Ship to Airport Times

Shopinpat

If a ship (Diamond) gets into port at 6:00 a.m what would be the earliest time one could make a flight out of Syd? The flight would be from Syd to Cairns.. I do know that circumstances may arise but would I be safe to

book a flight that leaves at 9:30 a.m.???

Thanks

Pat

That departure time is too early for comfort in my opionion. You would make it if every possible step worked in your favour, starting from getting the earliest departure (unlikely as it's not a ship arranged connecting flight) to getting your luggage quickly, getting through Customs quickly, getting transit quickly and having no traffic issues (you are travelling at peak time) and checking in quickly (you are checking in at peak time).

If I were in that situation though, I'd be looking for a flight around 11 a.m.+ as it just gives you more flexibility and less stress if there are any delays in anything along the way.

Big M,

Have you ever booked a flight using Zuji? It is my understanding that it is out of Australia and Asia. It seems like it is a link with travelocity but I have not heard of anyone using them. The prices are better thats for sure.

Thanks

pat

We have used Zuji to book out tickets to Europe next week. All seems well booking is there on Sinapore Air's website. It is a bigger one here, and actually if we go to travelocity.com from an Australian computer it comes up with a splash screen saying to we want to go to the Aussie site - Zuji.

Suggest you leave lots of time. "Ship" happens. Had a 14:00 flight from Sydney to US. Engine trouble delayed our arrival. Disembarkation wasn't till 11:00. Get bags, go through customs, get cab, check in. Whew! Made it but was a wreck. Eliminate the stress and enjoy.

Carole

You can save a lot of time by carrying your luggage from the ship. In this case you don't have to worry about when Princess schedules your departure. You can just walk off. (Easy for me to say because as a rule we only travel with carry on bags - no checked in luggage) I am planning on booking on 9:30 flight from Sydney to Cairns when our cruise ends in Sydney.

I heard there is no self-embarkation in Sydney or are you talking about disembarking with everyone else. You still have to go through customs. You might want to rethink you 9:30 flight. You are talking about 9:30 am flight right:confused::confused:

Hello..

For those passengers with early morning flights..Princess does expediate disembarkation if they know about the early flights..We saw passengers disembarking @ 5am in Barcelona..

We too have an early flight from Sydney to Cairns and plan to carry our luggage off the ship/get through customs and immigration..then take the train to the airport..

Carol

You are correct...There are times when the ship is delayed..

There ARE exceptions to the information shared on these boards..A decision to accept or reject advice or suggestions should be at the individual's decreation..Always good to have "Plan B" in place..

Carol

Archived