Princess train: Ancorage to Denali

JWJs

It matters not which side you are seated on. What does matter to some people is being told to take an assigned seat that faces backwards and to share a table with strangers.

If this is a concern you might want to book with HAL instead. All of their seats face forward like a bus. The dining room is in the lower section of the car and the tables are there.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.bully4.us/ct3.html for a picture of the McKinley Explorer cars on HAL.

Have a GREAT cruise!

If this is a concern you might want to book with HAL instead. All of their seats face forward like a bus. The dining room is in the lower section of the car and the tables are there.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.bully4.us/ct3.html for a picture of the McKinley Explorer cars on HAL.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks everyone for your comments re: seating, viewing etc.

R & M: Enjoyed your link to pix. Bumpy, cloudy skies, driver's camera shots and yours. Food sounds yummy.

JIM J - Kansas

When you book the train on your own and not through Hal or Princess or Royal Caribbean and you want to do the Dome Train from Anchorage to Seward what is the set-up like ? Seats all facing forward like a bus, tables with some facing forward some facing backwards? How does it work?

Jimbo:)

When you book the train on your own and not through Hal or Princess or Royal Caribbean and you want to do the Dome Train from Anchorage to Seward what is the set-up like ? Seats all facing forward like a bus, tables with some facing forward some facing backwards? How does it work?

Jimbo:)

All forward seats. The dome car is open. You have a 30 minute limit on seating time, if people are waiting for seats. For me, depending what side I get- from Seward, I want the right side, on the Arm I want the left. From Anchorage, I want the right side through the Arm, then switching to the left. The vestibules are also open for great viewing. Be flexable and enjoy the ride. :) Even on the "other" sides, viewing is still good.

Archived