Crown Princess kids club compared to Royal Car. or Celebrity?

brenderlou

We will be taking our first Princess cruise on the Crown Thanksgiving week and was wondering how others felt about their kids program? We have a 5 yr old that LOVES going to the kids club.

We have been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, both excellent programs that she loved. So, can anyone tell me how Princess compares to the other lines and how they and the kids liked it?

Thanks

Sorry, I can't answer your question as I basically have the same concerns:D

We're RCCL cruisers. We too found the AO programm to be excellent.

Our daugther (now 7) have always loved going to the kids club.

We've just booked a cruise for the next summer on the Star Princess and I really do hope that the kids club is almost as good as the AO as we'll have to use it intensively.

We were hesitating with a HAL cruise and were discouraged by the lack of children's activities (reduced opening hours of the kids club while docked, no kids dinner,...)

We're going on a Baltic cruise and visiting all this cities won't interest our daughter much (she hates walking:p) So we're planning on leaving her at the kids club while at port.

I would be glad about any feedback:)

Thanks in advance

Toonye

We were on the Star Princess last week and our 4 year old son loved the kids program. Would have spent the whole time there if he could have.

The staff was great and they made several things he really liked.

They went and watched a juggler one afternoon in the Vista Lounge. Had snacks and ice cream and had dinner with the other kids one night.

I was aboard the Grand Princess two years ago, and the kids program was adequate.

My kids enjoyed themselves.

My only complaint (which my son didn't seem to mind) was that the older kids were on the other side of the ship in a conference room they had tried to modify into a kids' area.

Literally, there were conference room tables lining the walls, and the kids had a large open space in the middle.

Still, the kids had a good time... no complaints from them.

Thank you so much for all your -positive :D- feedbacks!

Salmoncreek, do you happen to remember if the opening hours of the kids club on the Star Princess fit to the docked hours?

->on the princess website, they say the club would open from 08:00 am to 05:00 pm on port days with a complimentary lunch offered to the children.

We'll have a stop where we'll arrive as early as 07:00 am and most excursion tours depart at 07:30 am.

Do you think the club would open earlier on that day?

Because, if not, we won't be able to go on a tour in that city or at least, I couldn't book any organized tour.

On RCCL for example, the kids club always opens 30 min prior the first shore excursion so that it isn't too hectic accompanying your children to the club and then join your tour group...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Toonye

When we arrived in port at 6:00 or 6:30 AM the kids club did not open until 8:00 AM. That was for Alaska and we didn't schedule any so I don't know if any excursions started earlier than that.

We were scheduled to arrive in Juneau at 2:00 PM and that day the kids program opened at 1:30 for the port program.

Then in Victoria we arrived at 5:00 and that was the same time as the kids program began.

My 4 year old son and myself went on the Crown last October. He LOVED going to "school" on the boat. He made friends & loved the "teachers" I took him to all ports with me so I am not sure about the hours on those days. On sea days I would take him a little after breakfast, pick him up for lunch, take him back for a few hrs, pick him back up for dinner and then either keep him or take him back for evening activities. A couple of nights I paid the extra cost and let them keep him until late. As I said, he loved it.

Archived