Thong swim suits

SillySally13

I, too, have never seen a thong bathing suit on board a cruise ship. I've seen lots and lots of bikinis, but no thongs. I've sailed mostly on RCCL, so that might be why; the pool area is a more family oriented.

Actually, I have seen a thong suit on a cruise ship: it was a video some sleaze took of some woman in a thong suit and he posted it on YouTube. His camera spent a lot of time on her crotch!! :eek:

What negative do you expect to come from your 12 yo son seeing a thong bathing suit?

What positive will he incur from avoiding seeing one?

I'm not judging, Im just curious to how parents think, I myself do not plan on having kids.

We come from a more "modest" family i suppose. I have no problem with bathing suits, but I do have a problem with someones a$$ cheeks hanging out. Leave a little to the imagination, much sexier in my opinion. And geesh do we all have one.

I am so glad I found this thread.

If you feel comfortable wearing a thong go for it. The puritanical attitude of the average American is astounding. What is wrong with the human body that is so offensive? What harm comes from a 12yo seeing someone's butt cheeks?...I've got news for you, if your 12yo boy has access to the internet he's seen more than that!

A side note to the OP: There are clothing optional full ship charters. If you google "clothing optional cruises" you will find them. I am not sure if we are permitted to post the charter group here.

Thongs aside or ha..inside...what really bothers (mystifies) me are the signs on our northern highways that advertise Pleasure Valley Family Nudist Colony."...Family??? I just don't get it.

Uh-OH Karen, you could be asking "for it" on that one.;):p:D

What negative do you expect to come from your 12 yo son seeing a thong bathing suit?

What positive will he incur from avoiding seeing one?

I'm not judging, Im just curious to how parents think, I myself do not plan on having kids.

Good point-I doubt he will feel anything Mom does not desire him to do, in seeing a 50 year old dressed in one-now a 15 year year old girl-yes-Mom beware!

I, too, have never seen a thong bathing suit on board a cruise ship. I've seen lots and lots of bikinis, but no thongs. I've sailed mostly on RCCL, so that might be why; the pool area is a more family oriented.

Actually, I have seen a thong suit on a cruise ship: it was a video some sleaze took of some woman in a thong suit and he posted it on YouTube. His camera spent a lot of time on her crotch!! :eek:

Sounds like the webcam at Grand Cayman-on one of my roll calls a couple of years back- a fellow cruiser posted a link- and I went to that on the net- a person who was controlling the camera kept zoning in on young slim women's butts. Nope, none were in thongs, they had on shorts or mini skirts-but some pervert was having a lot of fun.

Great question, thanks for asking -

I live in the middle of no where so I am

used to not having much on.

So now I am paying big $$ for a vacation in the sun and I just want to keep up with what I enjoy, fun, sun, beach and no extra clothing - no extra tan lines, its my cruise, my $$.

As I stated in my original post I would be in the "ADULT ONLY" area, not running around the ship showing off my bunns!

Just sunning enjoying my day - WITH MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!

New Question???????????????????

Why do they have an adult only area on board ???????

Can't adults be somewhat free and comfortable????

If not stay at the other areas, (turn off the TV so to speak)

And parents keep your kids out of the adult only area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(their your kids not mine, I raised mine)

It has been inlightening to see everyones response to this question, and the diverse thoughts on the matter.

So I guess I will sit back and put some butter on my popcorn and enjoy;)

G'ma -

I guess if you have never worn one it would be hard to explain, but I dont feel the need to pull it out so to speak, I find them quite comfortable.:o

Do you mean the topless deck? If you are up there-no one will care. But if you mean the adults' only pool-well that is very near a self serve ice cream station-so kids do go over there. They are just not allowed in the pool. At least on the Miracle it was that way-the Legend is a sister ship of the Miracle.

I didn't think Carnival had a topless deck anymore.

Are we talking about Carnival Legend or Legend of the Seas (sorry, I didn't read the whole thread).

Her signature says Carnival Legend. I had no idea about the topless deck-it has been almost 6 years since I have been on Carnival.

To the OP-although there is an adult's only pool the area is not considered adult's only unless Carnival has changed things in 6 years. I do know NCL Pearl had a topless deck-perhaps if you book a cruise again-you may would want to consider them.

Her signature says Carnival Legend. I had no idea about the topless deck-it has been almost 6 years since I have been on Carnival.

To the OP-although there is an adult's only pool the area is not considered adult's only unless Carnival has changed things in 6 years. I do know NCL Pearl had a topless deck-perhaps if you book a cruise again-you may would want to consider them.

I know what you meant, MOM, but just to clarify for others, The "Freestyle Deck" on NCL ships is not just for topless sunbathing, it can include bottomless sunbathing as well.

I know what you meant, MOM, but just to clarify for others, The "Freestyle Deck" on NCL ships is not just for topless sunbathing, it can include bottomless sunbathing as well.

Oh well, I did not know that. When I read the plaque under "Freestyle" I realized it was not for me. I guess though no one need be bothered by the OP's thong there. Perhaps she would prefer the Pearl? Maybe it is not too late for her to cancel and rebook.

Would I wear a thong in public? Only if I was going to paint my butt orange, walk backwards, and go as the world's largest jack-o-lantern.

Otherwise....no. I have too much love for humanity to subject the world to the sight of my derriere clothed in nothing but dental floss... If we sailed out of South Florida, everyone would be humming "Moon over Miami" for the rest of the cruise.

Would I wear a thong in public? Only if I was going to paint my butt orange, walk backwards, and go as the world's largest jack-o-lantern.

Otherwise....no. I have too much love for humanity to subject the world to the sight of my derriere clothed in nothing but dental floss... If we sailed out of South Florida, everyone would be humming "Moon over Miami" for the rest of the cruise.

You made my Sunday! LOL Hysterical stuff.

You made my Sunday! LOL Hysterical stuff.

That was quite good grannyJ!

K&RCurt,

I appreciate your post.

Way to many do gooders out their that go to church on Sunday shunning the human body that we all have and begging for forgiveness only to seek out the preachers wife on Monday so to speak. Small town here so I know - we have it all!

Thanks to all that posted, thanks to all that viewed and didn't post -wish you had;)

Have a great cruise all.

I will be tucked away somewhere secluded sunning with my husband and sister and her husband enjoying ourselves, and meeting with other CC people that enjoy crusing.

When I cross the overweight woman in the suite I will not frown, the white as a ghost gal with the deep red sun burn I will not laught, the lady with the crutches, I will open the door - and all of you enjoying your cruise I will give a big thumbs up - no matter - hey it's your cruise - enjoy as I will!!;)

But alas there will allways be those that complain and will be unhappy, not me:D

Life is so short and I for one am enjoying myself everyday and enjoying the sun!

The question seems designed to entice bites :D

Truly if you have the bod that supports it you should go for it, no matter what it is or whom you are, if you dont, face it and move on, and don't put down those who still can with some kind of religous or self righteous zeal.......

/2c

That was quite good grannyJ!

K&RCurt,

I appreciate your post.

Way to many do gooders out their that go to church on Sunday shunning the human body that we all have and begging for forgiveness only to seek out the preachers wife on Monday so to speak. Small town here so I know - we have it all!

Thanks to all that posted, thanks to all that viewed and didn't post -wish you had;)

Have a great cruise all.

I will be tucked away somewhere secluded sunning with my husband and sister and her husband enjoying ourselves, and meeting with other CC people that enjoy crusing.

When I cross the overweight woman in the suite I will not frown, the white as a ghost gal with the deep red sun burn I will not laught, the lady with the crutches, I will open the door - and all of you enjoying your cruise I will give a big thumbs up - no matter - hey it's your cruise - enjoy as I will!!;)

But alas there will allways be those that complain and will be unhappy, not me:D

Life is so short and I for one am enjoying myself everyday and enjoying the sun!

silysally, one point I thought of after reading your last post, only once have I seen a thong swimsuit-it was on a 20 something gal, very pretty face, but also a good bit over weight-this gal was around 5'6" and about a size 16-18. I could not help but think, she would have looked much more attractive and slimmer in a semi bikini. I have never noticed anyone else wearing a thong, and I admit, perhaps if she had been slim and pretty, she would not have caught my attention, perhaps my hubby's, but not mine.

Here is a thought, you could buy yourself a pair of board shorts or a little lycra cover up skirt to cover your suit when dipping in the pool. Then you can sun yourself elsewhere, away from the children, as you said, in a more private area, minus the shorts/skirt.

LOL! Me too, granny- we are in the "same boat"! Pun intended! Ten years ago, my hubby would have had a fit if I had worn a thong suit, as I had a still attractive figure at age 45. I myself, would not have done it, more for modesty's sake. Although I would have had on a very cute attractive bikini!

Now, No way! As I look good very much a gal of 55, and I have sense enough to know it! Even skirted tankinis are not such a good look on me-they are just the least offensive!

Sallie, I've been cruising for over 30 years and I've only seen one thong on board. The wearer was a young (20ish) very pretty woman and did she ever get the men's attention! She would parade around the pool and they would all get whiplash. Of course the women didn't think much of the show. :D

Anyway, I gathered from your posts that you really don't care what anyone thinks (except your husband and travel companions), so just do your thing and have fun.

I'll be wearing my very pretty blue one piece and wishing I still had the body for a bikini.;)

The question seems designed to entice bites :D

Truly if you have the bod that supports it you should go for it, no matter what it is or whom you are, if you dont, face it and move on, and don't put down those who still can with some kind of religous or self righteous zeal.......

I didnt write that to put anyone down, that is not what I am trying to do, but lets face the facts here - there are way to many people that scorn others and acting in very imoral ways.

I don't go to church, I don't seek out the neighbors husband, I dont talk bad of others - unless they did me wrong, I am happy in my skin and I also try and be respectful of others. Hence I do open the door for any older person or try to help anyone in need. Just the way I was brought up - Do unto others ...as I would want them to do unto me:) BE NICE ya know!

/2c

silysally, one point I thought of after reading your last post, only once have I seen a thong swimsuit-it was on a 20 something gal, very pretty face, but also a good bit over weight-this gal was around 5'6" and about a size 16-18. I could not help but think, she would have looked much more attractive and slimmer in a semi bikini. I have never noticed anyone else wearing a thong, and I admit, perhaps if she had been slim and pretty, she would not have caught my attention, perhaps my hubby's, but not mine.

Here is a thought, you could buy yourself a pair of board shorts or a little lycra cover up skirt to cover your suit when dipping in the pool. Then you can sun yourself elsewhere, away from the children, as you said, in a more private area, minus the shorts/skirt.

Thanks for this post.

I'm 5'11" 135 pounds. Since I work outside I am in good physical condition - although mother nature and age is taking its toll.

I don't plan on "jumping in the pool" with my thong on, I just want to relax with my husband, sis and her DH and catch the sun from a lounge chair, and I will not be "parading" around the deck, (I wonder why everyone seems to think that is my intenton?) I plan on wearing a cover up to my chair and then enjoying the sun.

I do wish that children were not allowed in the adult pool area, but I don't think that will keep me from enjoying the sun. I plan on trying to find a descrete place to park so to speak!

I really started this post just to see if anyone else wore a thong like I plan on doing - NOT to show off, that is not my intention (I am happily married -and OLD!).

I just want to sun and have fun "WITH MY FAMILY"!

Sallie, I've been cruising for over 30 years and I've only seen one thong on board. The wearer was a young (20ish) very pretty woman and did she ever get the men's attention! She would parade around the pool and they would all get whiplash. Of course the women didn't think much of the show. :D

Anyway, I gathered from your posts that you really don't care what anyone thinks (except your husband and travel companions), so just do your thing and have fun.

I'll be wearing my very pretty blue one piece and wishing I still had the body for a bikini.;)

I will have fun - and you do the same;)

I have my swimsuits designed and sewen by Omar.

Omar the Tentmaker? Down on Third & Bazaar? Me too!! Well, I did until he started charging by the yard. At that point, it was either a new swim suit or get the couch re-upholstered. He had some lovely yellow spandex, but I was afraid everyone would mistake me for the back end of a schoolbus and I'd have to keep moving....

Archived