Pic of Sydney Bridge Walkers

Kiwi Kruzer

Hi...I had to crop the photo quite a bit to fit it in.They are there, at the top by the left flagpole............a long long .......long way up.They walk up on side of the arch,cross over between the flags and come down the other side. One way traffic.I believe your photo is also taken, electronically ,at the top.

Great picture Kiwi Kruzer. Hope you enjoyed your time on the Sapphire.

We did the Bridge Climb way back when it first started and yes they use a digital camera to take everyone's photo.

The photo is ready to collect when you return to ground level and have taken off your grey suit that everyone wears on the Bridge Climb.

If you can do, it is a must as it is a wonderful feeling to be right up on top of the bridge with the most magnificent view of Sydney Harbour. It is not scary and is done under stringent rules and regulations.

Jennie

I did a day climb for the first time a couple of weeks back (had done two night climbs before) - I was lucky to have picked the perfect day for it, with cloudless skies and glorious sunshine.

Two tips for those who are in Sydney for a few days:-

1. Unless you are there at a very very busy time (particularly in the Christmas and New Year period), wait until you know what the weather's going to be like before you make a booking. They climb in all weathers except electrical storms, and they mean it.
  2. For a day climb, go in the mid to late afternoon. That way, the sun will shine on the side of the Opera House facing the bridge, giving you the best photos in that direction. If you look at the publicity shots which include the Opera House, most of them are taken at that sort of time of the day.

Archived