Navigator News on Drydock

WesW

Have not verified this, but wanted to post, is on most major cruise

twitter posts:

ATTN:If you/clients booked on Regent Seven Seas Navigator, ALL sailings canceled 10/30-12/28. Contact RSSC asap. #cruise

Another post says:

RSSC will sub 27nt transatl frm Capetown/FLL, space is limited. Commission protected. :-) Crystal & Seabourn good alternatives @buycruises

For those on the Navigator in December, recommend you call your TA or Regent soonest.

That information seems to be confirmed on Regent's website. In the "Find a Cruise" function there are no listings for Navigator in November, and the only one in December is a 12/28 departure from FLL on an Eastern Carribbean itinerary.

"Have not verified this, but wanted to post, is on most major cruise

twitter posts".

Wes, how is this unverified and therefore somewhat less that useful bit of information to be dealt with by anyone? Are twitter posts now the most accepted mode of transferring reliable information upon which people may make decisions? All things considered, that sounds much more like the basis upon which high school girls make decisions. (Okay, okay, I admit that I am a major luddite with respect to tweeting and similar trivial social networking devices.) Nonetheless, perhaps it would be prudent to cite information from genuine sources, rather than comments drawn from the tweeting blogosphere.

Happily residing in luddite land (and not trying to pitch Silversea at every possible occasion, even though I love the line and will cruise on it again if the itinerary is right),

Cheers, Fred

The "new" drydock news was cancellation of cruises post 15 Dec -28 Dec..see post

below.....my TA was calling her clients in the morning yesterday about the christmas

Navigator cruise cancellation..thus, as most posts on CC, this was designed to inform.

#44 August 20th, 2009, 08:59 AM

bythehills

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jun 2009

Navigator going into dry dock November 15 to December 15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got an e-mail from Regent late last night. They have cancelled all of the Navigator cruises from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15. The Navigator is going into dry dock much earlier than planned. Their "offer" to those of us being cancelled is either a $500 per person credit on a 2010 cruise...OR we can cruise for no extra charge on the Navigator, same itinerary on either February 2 or February 19. I am REALLY mad!!!! I think their offer is ridiculous. We booked our air on our own...and have change fees, etc.

I understood that the delay from Dec 18 to Dec 28 was the "news" in the OP's post. What surprised me, and leads me to wonder about the accuracy, was the report that Navigator would sail a 27 day cruise from Capetown to Fort Lauderdale. Counting back, such a cruise would have to leave Capetown on Dec 1, and it would have to somehow get from the German shipyard to Capetown by Dec 1, even though it is not scheduled to leave the shipyard until Dec 15.

Earlier reports were that Navigator would hightail it from Germany to Fort Lauderdale, sans passengers, by Dec 18. That seemed optimistic to me; perhaps that schedule has slipped and that's why there is a report of no sailings until Dec 28.

The "new" drydock news was cancellation of cruises post 15 Dec -28 Dec..see post

below.....my TA was calling her clients in the morning yesterday about the christmas

Navigator cruise cancellation..thus, as most posts on CC, this was designed to inform.

#44 August 20th, 2009, 08:59 AM

bythehills

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jun 2009

Navigator going into dry dock November 15 to December 15.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got an e-mail from Regent late last night. They have cancelled all of the Navigator cruises from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15. The Navigator is going into dry dock much earlier than planned. Their "offer" to those of us being cancelled is either a $500 per person credit on a 2010 cruise...OR we can cruise for no extra charge on the Navigator, same itinerary on either February 2 or February 19. I am REALLY mad!!!! I think their offer is ridiculous. We booked our air on our own...and have change fees, etc.

Colonel Wes: As a LTC, I couldn't agree more. We've been loyal to RSSC since its inception. Booked this cruise onboard Navigator years ago to get specific cabin for this sailing. Feb cruises don't work for my schedule. Tried to transfer booking to same cruise (7 night Thanksgiving, but on Voyager) for 2010, and was quoted a higher price (after all discounts) for a lower cabin category. No consideration given to my planned 2009 Thanksgiving vacation cruise being cancelled on such short notice. I guess that this is the same corporate mentality that lists STARTING brochure fares at $8595 for a 7 night Caribbean cruise!

Good luck to RSSC. We'll look for a luxury product that values our loyal repeat business more than this.

What is "not the Regent of past" in this matter? This whole thread is related to several "twitter" messages that give no reliable or new information whatever and only seem to create confusion. Of what use are quotes from some un-named sources, with no context cited, that make fairly hysterical statements about what Regent may or may not have done and may or may not have offered in compensation?

While recognizing the fact that Wes likes to be the first bearer of news, perhaps he might like to filter or vet it a bit, in order to give it a measure of credibility. (Or, perhaps, like many of us who are retired, he just has a lot of time on his hands - and on his keyboard.)

Cheers, Fred

Just my $.02 worth: we started sailing on the inaugural Navigator in 1999 and it isn't the same product now as it was. If the Carlsons were still in charge things would have been much different for those who were outed of their cruises. I could tell you stories about how minor things like missing a port were handled. But, sadly, that was in the past.

But I still get warm fuzzies when I board the ship and feel "home."

What is "not the Regent of past" in this matter? This whole thread is related to several "twitter" messages that give no reliable or new information whatever and only seem to create confusion. Of what use are quotes from some un-named sources, with no context cited, that make fairly hysterical statements about what Regent may or may not have done and may or may not have offered in compensation?

While recognizing the fact that Wes likes to be the first bearer of news, perhaps he might like to filter or vet it a bit, in order to give it a measure of credibility. (Or, perhaps, like many of us who are retired, he just has a lot of time on his hands - and on his keyboard.)

Cheers, Fred

Fred:

With all due respect, I think you missed the point. I believe that ColonelWes has, and know that I have FIRST PERSON knowledge of this, as we were booked on a cancelled cruise. I take offense that you might label my comments as "hysterical." Bottom line is that RSSC's Future Cruise Credit does not compensate for 2010 price increases should one wish to rebook, neverminding out-of-pocket expenses associated with cancellation of travel plans for this year's sailing. Unlike you, I am not retired, and cannot change my schedule to sail on the two alternatives offered by RSSC in February. In the interest of "filtering" or "vetting a bit", here is the verbiage sent to my TA:

August 19, 2009

Dear Travel Partner:

As you may know, Regent Seven Seas Cruises had scheduled the Seven Seas Navigator for

her regularly-scheduled dry-dock this coming January in Charleston, South Carolina. We have

just been informed by the shipyard that due to unforeseen circumstances, the regularly

scheduled dry-dock cannot be accommodated as planned.

We have therefore made the decision to accelerate the dry-docking of the vessel to take place

between November 15th and December 15th in Bremerhaven, Germany at the Lloyd Werft

shipyard where the planned work will be completed. The ship will operate its published

schedule through November 8.

Unfortunately, this decision entails the cancellation of your clients’ cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.

We are pleased to offer two attractive alternative cruises your valued clients may wish to

consider. We would like to extend to them an offer to sail on EITHER itinerary below for no

additional charge for the cruise portion of their vacation.

Option 1:

· Seven Seas Navigator for 7 nights

· Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip

· February 2-9, 2010

Option 2:

· Seven Seas Navigator for 7 nights

· Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip

· February 19-26, 2010

Should neither of these alternatives fit into their vacation plans, we will issue a full refund of

their cruise fare, and a Future Cruise Credit of:

· $1,000 per person (up to a maximum of $2,000 per suite) for those booked in suite

categories MS through NS

· $500 per person (up to a maximum of $1,000 per suite) for those booked in suite

categories A through H

The Future Cruise Credit is good for any Regent Seven Seas voyage departing prior to

December 31, 2010.

We kindly ask that you contact reservations by the end of business on Monday, August 31st.

Any outstanding reservations that are in active status at that time will automatically be

cancelled, a refund will be processes, and the Future Cruise Credit(s) will be issued. Payments

made via credit card may take 4 - 6 weeks processing time depending on your merchant bank.

Check refunds will be issued the week of August 31st, please allow 7 - 10 business days for

mailing.

Naturally, we will be protecting your commission on deposited bookings, and in addition, you will

receive your regular commission if you are able to re-book your clients on another voyage

aboard Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Navigator or Seven Seas Voyager.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the disappointment this news may cause your

clients and for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience, understanding and patronage

of Regent Seven Seas Cruises.

In the meantime, should you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us at (800) 285

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Copdoc - Please accept my apologies if you thought that I was labeling your comments as "hysterical", as I was not referring to your post. Rather, my point, clearly not well made, was that a couple of posts appeared to be merely quoting other posts or "tweets" without any context or first hand knowledge. Further, as is evident in your post, most of this matter arose about a month ago and has been discussed at great length in other threads. Finally, I absolutely recognize the great inconvenience that has been caused to many people by Regent having been forced to change the Navigator drydock. Cheers, Fred

Archived