RCCL's New Price Guarantee Program

Loyal2RCCL

Here's the info on RCCL's new Price Guarantee Program:

OVERVIEW:

Our Price Guarantee is our commitment to you.When guests book with Royal Caribbean through your travel agency and subsequently find a lower fare advertised by Royal Caribbean, we will honor that rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to the price difference. (Terms and conditions apply. See FAQs for full details.) For reservations outside of the final payment period,

onboard credit may be replaced upon request with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund as applicable. For guests booked into qualifying group space outside of the final payment period, we will provide the onboard credit, reduce the outstanding balance or refund the amount due via the same method used to originally make payment.

Requests for price adjustments must be received by the cruise line at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for the cruise. The lower fare must be available at the time the request for

rate conversion is made and not limited to new bookings only.

You can recognize the Price Guarantee program by the following logo:

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:

• No forms

• Book anytime - guests are protected up until 72 hours prior to departure

• Outside of final payment = Upgrade, onboard credit or price reduction (refund if applicable)

• Inside final payment = Upgrade or onboard credit

For our consumer-facing program overview

©2009

More Info:

FAQs

What is the Price Guaranteeprice protection program?

If your customers book a cruise through you with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower fare advertised by Royal Caribbean, we will honor that rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to the price difference. For reservations outside of the final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request,

as a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund as applicable.

What should I do if my customer finds a lower rate?

Simply call a Royal Caribbean representative to have your guest’s onboard credit applied. There are no forms to fill out. The adjustment will be made to their reservation. Onboard credits will be applied to the first and second guest on the reservation for the full amount of the price difference unless otherwise requested at the time of application. If you prefer, your guest will also be given the option of upgrading their stateroom based on availability and price paid. Outside of final payment period, they also have the option to have their price reduced to the lower rate.

When can Imake a reservation for my guest?

Anytime! Royal Caribbean’s Price Guaranteeprice protection applies anytime between booking and 72 hours prior to sailing as long as they are eligible for the new lower rate. Use this programtomake their reservation early to give your customer the best choice of staterooms and departures. That way you and your guest can rest easy knowing

that we will adjust their price should we lower our rates.

When can I call for Price Guarantee price protection?

Anytime between initial reservation and 72 hours prior to departure of the sailing. The new rate must be available at the time of request for conversion and no conversions will be made after departure.

Are Groups bookings eligible to receive the Price Guarantee price protection?

Bookings that are part of an affinity or promotional group (non-contracted only) and that are both fully named and deposited may take advantage of the Price Guarantee price protection program. However, price protection will not be available within 70 days of the sailing date if payment in full has not been received for the applicable booking

within the group.

Are the Onboard Credits refundable if not used onboard?

Yes, the onboard credits are refundable..

What are the Terms & Conditions for Individual and Qualifying Group Bookings?

Programapplies only to individual bookings or to affinity and promotional group bookings (non-contracted)made in the fifty U.S. states and Canada. For individual berths within a qualifying group booking, the guest booked at a

higher fare can receive the difference between that fare and a lower fare advertised or offered by the applicable Cruise Line in the form of an onboard cruise credit. For reservations outside of final payment period, upon request the difference will be refunded back to the original payment source. Requests for adjustments must be received by the cruise line at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled sailing date for the cruise. The lower fare must be a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only. If the lower rate is available under any of the following special price programs, it shall not be available under the Price Guarantee program: Royal Sales Event; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs. The Price Guarantee program does not apply to any charter arrangements nor does it apply to any space that sold to a third party for resale. Travel Agent commission will not be protected on reductions in cruise fare that result in an onboard credit or refund. Price Guarantee does not apply to government taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement charges. The Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or modified at any time without prior notice and shall be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law.

©

More Info:

FAQs

What is the

Price Guaranteeprice protection program?

If your customers book a cruise through you with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower fare advertised by Royal Caribbean, we will honor that rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to the price difference. For reservations outside of the final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request,

as a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund as applicable.

What should I do if my customer finds a lower rate?

Simply call a Royal Caribbean representative to have your guest’s onboard credit applied. There are no forms to fill out. The adjustment will be made to their reservation. Onboard credits will be applied to the first and second guest on the reservation for the full amount of the price difference unless otherwise requested at the time of application. If you prefer, your guest will also be given the option of upgrading their stateroom based on availability and price paid. Outside of final payment period, they also have the option to have their price reduced to the lower rate.

When can Imake a reservation for my guest?

Anytime! Royal Caribbean’s

Price Guaranteeprice protection applies anytime between booking and 72 hours prior to sailing as long as they are eligible for the new lower rate. Use this programtomake their reservation early to give your customer the best choice of staterooms and departures. That way you and your guest can rest easy knowing

that we will adjust their price should we lower our rates.

When can I call for

Price Guarantee price protection?

Anytime between initial reservation and 72 hours prior to departure of the sailing. The new rate must be available at the time of request for conversion and no conversions will be made after departure.

Are Groups bookings eligible to receive the

Price Guarantee price protection?

Bookings that are part of an affinity or promotional group (non-contracted only) and that are both fully named and deposited may take advantage of the

Price Guarantee price protection program. However, price protection will not be available within 70 days of the sailing date if payment in full has not been received for the applicable booking

within the group.

Are the Onboard Credits refundable if not used onboard?

Yes, the onboard credits are refundable..

What are the Terms & Conditions for Individual and Qualifying Group Bookings?

Programapplies only to individual bookings or to affinity and promotional group bookings (non-contracted)made in the fifty U.S. states and Canada. For individual berths within a qualifying group booking, the guest booked at a

higher fare can receive the difference between that fare and a lower fare advertised or offered by the applicable Cruise Line in the form of an onboard cruise credit. For reservations outside of final payment period, upon request the difference will be refunded back to the original payment source. Requests for adjustments must be received by the cruise line at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled sailing date for the cruise. The lower fare must be a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only. If the lower rate is available under any of the following special price programs, it shall not be available under the

Price Guarantee program: Royal Sales Event; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs. The Price Guarantee program does not apply to any charter arrangements nor does it apply to any space that sold to a third party for resale. Travel Agent commission will not be protected on reductions in cruise fare that result in an onboard credit or refund. Price Guarantee does not apply to government taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement charges. The Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or modified at any time without prior notice and shall be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law.

©

All been posted days ago. Where have you been?

Ah-ha!!!

There's always a "gotcha" and here it is:

The lower fare must be a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only.

Wonder how many folks will miss this little catch????:D

Ah-ha!!!

There's always a "gotcha" and here it is:

The lower fare must be a) available for the same ship' date=' sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only.

Wonder how many folks will miss this little catch????:D

I noticed that because that is how it has been all along. Many passengers though, don't want to believe that part.

Speaking of price guarantees...

Going on a cruise in a couple weeks; we had four balconies and one interior.

We upgraded the interior to a balcony for $45/pp and we saved a little over $250/pp on on the other balcony rooms....WOOOHOO! :D

So we saved $2000 and upgraded a room!!!!!

This is about the fourth thread with the same information. I hope that they merge these. :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1052277

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1053947

But I hate when they merge threads! The software merges them chronologically, and since most people don't quote the post to which they are responding, it is IMPOSSIBLE to follow a merged thread! There is NO continuity or logical sequence.

JMO, of course. ;)

For those that found my post helpful and those that gained additional information in my post-- you're most welcome!!

For those who got their panties in a wad because it's been posted before-- get over it... this isn't the first time the same topic has been posted numerous times on these boards... Just do a search for Diamond C&A benefits, Jeans in the MDR etc.. If you were aware of this info, why did you feel the need to read my post. :confused:

For those that found my post helpful and those that gained additional information in my post-- you're most welcome!!

For those who got their panties in a wad because it's been posted before-- get over it... this isn't the first time the same topic has been posted numerous times on these boards... Just do a search for Diamond C&A benefits, Jeans in the MDR etc.. If you were aware of this info, why did you feel the need to read my post. :confused:

BRAVO!!

Thanks for the info - I missed it before too but then again I'm not on here almost everyday, posting all the time!!

Now look whos panties are bunched

Thanks for posting from me too !! I appreciate it. :)

Archived