & nuts. I just wish they would learn how to make a simple apple pie in place of all the creamy sweet desserts they serve in the DR each evening.

we had apple pie for dessert on the sapphire in may. it was on turkey night. :)

• 8 years later...

The Christmas stollen on Princess is DELICIOUS.

First they'd have to learn how to make a good pie crust. The pie crust on Princess is like cardboard.