Seeking Christmas cruising ideas

gbphipps

We are considering the Monarch 5 day cruise 12/21-12/26 and would like to know what the cruise line might offer and what we should bring ourselves in order to make the holiday special. I have done a search but have not found much information. If you have cruised on Christmas on RCCL how was it?

My dh and I will be traveling with our 18 year old daughter (so no need for Santa secrecy) and an adult friend and her companion. We have had a very difficult year and are looking for something completely different and fun. We appreciate any information you might share.

We are interested in learning about religious services onboard, caroling and sing-a-longs,Christmas shows, special decorations, Cruise critic holiday cabin crawls/gift exchange/caroling (there doesn't seem to be a roll call yet, so probably not), anything else? All ideas to make the holiday cruise memorable while keeping Christ in Christmas will be welcome.

Thanks!

While onboard last year:

Christmas carolling in the Royal Promenade at 11pm Christmas Eve.

Traditional Christmas Dinner

Christmas trees and poinsettias everywhere

Cruise director did a reading of "The Night before Christmas"

Santa was onboard Christmas morning.

Christmas Eve Ice Skating show was magnificent

Christmas carols played all week long

We brought a 3' tree and decorated with lights and non breakable ornaments. Loved having the tree lights on during the night as a night light.

Brought small gifts for cabin attendant and wait staff.

Worship service held at midnight.

Lots of Santa hats!

Would do this again!

We are considering the Monarch 5 day cruise 12/21-12/26 and would like to know what the cruise line might offer and what we should bring ourselves in order to make the holiday special. I have done a search but have not found much information. If you have cruised on Christmas on RCCL how was it?

My dh and I will be traveling with our 18 year old daughter (so no need for Santa secrecy) and an adult friend and her companion. We have had a very difficult year and are looking for something completely different and fun. We appreciate any information you might share.

We are interested in learning about religious services onboard, caroling and sing-a-longs,Christmas shows, special decorations, Cruise critic holiday cabin crawls/gift exchange/caroling (there doesn't seem to be a roll call yet, so probably not), anything else? All ideas to make the holiday cruise memorable while keeping Christ in Christmas will be welcome.

Thanks!

I have been on two christmas time cruises, one in Hawaii, one Panama Canal. Both were Royal Carribean, Legend of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas. Both ships were decorated beautifully, especially the centrums. Both had christmas eve caroling in the centrum, and they brought tears to my eyes. Children had a visit from Santa, in the centrum, and it was wonderful to watch, if you would so choose.

The festive air onboard was wonderful, the formal night was more special, everyone is in such a good mood!

I would highly recommend cruising at christmas.

We just booked the Monarch 5 day Christmas cruise today and now I am looking forward to it even more, this will be our first year with no Santa which any parents will understand how that is breaking my heart just a little that my babies are growing up so we thought this would be great way to make that transition a little easier on all of us.

Hadn't thought about gifts for the room steward/waiter - what a great idea, what would you suggest?

We just booked the Monarch 5 day Christmas cruise today and now I am looking forward to it even more, this will be our first year with no Santa which any parents will understand how that is breaking my heart just a little that my babies are growing up so we thought this would be great way to make that transition a little easier on all of us.

Hadn't thought about gifts for the room steward/waiter - what a great idea, what would you suggest?

There have been several threads out there about tips (gifts/money). The general theme is your service people don't have enough room to store much of anything, and would prefer cash. Now this is Christmas, so if anything i would be something homemade. Cookies, and candies.

Boxes of Christmas chocolates/candies for the crew is always nice. Also you could think about giving your room attendant the "day off" from cleaning you cabin. And since they cannot be with their families on Christmas, a phone card is nice. You can buy them at Costco in bulk. You can also take their picture and email it to their families while on board. (of course they will have to give you their email address,)

What was the Christnmas show in the theatre like, Nan?

The Royal Caribbean singers and dancers as well as the Cruise Director and staff usually put on a show with a Christmas theme, usually on Christmas eve or Christmas day. If Hanukkah falls during the same dates, they will include a Hanukkah theme also.

Archived