'Interior' much superior to 'Inside' ?

cruiseathon

I noticed today that the hollandamerica website on the pricing options page has changed from using the word 'Inside' to using the word 'Interior'. No doubt someone in marketing's brilliant idea. IMHO 'Inside' is the better descriptive word to use, and 'Interior' is an attempt to muddle the customer (who might well associate the word with the phrase Interior Design).

IMHO 'Inside' is the better descriptive word to use, and 'Interior' is an attempt to muddle the customer

They both describe that as the room does not share an exterior wall of the vessel, there is no opening to daylight, right? I can see peoples' points a lot of the time if Iif I don't personally agree, but I truly think in this case you are reading way too much into it. IMHO

I noticed today that the hollandamerica website on the pricing options page has changed from using the word 'Inside' to using the word 'Interior'. No doubt someone in marketing's brilliant idea. IMHO 'Inside' is the better descriptive word to use, and 'Interior' is an attempt to muddle the customer (who might well associate the word with the phrase Interior Design).

Intrigued about the "muddling"... Interior sounds very similar to inside, and I would think HAL should be entitled to call their rooms what they like. Hotels call their rooms what they like and as long as they are not misleading, I can't see the harm. Not sure why someone would see the cheapest cabins (inside/interior) as being confused with interior design.

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't think interior/inside is nearly as confusing as calling the SS category cabins 'suites.' First of all, they're not suites, IMO. Suites (like Embassy Suites) have separate rooms ... bedroom and living area. A suite of offices has more than one large office. Adding to the confusion for many folks is tacking 'superior' to their name. That sounds like a superlative above 'deluxe' which is a higher category.

I don't think interior/inside is nearly as confusing as calling the SS category cabins 'suites.' First of all, they're not suites, IMO. Suites (like Embassy Suites) have separate rooms ... bedroom and living area. A suite of offices has more than one large office. Adding to the confusion for many folks is tacking 'superior' to their name. That sounds like a superlative above 'deluxe' which is a higher category.

Ugh! Superior versus deluxe. One of my pet peeves with HAL's naming conventions...in fact probably the only one that still to this day bugs me. It would appear people have finally gotten used to it but I remember when the Vista class ships first came out and the confusion then not to mention some not so happy cruisers who thought they'd been misled about their "suite" and "suite amenities". As far as interior versus inside....I'll go with the "it sounds better" vote but in reality obviously means nothing.

Archived