Yet another passport question. I know..I know.

shebring02lx

Are passports currently required? Thats the question I am asking today!

The last cruise I took was back in April 09 for my honeymoon & at the time a passport was not REQUIRED but recommended. I was able to use my current passport because the cruise was reserved in my maiden name.

I have a passport but it has my maiden name on it so it will not work & he doesnt have a passport. [Which I do plan on updating mine & he plans on getting one]

However, my husband just joined the NAVY back in April and will be facing a deployment shortly - I would LOVE to plan a pre-deployment cruise but fear that we wont have time to deal with the whole passport thing in time. Just wondering if they are requiring passports at this time or are they still accepting birth certificates & if so ... how would that work for me since I have a new last name?! :)

Also...in the case that passports are required...do you think I could book the cruise in my maiden last name and still use my passport since it hasnt expired yet?

Thanks in advance for all the feedback!

Passports are not being required for closed loop cruises (Im assuming that is what you are asking about). nothing has changed since 2009.

CC unstickied the thread, but you can always do a "search this thread" to find stuff like this...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=998726&highlight=closed+loop

lots of posts and it has the word from carnival on the op's post.

There are some restrictions, but basically if you do a roundtrip cruise you can still use your birth certificates and photo IDs.

You'll need a copy of your marriage license to verify the name change if different on your two other documents.

David

The name on the passport needs to be the same as the passenger. Reserve the room for "Ms Jane Smith" and "Mr David Jones" and you will be fine.

When I traveled using my birth certificate and DL, my DL has my maiden name as my middle name so no confusion as to who I am.

If it's not like this ("Jane Smith Jones"), might want to bring your Marriage certificate as well.

Thank you to your DH for his service for our country.

Archived