Which ship?

Avril

I was just wondering which HAL ship I should try next!! :D I'm 25 and have sailed on HAL twice (both times on the Eurodam). The 1st time was a 7 day Caribbean and the 2nd was a 16 day Northern Isles Adventure/Transatlantic. I think it's time for me to broden my horizons and try another ship. I'd probably be looking to sail in the Caribbean and definatly looking for an upbeat nightlife (disco/dance club, piano bar, deck parties, pub crawls, etc). I just loved the Eurodam, she's a beautiful ship and the service was outstanding both times so I'm probably looking for a ship somewhat like her. I'd probably want to sail out of either Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Any ideas?

Also a Mariner's Society question. I have 23 days at sea with HAL so far. Will I get my 25 day pin on my next cruise or the one after (since technicly, I won't have completed 25 days until after my next one)?

Thanks!!!! :D

We have only saild the Maasdam and are going on our second cruise with them. So I guess I would be really biased to say the Maasdam is the best! But they go out of Ft. Lauderdale. Good question about the pin....we will have had 28 days at sea when we finish this coming cruise. So I wonder the same thing.

We have only saild the Maasdam and are going on our second cruise with them. So I guess I would be really biased to say the Maasdam is the best! But they go out of Ft. Lauderdale. Good question about the pin....we will have had 28 days at sea when we finish this coming cruise. So I wonder the same thing.

What kinds of daytime activites (at the pool - pool games' date=' hairy chest contests, ship building, etc, dance lessions, mixology classes, etc) did they have and what was the nightlife like on the Maasdam? Also, what was the average age onboard (not that it really matters, I can get along with anybody from 1 to 100)? Sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale is fine with me!! :D [/size']

If you already have 28 days, you should get your pin on your next HAL cruise!! :D

Avril,

I agree with KK -- you would probably like the Vista class ships better than the smaller ones. They are very similar to Eurodam, minus the Tamarind/Silk Den, the Lido cabanas and not quite as many cabins, but have vary similar facilities and activities, including the disco. I don't think I've ever seen a hairy chest contest on a HAL ship (which is one reason I sail HAL), but have seen shipbuilding contests, mixology classes, etc. If you liked Eurodam, I think you will like Noordam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam.

The "S" and "R" class ships, like Maasdam and Rotterdam, are smaller than the Vistas, and Prinsendam is smaller still.

So far as your pin question, it has been our experience that we receive the pin/medallion during the cruise in which we attained the requisite number of days. That means that if you already have 23 days on HAL, you should receive your 25-day pin on your next HAL cruise.

Dave

As I read your post, I would say try a VISTA CLASS SHIP: I have heard many good things about the NOORDAM which is the newest Vista Class Ship. The Eurodam is similar but a bit bigger than the VISTA Ships. I personally prefer the R Class Ships but I am no longer in my twenties--far far from it!

For you, I would recommend the Noordam. It's very similar to the E-dam, and is considered by many to be the best of the Vista class. Everything on her just seems "right".

If you can't find an itinerary on her that appeals to you, then try a different Vista class ship.

You should get your 25-day pin on your next cruise, as that is the one on which you will have sailed 25 days.

I have to pitch in with Himself and RuthC and recommend the Noordam. I have been on the Noordam, the Westerdam and the Zuiderdam, and the Noordam was my favourite of the three. I can't even tell you why, since they are so very similar, just something about the Noordam felt "right" to me. So much so, that I am about to book my second Noordam cruise in February.

Bonnie

I had no idea about a 25 day pin-well after my next cruise I will have 23 days on HAL-(but a 100 days total on a cruise ship) I guess I will have to wait until cruise # 4. Oh well-I hope I get a nice trivet? tile!

I also think the OP will like the Vista class better. I have been on 2 ships, the Statendam and the Westerdam, and I much preferred the Westerdam. My daughter who is around the OP's age, also much preferred the Westerdam. She spent a lot of time in the disco and doing karaoke.

I'd try any Vista-class ship; you really can't go wrong with them. I've been on the Veendam twice, and while it's a beautiful ship, I wouldn't take the S-Class looking for a lot of nightlife.

I recieved my 25-day HAL pin at the end of our Alaska cruise a few years back. I had 20-some odd days when we boarded, and crossed the 25-day mark during the cruise. If you're at 23 days when you board, you should recieve your 25 day Mariner Pin before the end of the cruise!

Archived