Open Cabins

waterbugohio

Can anyone help me with how to find open cabins??

I finally settled on an outside cabin for November on the Serenade, just to good a price to pass up.

Well today the price breaks and the guarantee balcony is now only $50 higher. But do I want to give up the ship location I have. Also is there anyway to know which balcony category you would get??

With a balcony gty there is no way to know what category you will end up with... if it were me I'd roll the dice & take a gamble...if you get a cabin you really can't stand you could always go back to your outside...but I don't think there is such a thing as a "bad" balcony...:D

So how would that work?? If I call and upgrade, would I have to pay the $50?? then would the balcony room number show up right away. If it was way forward or we didn't like the location, I could call back and get the old cabin back? (and money?)

With a guarantee cabin booking it is possible that the cabin assignment wouldn't be done right away and it could be done anytime up to embarkation. Our experience with guarantee bookings have been one cabin assignment the next day, one within two days and one within three weeks and all were assigned before the final payment date.

Once when I had my assigned cabin that I wanted changed to be near friends, cabin was fine an upgrade to D1 for E1 Gty, I was able to call RC as I had booked directly with them and get it changed to another available cabin in the same category one deck up. They don't have to do this but most RC CVPs (agents) will do this for you especially if you have some C&A status. Call again if first call doesn't give positive results or ask to be put back in the guarantee pool for re-assignment but you could lose an upgrated cabin if this has been assigned. We were Diamond when we did this. The other two assigned cabins were fine, a deck seven E1 with extra large balcony for a X (balcony) Gty and a deck four OV for a Z (inside) Gty.

You can always just CALL RCI on the phone, and ask them!

It's much easier and quicker to look online where you can see the available cabins on a deck plan using a site that provides more availability information than RC does on their website.

Archived