Past cruiser rates?

SJChaput

I was under the impression that, being a past Carnival guest I would be subject to slightly lower rates... I just finished my first cruise ever on Sunday and was going to book another.

I check the rates with the "past guest" box checked and unchecked and I can't find a single cruise that is any less expensive when viewing the cruise summaries... Is this a lower price I would see later in the booking stage or something or is it that all cruises aren't discounted for past Carnival guests?

I can't wait to get back on board... I am hoping to get back in February... I can't stand not being on the ship... Its too bad real life doesn't have a Lido deck :'(

I have been having trouble getting the past guest rates to come up too. This is what I've been doing to get the past guest rates to come up:

1. Do the normal cruise search

2. When the results page comes up, on the left there will be a little thing to change your search. Use that to search again (make sure the past guest thing is still checked). The past guest rates should then come up.

Not sure why I've been having trouble getting the past guest rates to come up on the first search. Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

My December cruise has some past guest rates, but they are all higher than the last of the early saver rates when they pulled them last week. Early saver is going to be your cheapest rate ... almost always booking in advance. Sometimes close in there will be cheaper rates, pack n go or senior rates if the cruise isnt selling well.

Past guest rates are almost never more than a year in advance either, they show up for the current year only ... if there are past guest rates.

I just booked my October cruise a little over a week ago and the past guest rates were about $100 less per person than regular rates. They will only use special rate codes when they have to. If a sailing isn't selling well its a way of bringing people in who might be last minute cruisers or such.

I think that with the rollout of the Early Saver rates that Carnival may have done away with Past Guest rates. I too don't see them anymore when checking cruises; just the Early Saver ones. You could also call Carnival directly and ask :)
We're sailing using past guest rates. We booked over the phone through a CVS just a few weeks ago, and even the military rate wasn't any better.

Not sure why I've been having trouble getting the past guest rates to come up on the first search. Anyone have a clue how to fix it?

Im having trouble myself. I go to the regular rates, then over on the side for the special search...check the boxes, senior, texas, past guest... then it goes to a page where its does NOT show my rates ....then I hit my back button .... and they now appear on my cruise ... ?? thats how Iv been doing it...pain in the neck.

We are past guests and took advantage of a past guest rate to get OBC for our early saver booking. The past guest rate came out after final payment and well after early saver rates were posted. If you can easily abide by the terms of the early saver fare (read the fine print very, very carefully) you can book early saver then if a past guest rate comes up at a later time, use it to get OBC or$ off final payment. If a past guest rate doesn't come up for the sailing you are booked on, then at least you paid the lower early saver fare.

I have been having trouble getting the past guest rates to come up too. This is what I've been doing to get the past guest rates to come up:

1. Do the normal cruise search

2. When the results page comes up, on the left there will be a little thing to change your search. Use that to search again (make sure the past guest thing is still checked). The past guest rates should then come up.

On the main search page, right above the picture, click where it says "check special rate eligibility" A drop down menu should then appear. Once you check it, it should retain that info every time you search.

On the main search page, right above the picture, click where it says "check special rate eligibility" A drop down menu should then appear. Once you check it, it should retain that info every time you search.

It doesnt seem to remember this for me from one day to the next, I have to keep inputting it when I do my price checks.

....not to mention, if Im signed in, and try to check the price of a cruise I already have booked, it often wouldnt show me the rates ...

Well, I just tried and this time it showed me the rates on one of my cruises, but sometimes Iv not been able to do that... it keeps changing. This time I can check and all the rates came up yippee.

I was under the impression that, being a past Carnival guest I would be subject to slightly lower rates... I just finished my first cruise ever on Sunday and was going to book another.

I check the rates with the "past guest" box checked and unchecked and I can't find a single cruise that is any less expensive when viewing the cruise summaries... Is this a lower price I would see later in the booking stage or something or is it that all cruises aren't discounted for past Carnival guests?

I can't wait to get back on board... I am hoping to get back in February... I can't stand not being on the ship... Its too bad real life doesn't have a Lido deck :'(

From what I can tell, past guest rates basically allow you to book an assigned cabin for around the price of a guarantee, which isn't bad if you don't want to deal with the restrictions of the Early Saver..

Past guest rates are not available on all sailing or dates.......

That does not work for me. It retains the info (every time I do a search those boxes are automatically checked), but on the results page the past guest rates do not come up. I have to do the search a second time (not changing any info) in order to get the past guest rates to come up.

Archived