Best day for cocktail party

tracruise

I've got a group of friends going on a 10 night cruise and I want to give them a cocktail party. What would be the best night?

There are 2 sea days at the start, the first is a formal night the second, casual. I'm not sure whether to have it on the formal night or not. The time would be 5-6 and I thought maybe people would want more time to get ready for formal night. Having it on the next sea day, being casual I thought it would give them something to do rather than have it all on the same night.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks

I've got a group of friends going on a 10 night cruise and I want to give them a cocktail party. What would be the best night?

There are 2 sea days at the start, the first is a formal night the second, casual. I'm not sure whether to have it on the formal night or not. The time would be 5-6 and I thought maybe people would want more time to get ready for formal night. Having it on the next sea day, being casual I thought it would give them something to do rather than have it all on the same night.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks

If it were me I should give them a nice party at the start an icebreaker

a formal night appears ideal

assuming you are talking about an open bar through the cruise line you should consider your audience. I know my friends and I can do some damage at an open bar however we wouldn't want to show up on formal night drunk. If you party is the type that likes to drink and have fun then I agree early in the cruise as an ice breaker would be a good idea.

We always have our private parties on sea days if we can. Like said above, formal nights we want to get dressed and because we do like to have a few drinks would prefer not to do it that day. On a sea day, we can casually enjoy our party then scoot off to dinner instead of being rushed to get dolled up, or go to the Captain Party etc. Plus we often like to get formal pictures and the party would cut into that time as well.

We cruise with a group of family/friends about once a year and we have a wine before dinner party every single night :) We take turns. We pre-order the wine (RCI) and call room service and order a few fruit and cheese platters, plus have them deliver extra wine glasses.

A few times (if we want cocktails instead) we just meet at a specific bar and one party will host the bill.

Thanks for the replies. We're on Royal Caribbean and have the My Time dining so we don't need to work around that.

I think as most of you have said, with the formal night and captains party (do Royal do that too, I know Carnival do?), plus photos and getting ready, it may be better to have it the next day, which is also a sea day.

Thanks for the help.

Archived