Valencia

mscno

This has to be one of the nicest ports of call we have visited.

A highlight was a visit to the L’Oceanographic Aquarium. It is a beautiful facility The aquarium is the largest in Europe and is actually the third largest in the entire world. The aquarium is divided into two major sections. One section is comprised of fish and invertebrates and the second section is comprised of marine mammals.

The L’Oceanografic contains more than 45,000 examples of 500 different marine species. It has extensive underwater areas featuring sharks, beluga whales, walruses, sea lions, penguins and manta rays.

We saw a dolphin show and we walked several areas of the aquarium where we saw many species of fish, penguins, turtles, beluga whale and other sea creatures.

It is also adjacent to the City of Arts and Sciences This facility contains an opera house and performing arts center, a science museum, an IMAX cinema/planetarium, several restaurants and an oceanographic park. This entire area has a feel of Sydney, Australia in terms of its overall look.

I would also recommend heading down to the downtown area and to spend time in the old town area.

Keith

Thanks for the link samavarcruiser. I found it really helpful.

I managed to find all the places that I'm interested in seeing on a map (Plaz Ayuntamento and the City of Arts). there seems to be a tram and metro service as well as a bus. However my map doen't extend to the cruise terminal. Is there a metro stop near the port?

I don't think there was a stop there but I am not 100% sure.

Should I assume that the information I took the time to provide in the earlier post was not helpful? :confused:

So sorry keith I didn't mean to give you the impression that I thought the information wasn't useful - it really was and thanks for replying to me anyway (although I was not the OP but just butted in to the thread!)

Archived