Overnight stop in Rome/Civitavecchia

BluenoseCaper

Hi

I am on the Celebrity Summit October 3-17 and we have an overnight stop in Rome/Civitavecchia. I was wondering if anyone can tell me what time you can exit the ship on the 2nd morning of the 2 day stop. Somewhere I read that the Port Shuttle only starts operating at 7:30 AM. We are planning to DIY in Rome and would like to get an early start on the second day. What is the earliest we could exit the ship and get to the train station in Civitavecchia. If there is no transport available early, is one allowed to walk? I know in some ports, like Livorno, you are not allowed to walk off the dock. Thanks for any help you may provide.

JJ

You would be able to leave or return to your ship 24 hours a day. The port shuttle does not normally operate outside of typical business hours, but there would generally be some taxis at the pier. You do need to keep in mind that the local taxis do not like to take short haul trips and will often charge 20 Euros to take you out of the port to the train station or other local places.

Hank

Archived