Where is the library on the Noordam?

knot knormal

Looking at the deck plans, I can't see where the library is located, nor the Internet cafe...two must haves!! Please help.

According to the deck plans on HAL's site, both the library and internet center are located in the Explorations Cafe, Promenade Deck (3) just aft of the forward elevator bank. Look at the virtual tour here.

They don't label it as a library anymore as it is not always a quiet place. It is also the place people go to get DVDs, games, etc. When we were on the Noordam it was very well run. HAL does a great job of stocking current and interesting books.

Unlike the other Vista class ships the Noordam has the Internet Cafe, Library and Explorations Cafe all on Deck 3 -- the Promenade Deck.

And I hope HAL never moves it!!

As I have said in response to this comment several times before, as the Noordam already came equipped with an Explorations Cafe... with library and internet center merged, it would not make sense to relocate everything to another deck.

The other ships, as you ought to be aware, had individual spaces for each of these things and the design and overall flow was more inefficient and the spaces were often times rather empty.

Archived