? about disembarking from RC Mariner of the Seas

theworms

Hello all -

I've been lurking here for a little while and thanks for all the great info.

I finally got the courage to post.

My cruise is supposed to arrive in port of LA at 7am next sunday. How long is the disembarking process?

I have a supershuttle scheduled to pick us up at 9:45am, is that too early?

Thanks.

ML

It really depends on the particular sailing. I've sailed out of that port seven times and been off as early as 8:30 but have also been stuck until 11:00 am due to some kind of immigration issue. Usually the shuttle services will give you about a one hour window and in most instances you should be off by 9:45. I'm not familiar with RCI's process but on Princess if you have flights booked earlier and need to be off early you can get moved up in the pecking order. Also on Princess, after those with early flights, special needs, elite and suite folks, they usually start from the top of the ship and work their way down. So you might post on the RCI boards and ask what their process is.

Enjoy your cruise

Since you won't know until the morning of your disembarkation (and RC won't know either), you may want to double check with Supershuttle as to how they handle reservations. Most likely they'll have several vehicles there to pick up passengers, so you might not be booked for a specific van.

On our last cruise (the Island Princess), the customs and immigration officers boarded late so the process started about an hour late. We were just getting picked up by a car service to drive us home so I had arranged for a 10am pick up. When that looked like it wasn't going to happen, I called the dispatcher for that company and they said "no problem," the car will circle around the World Cruise Center until you call from the shuttle pickup island.

So I suggest bringing the dispatcher number for Supershuttle so if you look like you won't make the prearranged time, you can keep them informed. (don't forget you also have to get your baggage and get it over to the pick up area)

I agree with the other posts.

Take the number for super shuttle with you so you know how to reach them. Be sure you verify the correct number. You will get a sense that morning how the disembarkation is going as to whether you will be off the ship on time. Just call them if you see a problem.

A big variable is getting the ship cleared. Sometimes there are sufficient personnel who come on board to clear the ship and also that the passengers all show up at the appropriate times to meet with these personnel. And sometimes it doesn't go well. Hopefully, yours will.

Have a great time.

Keith

You most likely will not be the only one using that company that morning, so they will know that there is a delay and wait for you to disembark, but its a good idea to be able to call to confirm that you are on board and waiting for clearance.

op- all the advice so far is good...have you considered doing self debark? (you keep your luggage with you and walk off the ship when they say to)

we did that in april and were off the ship by 830 or 9 am , it is kind of a rat race , but it goes by fast

we were driving down the highway by 930 ,so maybe that will work for you

(we dont like waiting for our luggage or our number to be called)

dave

Archived