balmoral 12th dec anyone going?

seabourndt

no tickets yet not sure if fred olsen are sending them or ships monthly. he saud they are going by courier at the end of the week. hope i am in or will have to chase them up. thanks about the dress nights. looking forward to balmoral a lot. will be packing warm clothes.

dave

Hi Dave.

I'm sailing on the Braemar on 11 dec.

My tickets came last week so I should certainly make a few calls to chase them up.

Don't know if it makes any differance but we book direct with Fred and so they would have come direct to us and not via a travel agent.

Anyway enjoy your cruise, I know we will.

Rick.

enjoy braemar my 1st cruise was on her but she was CROWN DYNASTY for cunard then, i went to alaska. been on her before? be interested any differences since they lenthened her. actually i booked it via a magazine ships montyhly so they are sending the tickets out as a group. they said they will not be sent out till next week now.

dave

I would guess our dress code would be as follows

December 2009

Sat 12 Late PM Dover = Casual

Sun 13 Sea Day = Formal

Mon 14 Early PM Late Night Copenhagen, Denmark = Theme

Tue 15 Early PM Late Night Kiel Canal Transit = Theme

Wed 16 Early AM Late Night Hamburg, Germany = Theme

Thur 17 Sea Day = Formal

Fri 18 Early AM Late PM Amsterdam, Netherlands = Casual

Sat 19 Early AM Dover

I have know FO to cancel Theme nights once onboard, so be prepared. I would like to

have had a Christmas Theme Night as we are on the Christmas Markets cruise.

Not long now, I am busy trying to sort out everything for Christmas before we go.

Looking forward to seeing the counter clock down to single numbers

J+

Thanks Dave, yes I have been on her twice before, but that was before the stretch.

I was on the Boudicca last year and we berthed alongside the Braemar, we had a walk up to see what she was like now and stood there looking for the joints.

Anyway 3 weeks exactly and we can have a look at the inside.

Not been on the Balmoral but would love to try it one day (well probably 2 week as one day isn't very long).

Enjoy the markets Dave and have a good Christmas.

Rick.

We were planning on staying in Canterbury on the Friday night before the cruise but have got a great deal at the Burstin Hotel in Folkstone through laterooms.com. Dinner, bed & breakfast only £30 each.......oh I do love a bargain.

I used to live in Dover & never fancied staying there again but I look forward to joining a ship there & seeing my old stomping ground.

See you in 3 weeks :p

got a great deal i like folkestone shame there are no ferries there anymore. i remember going on the seacat there. at least theold station is still there derelict though.

see you there still no tickets yet...waiting patiently for the call

dave

still no tickets yet! guess everone has there's by now. it's getting close now i cannot wait. still not much work here. sitting watching tv

dave

I would contact both your travel agent and FO, just in case FO want to investigate and get you some tickets to pick up at Dover on the day

Not long now, hope to meet many of you on board

Steve & Jan

they are not really travel agents, ok they should have informed me more about the tickets. interested the fare if you book with fred olsen rather than what i did. £599 for a share of inside cabin. included is wellcome aboard on saturday.lecture,hoperfully tour of bridge, excursion of sweden from copenhagen,tour of cap san diego in hamburg,canal trip in amsterdam. all included! so not bothering with booking any excursions now, glad i did not book it online now.have to check i am free on the meet and great you have organised

dave in a wet london

was a bit worried it would clash with the lecture but it does not so 5.45 in observatory on the sunday is fine with me. have to check in the same time as my cabin mate, hope we turns up at the same time! check in 3.20 closes at 3.30? in the newer terminal which is a shame, and shows 2 formal, 1 british,1 western and nothing else...confused i am!

dave

was a bit worried it would clash with the lecture but it does not so 5.45 in observatory on the sunday is fine with me. have to check in the same time as my cabin mate, hope we turns up at the same time! check in 3.20 closes at 3.30? in the newer terminal which is a shame, and shows 2 formal, 1 british,1 western and nothing else...confused i am!

dave

Dave

I think we we were going for the first evening which is the Saturday at 5.45 pm in the Observatory. Hope this will be OK provided of course we are all boarded and away on time.

Not long now, less than 2 weeks to go.

John & Elaine

Yes I thought we had booked on the first evening a well - the time between lifeboat drill (and unpacking if your cases have turned up) and first sitting in the evening (and after that unpacking)

So see those of you who are able to meet on the Saturday evening at 5.45

Cheers

Steve & Jan

Hi All

I would still go for a Saturday meet up, if that is OK, we can track you down on the Sunday, Dave, but that is likely to clash with the Captain's welcome party, so may not be as many takers for that

Failing that as we will be all at sea on Saturday, we could meet up during the day on Sunday as well, providing we have all got on OK with us all on Saturday!

Under two weeks to go now, soon be time to think about what to pack!

Steve & Jan

go ahead on saturday if you like, i could come at 5.30 and have a quick drink then go to the wellcome aboard at 6pm after. not long now, any excursions booked? i will not be booking any now after all ours is included, they sound really good. have to contact my cabinmate as we have to check in togrether( i have the only ticket!) check in 3.20 ends aT 3.30 is this right? any more about the dress code? 2 formal, 1 british,1 western is all i have. can we wear denim in the restarant? am in the balindarock rest myself

dave

go ahead on saturday if you like, i could come at 5.30 and have a quick drink then go to the wellcome aboard at 6pm after. not long now, any excursions booked? i will not be booking any now after all ours is included, they sound really good. have to contact my cabinmate as we have to check in togrether( i have the only ticket!) check in 3.20 ends aT 3.30 is this right? any more about the dress code? 2 formal, 1 british,1 western is all i have. can we wear denim in the restarant? am in the balindarock rest myself

dave

Just been told, by a letter from FO, a change in the theme night on the cruise, only British night and Western night - no Hawaiin night - so have to go and put away the gaudy shirt and grass skirt for another cruise!

Dave can only wear denim, in the evening, on the western theme night, it is OK for breakfast and lunch, providing they are all in one piece and you don't have some of the modern wear on with holes and slashes everywhere

We will aim to be in the observatory bar then for 5.30 t6o meet you for a quick drink!

Only 10 more big sleeps to go, as they say!

Archived