Which ship to Alaska?

tdysert

Hi. Hoping someone can help us. My DH and I plan to cruise Alaska next May. I have done some research and narrowed our options down to the following three ships: Carnival Spirit, Holland America Ryndam, or Island Princess. I honestly cannot decide which ship I prefer.

Carnival is most familiar for us since we've been on 7 cruises with them. We've also been on a Princess cruise before. Ports are pretty much the same except the Carnival ship is round trip from Vancouver (so somewhat cheaper airfare).

We're in our late 30s and enjoy some night life while cruising (disco, piano bar, etc.). No kids, so children's programs are not a concern. If anyone could make suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

I have replied elsewhere to you??? But you are looking at 2 completely different routes. I would suggest you determine what you can afford to do in terms of time and money- one way or round trip. I highly recommend adding on another week to a one way so to take advantage of being all the way there. Cruising Alaska is less about the ship and more about - ports, time in ports, glacier, route, price. If going Mid May- then a round trip would be ideal. Don't expect the party ships of the Caribbean on Carnival- it will actually be a majority of passengers middle aged and above- no party ships yet there.

Hi. Hoping someone can help us. My DH and I plan to cruise Alaska next May. I have done some research and narrowed our options down to the following three ships: Carnival Spirit, Holland America Ryndam, or Island Princess. I honestly cannot decide which ship I prefer.

Carnival is most familiar for us since we've been on 7 cruises with them. We've also been on a Princess cruise before. Ports are pretty much the same except the Carnival ship is round trip from Vancouver (so somewhat cheaper airfare).

We're in our late 30s and enjoy some night life while cruising (disco, piano bar, etc.). No kids, so children's programs are not a concern. If anyone could make suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

If you are considering Carnival itineary that is roundtrip from Vancouver into Glacier Bay that is an excellent itinerary. Not sure I'd do the "one way" cruise if not staying to do some touring in Alaska however.. Just my opinion. I know quite a few people who have done that itinerary on the Spirit (and on other ships as well) and give it good marks.

Archived