info on Lobster Alive

sandian

Hi

Hope to go to the beach here and need info on price of taxi and any reviews.

Thanks

Sandian

Sandian,

Lobster alive is a very short taxi ride or about a 15 minute walk from the port.

My family has walked to Lobster Alive several times now.

We find the Lobster Alive beach quite good. Not too busy and lots of great sand with some mild wave action. Not much for snokeling but that is ok with us.

Also, Lobster alive is right next to the boatyard.

Regards,

OSJ

Sandian,

Lobster alive is a very short taxi ride or about a 15 minute walk from the port.

My family has walked to Lobster Alive several times now.

We find the Lobster Alive beach quite good. Not too busy and lots of great sand with some mild wave action. Not much for snokeling but that is ok with us.

Also, Lobster alive is right next to the boatyard.

Regards,

OSJ

OSJ

Thanks for your reply it looks a good option for just a quiet day at the beach, dont want to do any touring as we will have done all that on the other islands.

Its a Sunday we are going and quite a few places will be shut.

Thanks again

Sandian

These are Lobster's big beach umbrellas

Lobster_s_umbrellas.jpg

and these are Lobster's big lobsters!!

Lobsters1.jpg

This is the view as you eat lunch, there..

Lobster_lookout1.jpg

Views of Carlisle Bay generally..

CBay-4.jpg

-about half-mile up the looong Carlisle Bay beach

CarlisleBay11a.jpg

Typical water conditions for Carlisle Bay

It's a Sunday we are going and quite a few places will be shut.
Ha! -- You're in luck! :)

On Sundays, Arty and the boys usually get together their little Jazz Band

and do their thing starting, I believe, sometime around noon, and going until the get tired

so you might catch that too, as an added bonus. ;)

The restaurant serves tasty seafood of varying styles, not just lobster.

Kids like to see the 'bugs' in Arty's big salt-water holding tank..down in the back, near the bar

Look for it...(my photo above!)

Ha! -- You're in luck! :)

On Sundays, Arty and the boys usually get together their little Jazz Band

and do their thing starting, I believe, sometime around noon, and going until the get tired

so you might catch that too, as an added bonus. ;)

The restaurant serves tasty seafood of varying styles, not just lobster.

Kids like to see the 'bugs' in Arty's big salt-water holding tank..down in the back, near the bar

Look for it...(my photo above!)

Already seen the Jazz band on you tube, hope to see them live. Would love to see more of Barbados but need a wind down day.

Maybe one day will be back to see more.

If we're interested in a beautiful, soft sandy beach with food, bathrooms, umbrellas, etc. but little or no hustle & bustle, crowds or even music, which of these two beaches should we go to?

Would we hear the noise from the Boatyard if we were at Lobster Alive?

If we're interested in a beautiful, soft sandy beach

with food, bathrooms, umbrellas, etc. but little or no hustle & bustle, crowds or even music,

which of these two beaches should we go to?

Would we hear the noise from the Boatyard if we were at Lobster Alive? ===> Very little of it

Lobster Alive is a bit upwind of Boatyard, so you shouldn't hear much of their partying or music.

Ask for an umbrella on the far side,away from Boatyard.

I'd still choose Accra/Rockley over Carlisle Bay, all things considered.

• 1 year later...
Can anyone tell me what they charge for chairs & umbrellas? Do they have chair side service for drinks or can you take drinks from restaraunt to the beach? Very important things to consider when trying to decide which beach to choose. ;)

It's $15 for two chairs and an umbrella. You receive 3 tickets for free rum punch or soda with that purchase. You can take your drinks from the restaurant to the beach. Photos of the area and food are in my review of the Serenade of the Seas (link below). Have fun! :)

Looks like a great beach. We are planning to spend the day there in Feb. Is the food all seafood? I looked online and it seems like an expensive menu for lunch. We will also have our 2yr old DD. Is there a lunch menu or food that is more beachy? Like burgers, chicken, etc? Anywhere else close to eat? What about restrooms?

Looks like a great beach. We are planning to spend the day there in Feb. Is the food all seafood? I looked online and it seems like an expensive menu for lunch. We will also have our 2yr old DD. Is there a lunch menu or food that is more beachy? Like burgers, chicken, etc? Anywhere else close to eat? What about restrooms?

Jen, there are washrooms right at the Lobster Alive building that you can use.

Also, if memory seves correct, the menu is priced in Barbadian dollars so divide the price by two (or thereabouts) to get to US dollars.

As far as selection, if you don't see anything you like, slip next door to the boatyard shack and they most likely will have what you are looking for.

Regards,

OSJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After (and because of ) reading about it on CC, we got our chairs and umbrella at Lobster Alive and then went next door to Boatyard for lunch, which was quite a bit cheaper. I had the flying fish sandwich, which I had been told was a Barbados don't miss, and have never seen on any menu before or since. THE BEST fish sandwich of my whole life! The Lobster Alive beach is quiet and calmer than Boatyard, with powerful rum punch.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Archived