Help: Potential SeaPass Problem?

LuvBNatC

I am pretty sure Danajjj has it correct - it is easier all around if the purser switches the room assignment in the computer.

I think we did keep an extra original key for each room, but that was more for convenience of access.

OK, now you guys are making my head spin. I thought when we did online check-in, each person would enter their own credit card information and that was that. If my parents want to be on the same credit card, they just enter the same number for both.

I do prefer having the SeaPass cards corrected to reflect the right cabin number, just because I'm a perfectionist. And because my parents expect me to handle all the details (which is why I did all the booking). They will be happiest if there are no complications like needing an extra card as a room key.

I don't mind having a second card so I can get into their cabin. I'm a big girl. I can handle it.

OK, now you guys are making my head spin. I thought when we did online check-in, each person would enter their own credit card information and that was that. If my parents want to be on the same credit card, they just enter the same number for both.

I do prefer having the SeaPass cards corrected to reflect the right cabin number, just because I'm a perfectionist. And because my parents expect me to handle all the details (which is why I did all the booking). They will be happiest if there are no complications like needing an extra card as a room key.

I don't mind having a second card so I can get into their cabin. I'm a big girl. I can handle it.

Just go to Guest Relations after boarding, they will straighten it all out for you. You can get an extra key card to their cabin, they can have their cards just for their cabin, it's simple.

We've done this many times with our kids, since until now (son will be 21 by next cruise) we've had to book a parent in each cabin. I keep checking the rates, as both my husband and I are considered seniors and if that rate becomes available, we'll divide and book one of us into each cabin.

Go down to the service desk and ask for a new card, say you lost the 1st one, now you have two.

That won't work as they will deactivate the "lost" card. However, as someone already posted, just go and ask them to reissue cards so that everyone can access the cabin they will actually be staying in, not necessarily the cabin they were booked in. It is not a rare occurrence and we have had similar situations and had your worries, only to find that it was not the problem we imagined. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Yes, you fill in a different credit card for each person when registering online for the cruise. That way every person has their purchases credited to the appropriate card. Personally, I think it is easier to keep up with expenses if you actually have the purser switch the people to the correct cabins. This also eliminates the need to keep up with 2 cards. I don't think the "extra" cabin key has a credit card attached to it, so you cannot use it for purchases. It is a cabin key only.

If we go to the purser and have it switched there would we still enter the different credit cards for each person when doing the Sea Pass online in advance or do we just do it oncee at the purser. Sorry, I know I am making this wayyyyyyy more complicated than it needs to be.

I would fill out all paperwork, including credit card information as if you were planning on staying in the originally assigned rooms. Then, when you go to guest relations to change where you are sleeping, the agent will only have to change the room number associated with ALL the other (and still valid) information assigned to that SeaPass such as credit card information.

Does that make sense?

I would fill out all paperwork, including credit card information as if you were planning on staying in the originally assigned rooms. Then, when you go to guest relations to change where you are sleeping, the agent will only have to change the room number associated with ALL the other (and still valid) information assigned to that SeaPass such as credit card information.

Does that make sense?

This makes the most sense to me, and that's how I was going to do it. That means the only info connected to each name that needs to be changed is the cabin number.

I wondered about having both cabins coded the same so one card works in both doors. Somewhere I once heard that there are only about 7 key combinations they use anyway, because somone accidentally went to the wrong door and their key card happened to work in it.

Or maybe it's just a cruising myth.

Karen

Archived