Constellation -please tell

swigso

Hi to all,

We will be cruising on the Connie in Feb 2010, never having sailed on her can you recent and past passengers please post an insight as to how the ship is, the good and the not so.

We have sailed on the Summit 3 times and love that ship does the Connie offer equal service and such.

All you comments will be most welcome.

Hi to all,

We have sailed on the Summit 3 times and love that ship does the Connie offer equal service and such.

In a word......YES! We have been on Summit once (really liked it), and Constellation three times. We love that ship and the personnel aboard. You will be well looked after.

It does not have the glitz of the new builds but she is an "elegant lady", with a superior layout and a fantastic crew. We have sailed in Constellation 7 times already and have several more planned for this year. The itinerary is great. Enjoy. Many still consider her the flagship of the fleet.

We can only add our recommendation to the comments already given..we are doing another B2B on Constellation October/ November after a wonderful B2B earlier in the year ..the staff aboard particularly were top notch. We prefer the M class ships for several reasons and have sailed on many alternative choices both in cruiseline and other Celebrity ships..unless things aboard have changed drastically since March (this year) you should not be disappointed.

We are booked for the Panana Canal on the Constellation for January 17 out of San Diego. All of who has previous sailed on the Constellation - could you tell me if the cabin doors are metal. I love decorating the doors and it makes it easier if I know if the doors are metal, so a magnet works. Thanks. :)

We are booked for the Panana Canal on the Constellation for January 17 out of San Diego. All of who has previous sailed on the Constellation - could you tell me if the cabin doors are metal. I love decorating the doors and it makes it easier if I know if the doors are metal, so a magnet works. Thanks. :)

Nope. I am quite sure they are wooden.

To the OP, we have cruised Connie 10 times and she is our favorite, especially the CREW!

And don't miss Perry Grant in the Michaels Club. We used to skip dessert in the evening just to be able to get into the Michaels club each evening to see/hear him. You will

love your cruise.

I will join the chorus in saying the Connie is our favorite ship, so far. We've sailed on her four times. We're eager to try Solstice and Equinox, but haven't done it yet. Perry Grant is a big plus for us, although I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea. We just got off the Infinity and Michaels Club there was incredibly boring (and empty) compared to the Michael's Club with Perry on the Connie.

Sheila

Hi to all,

We will be cruising on the Connie in Feb 2010, never having sailed on her can you recent and past passengers please post an insight as to how the ship is, the good and the not so.

All you comments will be most welcome.

We have sailed on the Connie 4 times; the last was a three week cruise in March/April of this year. She is a wonderful ship; the staff and crew make your stay on her an absolute pleasure. You will really enjoy her. If you like the specialty restaurants, be sure to go to Oceanliners. They really do a wonderful job there. The Connie is our favorite ship.

They are metal. We used a door sign on our cruise in March made out of magnetic paper, and it worked great.

We were on the Connie twice (05 and March this year), and love her and the excellent crew. The dinning staff was great along with our room steward, could not ask for better service.

We also like to decorate our door because it helps us recognize our room along the long hallway, and we get lots of questions about the decorations. The wife said the door was metal.

Enjoy your cruise!

We loved the Constellation this summer - the crew is terrific, you'll be looked after so well! The food is the best we've had anywhere - we couldnt fault the quality or the quantity ( we couldnt decide between the beef wellington and the lobster on our last formal night -so Elvis our waiter brought them both!! :D).

We were only disappointed in the entertainment on our baltic cruise - the musical evenings were good ( male singer, female singer, male guitarist, female violinist) , but the juggler/comedian was dreadful. I would have liked to see a magician, perhaps, instead of all the musical stuff.

The itinerary on the baltic cruise is marvellous - I recommend doing an independently booked tour of St Petersburg though, not the ship's tour. ( And personally, I wouldnt get off the ship again for Helsinki.)

And the sailaway from Warmenunde is lovely!

I hope you enjoy your voyage as much as I did!

Sand Girl, come join our roll call thread for this cruise and sign up for the connections party. You will have an opportunity to see other types of cabins, as we are planning a cabin crawl after the connections party.

I have not sailed the Constellation yet, but have sailed her sister ship, Millennium, and expect things to be the same on the Constellation--good!

As for whether or not the doors are metal, I think it depends on your cabin class and location. I'm pretty sure the doors in suiteland are wood, although I've never put them to the test. My guess is the rest are metal, and that has been pretty much confirmed by other posters here.

Although we sailed Summit 4 times and she still is our favorite, we did sail with Susie this past March, 1st time on Consetellation. She's a beautiful ship and we're booked in 2011 again. Hflors - come join us, the Martini Gang/Posse who have sailed together quite a few times, will be doing the 14 night out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Ultimate (Eastern) Caribbean. :D

We've booked almost all of the aft cabins so they might not be available but still, this is a wonderful ship, the crew was excellent and the dining service beyond excellent.

You won't go wrong with this ship. Of course, we loved the Century Class and are sailing Mercury in March but not many of those are left, or Zenith and Horizon.:( Loved them also.

Pat C

As for whether or not the doors are metal, I think it depends on your cabin class and location. I'm pretty sure the doors in suiteland are wood, although I've never put them to the test. My guess is the rest are metal, and that has been pretty much confirmed by other posters here.

Oh, I think you are right, but having never stayed in suiteland, I wouldn't know! :rolleyes: But they definitely look like wood!

Archived