Being a member of Cruise Critic

geocruiser

I participate for many, if not most, of the reasons mentioned above, but also for the same reason I go out to vote.

I assume that HAL more or less follows this site to see what a segment of it's passengers think about various issues that come up. I doubt that our collective opinion have much weight in the balance, but even a very small weight is better than none.

Of course, each of us personally plays only a tiny part in that very small weight, but I vote for presidential candidates even though I have even less effect on the outcome. In both cases, I feel that if I don't participate, I endanger my right to complain when things don't go well.

Our next cruise will be our first on HAL. I come here to find all that I can about it.

However, if you frequent other message boards and mention them here, your post's will be pulled(that didn't happen to me). I guess that CC is a business and that's their policy.

Otherwise I enjoy all the info that this board has to offer.

jack

However, if you frequent other message boards and mention them here, your post's will be pulled(that didn't happen to me). I guess that CC is a business and that's their policy.
Yes. Just like a Walmart sign placed in a K-Mart. No business wants to promote the idea that their customers go visit a competitor.

:)i come here because of all the wonderful people here. A very kind and caring group. The very best.

ask suse what c c means when you need a friend. A great group of people and a great resouce for travellers. Happy sailing alsas

I like it here because you can find out important INFO like the rules for flying kites while wearing a t-back on my scooter as I check my crab traps and fishing lines I have tied to the handrails on the fantail...................I found out right here that you can't shoot clay pigeons from the AFT POOL............ although wouldn't that be a blast to bust clays smashing some beers. I can see it now hunters in camo riding scooters with gun racks chewing beachnut earning DAM dollars for every time they shoot a turkey...................ok enough coffee for me today..................

I come for most of the same reasons listed by all of the previous posters.

I have found the Roll Call to be a wonderful opportunity for planning and information.......and just KNOWING there will be friends onboard when the cruise begins.

I also totally appreciated the support I received on CC when I was having a difficult issue with my cruise......that meant more to me than I can even say.

I also enjoy sometimes just being silly and bantering with CC friends.

Our next cruise will be our first on HAL. I come here to find all that I can about it.

Otherwise I enjoy all the info that this board has to offer.

jack

Your last name wouldn't happen to be 'van Coevorden', a once retired, then returned, currently active once again HAL cruise ship captain, would it...........smilin' Jack?;)

I visit CC daily just to connect with folks who UNDERSTAND why I weep over cruise brochures, especially when they're from HAL. I have learned much and laughed hard and have met (and lost) some extraordinary people here on Cruise Critic.

Mrs M

I come here and get answers to questions I never even thought to ask. LOTS of info.

Humor, too.

NM Lady

Pending: 2010 14-Day Alaska Cruise; HAL Amsterdam

2008 Transatlantic/British Isles ~ NCL Jewel

2007 British Isles ~ Celebrity Century

Transatlantic ~ Oceania Regatta

2006 Hawaii HAL ~ Zaandam

Panama Canal ~ NCL Sun

2005 Belize/Roatan ~ NCL

Around the Boot of Italy ~ Radisson Diamond

Transatlantic ~ Oceania Insignia

2004 Caribbean ports ~ RCCL Empress of the Seas

Cayman, Jamaica ~ Carnival Ecstasy

Transatlantic ~ Century Millenium

2001 Mexican Riviera ~ NCL

2000 Bahamas ~ Carnival Ecstasy

1999 Caribbean ~ RCCL Nordic Empress (before remodel to Empress of the Seas)

Archived