Boston: Black Falcon pier, are taxi readily available to take passengers into town?

swdke

Boston: Black Falcon pier, are taxi readily available to take passengers into town? I understand there is bus and train options, but for my group of 3, I think taxi may be the easiest way for us, assuming we can locate a taxi without difficuly. For those who have returned, how did you get into town, did you use taxi, or notice a good availability of taxi?

We took the port autority run shuttle bus to Quincy market, which was $5 per person each way.

You were lucky, $5 per person each way is a bargain. Most of the cruise lines charge more than that, like $8 to $10 one way or $14 to $16 for round trip. The Port Authority does not set the price.

For a group of 3 or more it will probably be the same cost, if not cheaper, in a cab and alot more convenient as well.

Had no trouble catching a cab outside the terminal. Lot of folks hanging around inside, getting maps, directions and tours. Someone outside will direct you to the cab queue. We got dropped of at Quincy Market. Heard from folks who took the shuttle for $5 they had a longer wait as they filled the bus.

Archived