Being a member of Cruise Critic

geocruiser

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way as I do about CC. Some reasons why I joined CC

1. A great place to talk about cruises- from planning to packing to going.

2. A place to seek help with travel plans

3. A place to make new online friends and new friends who you meet in person on board.

4. This I feel is important. It is a web site where I go when I need a break. This site helps me a long when things are not going so good. It seems to me to be more than just a web site about cruise ships.

So if you have any other reasons why you belong please list them.

Geo

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way as I do about CC. Some reasons why I joined CC

3. A place to make new online friends and new friends who you meet in person on board.

4. This I feel is important. It is a web site where I go when I need a break. This site helps me a long when things are not going so good. It seems to me to be more than just a web site about cruise ships.

Geo

Geo, I can only add:

1. The expertise of seasoned cruisers, is invaluable for me here.

Lots of threads about:

1. Dress codes

2. Chair hogs

3. Ships

4. Itineraries

5. Good times

6. No taking one selves too seriously

7. For the most part, good helpful people from around the globe

8. Good friends

You forgot #9 TRAYS!

Lots of mouthwatering threads about

1. Smoking

2. How the auto-tip is divided. (there's 309 versions) I say who cares?????

3. Jeans In The Dining room

4. Smokers on verandahs

5.Lack of trays in the Lido

6. Vegan meals (there's 417 ways to prepare a turnip)

7. How many burned out light bulbs were spotted on a cruise (sort of like playing the 'License Plate Game")

8. If the scented aroma showers are actually scented?

9.What kind of knick-knack chachka- I can affix to my cabin door that will do the least damage?

10.Is the aft pool really for adults?

and when all else fails

angelo.jpg

Free upgrades, complimentary drinks in the dining room, two shorex per cruise provided by HAL, all in my doc folder because I belong to CC.

I also have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Lots of threads about:

1. Dress codes

2. Chair hogs

3. Ships

4. Itineraries

5. Good times

6. No taking one selves too seriously

7. For the most part, good helpful people from around the globe

8. Good friends

Lots of mouthwatering threads about

1. Smoking

2. How the auto-tip is divided. (there's 309 versions) I say who cares?????

3. Jeans In The Dining room

4. Smokers on verandahs

5. Lack of trays in the Lido

6. Vegan meals (there's 417 ways to prepare a turnip)

7. How many burned out light bulbs were spotted on a cruise (sort of like playing the 'License Plate Game")

8. If the scented aroma showers are actually scented?

9. What kind of knick-knack chachka- I can affix to my cabin door that will do the least damage?

10.Is the aft pool really for adults?

and when all else fails

angelo.jpg

You disappoint me,

How could you leave out:

1. E-docs

2. Logo Chocolates

3. Smoking in the Ocean Bar

4. Missing Yum-Yum men (or Logo Picks, or chimes, or aft pools, or "The Way It Was")

5. Dance Music in the Ocean Bar

But also:

1. Pipedream's Photos

2. TomC's posts

3. The Rev Neal's photos & journals

4. Copper-10-8's comments

5. AND people who care about cruising (this means you, gentle reader)

r.

I come here to laugh out loud. Pipedream's list says it all....I'm very partial to the smoking threads, the auto tip threads, the threads where someone had an awful time, huh? I miss the barf guy though, where did he go? Ok, I also come here to get ignored.:) The best threads, in my opinion, are the troll threads. Hilarious. Sorry.

Geo

Among the varied reasons I come to CC (and have for so many years) is to see where HAL might be headed. Sometimes we know what they will be trying soon by the requests/comments and opinions we read here.

So many times we read, "Does HAL Offer Free Style Dining" and before long we started to read, "HAL now offers AYW Dining". :)

Of course, that is not always the case but it does happen sometimes.

Yes, the friends, reliable and not so reliable info, the cheerleaders vs the drive by trolls, the traditionalists vs the young, newer HAL cruisers, etc etc

Beats me how we managed to start our cruising, try different lines, go to a number of ships and cruise lines before I ever found the Internet! :D How on earth did we manage? ;)

I have, if I do say myself, become quite the Holland America whiz kid. Ask me anything! If it's happening aboard, or about to happen, or might happen, this crowd knows all about it and will have lots to say on the subject.:p

The truth is, even though I book through a travel agent for the convenience, I absolutely know more about HAL trends, traditions, news, and changes than she does. No brag, just fact. (She books mostly Royal Carib. and Carnival I suspect.)

Anyway, Cruise Critic members are smarties. Yea us.:D

This site is very rewarding for those of us who take our cruising seriously (in the sense of having fun not being fools). I have been able to book last minute excursions once I got the tip here that were sold out within 24 hours, gotten great advice on all sorts of miscellanea, been ROFLing too many times, and just enjoy the ongoing gregarious company.

harry

I come here to see Pipedream's photo's. LOL I also like it here because of all the information I've received about cruising. I have learned so much. I just loooove the sense of humour on here and usually have a good laugh. Thanks again to all the CC people for the answers for us first time cruisers.

I agree there are friends and much info on CC. And a lot of fun! Would love to hear more how CC fits into our lives. I find CC a place to take a break away from the day.

Donna,

Thank you for the kind words. We did have a great time at Trivia! Say "HI" to Jon from Tony and me.

Maria

I come to CC to see what the "issue du jour" is. ;) I discovered this site back in 2001, and found that lots of people had lots of great information to help me be informed. It's sort of like being an "insider," knowing what's happening, what not to miss, what to forget about, etc.

Oh, and friends. Lots of great people I've later met onboard or hope to some day.

Archived