Balcony perks

faymuiheng

Hello to all you helpful people.

Could anyone advise if we should be looking for anything specific with our room? We want to be able to take advantage of anything and everything!

We are the types that don't ask once we are on ship. Too shy :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Don't know what you're specifically asking, but there are no special perks that come with a balcony room, except that you have a balcony on which you can enjoy breakfast or cocktails. It is just a cabin with a balcony. That's it!

:) Well, what the previous poster said is NOT entirely true. Depending on the ship and deck plans --- there are some balconies that are larger than

most on the ship. If you can give a specific ship you are considering -- we

can offer more help.

For example: cabins in the aft section (back) of the ship can be longer

and larger so sometimes their balconies are larger than the balconies on the side of the ship. Also some of the

ships have a center section that extends out a bit from the boat --- this

is called the "hump" that gives a little better view of the sea and horizon.

(These cabins are usually quite popular and book up fast).

The suites and conciege class of cabins all have balconies --- these are priced higher and as such do come with

some extra "goodies" such as butler service, fresh flowers and fruit, canapes, nicer robes, preferred embarcation

and disembarking the ship, sometimes preference in booking shore excursions and dinner reservations.

You should NOT be shy about asking --- how else can you make the right choice for your interests and budget. JMO;)

Again, it all depends on the ship ---- ;)

Also some of the

Again, it all depends on the ship ---- ;)

The initials from your CC name are V COOL... ;)

For the OP, there are no "humps" on HAL ships... The centre part of the vista and signature class ships is indented and does not extend out as on some other cruise ships. There are rooms at the corner of those indents that have views looking into the "indent" as well as out to sea.

:D:D:D

Thanks for the info!...

First time on HAL, so not used to what to expect . Let me rephrase the question. On NCL, balconies have separate breakfast area in the mornings other than the main dining room. If you are in a suite, the restaurant is even better. Other than breakfast areas, the balcony is same as everyone else.

That was the point I was trying to make. Booked into the STATENDAM in room B159.

As one of the other posters said, there are no additional perks when booking a standard balcony room as you have, compared to other inside or outside rooms. HAL does have perks for those in Suites - S category on your sailing. Those in S suites are able to dine in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

For the OP, there are no "humps" on HAL ships... The centre part of the vista and signature class ships is indented and does not extend out as on some other cruise ships. There are rooms at the corner of those indents that have views looking into the "indent" as well as out to sea.

Actually on the Oosterdam and Westerdam, I believe they are both Vista class, on either side of midship the verandas/balconys do extend out Kind of like this:

---\____/-----

\_____/ = midship where the midship glass elevators and life boats are

---- = either side of the midship elevators and life boats.

The staterooms at the place of extension _/-- = handicapped cabins.

I am attaching a photo from our cabi on the Oosterdam to give you an idea (by the way, the verandas for the handicapped cabins are larger than the ones on either side.

(I had not heard of CC when we took our cruises, so did not get a lot of shots of the ship and details)

059.jpg.8b3035587de16452897f567851e0aa15.jpg

010-aft-view-from-our-verandah.jpg.5855c1c61ab7e843c3443f4d21c367ea.jpg

100_0572.jpg.ab80d95a5c7becdb9004093d92a08d8b.jpg

100_0589.jpg.d622a239afaf6145d91dbd26abcdf6dd.jpg

100_0163.jpg.c12743d89b41a67586e9d367069bf355.jpg

Double post sorry

For example: cabins in the aft section (back) of the ship can be longer

and larger so sometimes their balconies are larger than the balconies on the side of the ship. Also some of the

I don't think there is a "hump" on any HAL ship, or did I miss it?

I understand why the OP asks this question - because on NCL passengers are treated VERY differently depending on what type of room they have.

HAL does have some perks for passengers in higher categories, but they are much more subtle about it. In general, everyone on a HAL ship is treated well despite room type.

Enjoy your balcony and your cruise! :)

Actually on the Oosterdam and Westerdam, I believe they are both Vista class, on either side of midship the verandas/balconys do extend out

Hi Joanie,

I understand what you are saying, but would not refer to those rooms as being on a hump, as they are just the end cabins of the indent. Hump rooms on other lines such as Celebrity, are part of a section that actually stick out of the main line of the ship's other cabins.

If you are after a hump room, you are barking up the wrong tree with HAL...

Happy sailings...

Archived